No announcement yet.

The New England Patriots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cringe at the coaching advantage that New England has against us this week. Absolutely cringe. They should light us up.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I haven't seen much of Butler this year, but I thought he had potential in man coverage from what I saw from him last year.

Is he just a total dud? Or is the zone concepts giving him a hard time?
      It's his body control. I would actually say he looks better in zone than man coverage right now. When the ball is in the air, he panics and commits both HORRIBLE penalties as well as just straight up miss playing the ball and leading to big completions. He hasn't played at all the past few weeks and we've been a much better team because of it. Teams were specifically targeting him and got huge yards because of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Danny Woodhead is the man. I wish he got more looks. That little man just knows how to get it done.

Comment

5-1 is really encouraging for a team that, under BB, has always shown improvement through December.

The oline has vulnerability, especially up the middle. Any playoff run will likely need some scheduling luck to be successful. Playing a nasty 3-4 front like the Ravens / Steelers / Chargers in the playoffs will be much more difficult than playing a 4 man front like those in the AFC South.

Homefield will be huge if NE is to make a run.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

How is Danny Woodhead under rated? he played like 3 games and people are already talking about him.

Comment

It's pretty interesting how Belichick is moving Wilfork around on the line week-to-week to negate the opponents preferred run attack point. They are playing him a ton at DE.

Comment

I don't think people talk about them much because there's not much to say. Most people would agree they have a good chance to make the Super Bowl. Kind of like most years for the last decade.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Danny Woodhead is the man. I wish he got more looks. That little man just knows how to get it done.
                  He's been legit for us. Perfect runningback for our scheme. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some money from us and hang around for a long time.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

It's almost like they are a team in transition from when they went to the Superbowl with guys like Teddy, Harrison, Seymour, Vrable, Moss........I think they win while they're retooling because of Bellichick and Brady. Give them another draft with all those picks and they'll be even better in a year or two. Right now i dont think they are as good as Pittsburgh and a couple of others but can probably do damage with homefield advantage.

Comment

I think the biggest thing is that they're actually winning on the road this year. That shows the young talent is stepping up in a big way.

They also took the three most NFL-ready players on the Gators roster in Spikes, Cunningham, and Hernandez. All three guys contributing in a huge way for them.
                      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 10-26-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Yea, UF has been balling for us this year

Now if we can just do the same with Alabama next year
                        Dareus, Julio Jones and Ingram.... we'd be money!
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                          Yea, UF has been balling for us this year

Now if we can just do the same with Alabama next year
                          Dareus, Julio Jones and Ingram.... we'd be money!

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

I just have a feeling that the Patriots are going to get stomped in the playoffs. They are playing great right now, but they don't seem to have the kind of roster to win when it counts. They are entirely one dimensional on offense (short passes) and they have a lot of young players who will be relied upon to get the job done against the Steelers/Ravens/Jets in the playoffs.

Comment

With the way everything is going this year, Pats have just a good of shot come January. Home field is really going to play a big part in who goes deep into the playoffs.

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Didn't last year. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information