Why is Jared Allen getting a pass?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Jared Allen getting a pass?

We all jump on Julius Peppers when he's not playing well so why not Allen? This guy right now is half the player he was last year. Doesn't look to be the cowboy we all know and love... not rushing at full speed. Letting Ciffton take him one on one and win. Last year he would have killed Aaron.

he got rid of the mullet

Comment

He's played poorly this year, there's no doubt about that. I think the reason why is because he's been so consistent in his career thus far and this is really the first year he hasn't done all that much.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

It's not a lack of effort like with Peppers. He's just getting beat.

It happens to em all. It's very hard to stay consistent every year. He could be hiding an injury too. Who knows.

Comment

Peppers has a history of underachieving at times and he's under a big microscope right now after signing that contract. Allen doesn't have that history and he's being overshadowed by all the Favre talk.

Comment

Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
            he got rid of the mullet
            and got married. kiss of death. lol

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            It's not a lack of effort like with Peppers. He's just getting beat.

It happens to em all. It's very hard to stay consistent every year. He could be hiding an injury too. Who knows.
            I concur. Allen is looking poor but he's earned a solid rep as a hard working player. A down year is rough, but it's not like he's taking plays off and dogging it all week long.

Peppers never got a pass b/c he was a lazy douchenozzle and didn't deserve a pass. As much as I dislike Allen, he deserves a pass, plain & simple.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Yeah I was surprised with how Chad Clifton handled him pretty easily one on one with no help most of the game. Allen just doesn't seem to have that first step or even strength that he had last year. Ray Edwards has been better than Allen this year although really who on the Vikes hasn't underacheived this year. Also throwing Chris Cook out there to the wolves off an injury and and with no experience can't be good for his development. Haha Frank Walker almost looked halfway decent out there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                Yeah I was surprised with how Chad Clifton handled him pretty easily one on one with no help most of the game. Allen just doesn't seem to have that first step or even strength that he had last year. Ray Edwards has been better than Allen this year although really who on the Vikes hasn't underacheived this year. Also throwing Chris Cook out there to the wolves off an injury and and with no experience can't be good for his development. Haha Frank Walker almost looked halfway decent out there.
                Chris Cook was awful and Frank Walker got away with a couple pulls and tugs. Thank god for Clifton, though. Allen will probably still end up with double digit sacks just because he's a high motor player.

Comment

He got too cocky after sacking Johnny Knoxville in Jackass 3D.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Cook looked like a DROY candidate in the preseason, so I'm going to give him a pass. He definitely looked like he didn't trust his knee that much. Frank Walker is a scrap heap depth signing, so any time he doesn't get toasted is a positive for me.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

That whole team is underachieving, every player on D impacts the play of everyone else. He definitely deserves a pass.

Comment

Simple answer is because Brett Favre is literally giving away games that the defense puts the Vikings in position to win

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                          Simple answer is because Brett Favre is literally giving away games that the defense puts the Vikings in position to win
                          Very true. It's no likely the talking heads can take even one second of Favre-Talk-Time and devote it to some other Viking.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

You guys never heard the story of Sampson? He cut the mullet! He lost his power! =P

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

It's from skipping all of those practices to go 'recruit' Favre to come back.
                              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information