running backs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running backs

doesn't it seem that good running backs are a dime a dozen recently? I mean, you can have great ones like LT and LJ, but it really seems that a coach can take any back with a little speed and get 1000 yards out of him. Ladell Betts got 1000 yards last season. It also seems that teams are going more with the 2 RB approach, and together the backs often top 1200. And rookies with no NFL experience come in and get close to 1000. Why? Is the pool of NFL caliber RBs that deep and talented? And how will this affect th draft.

sorry if i sound crazy

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

its sily, so many backs can run for 1000 yards

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
      its sily, so many backs can run for 1000 yards
      STEPHENSON!!!

Comment

they are, but not quite as much as people think. 1,000 yards isn't a big deal at all anymore since you only have to average a little over 60 yards a game.

Comment

Ya im not really impressed until they have atleast 1500 yards in a season....its the new 1000(Y)

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

1400 is the new 1000
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              1400 is the new 1000
              agreed!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                1400 is the new 1000
                yea, elite backs should be getting 1500+ yards.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
                #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
                I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

good line>>>>>good back
                  Peyton Manning Fanboy
                  Originally posted by Complex
                  They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I would take a great line with a good back over a great back and a good line any day of the weak.

Comment

5>1 if you get what I'm saying.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

Good runningbacks seem to be common, yet there are maybe 10 quarterbacks in the league you can really hang your hat on as dependable.

Comment

I don't believe that 1000 yards should be that big of a benchmark in today's game. It's under 70 yards a game and with the way athletes are trained now-a-days 25 carries a games isn't difficult so realistically a player could average under 3 yards per carry and still achieve 1000 yards. Now 1500 yards is quite an accomplishment b/c that's almost 100 yards a game and it signifies that you've stayed fairly healthy through the duration of the season.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I agree about 1300 yards IMO is the old 1000 and 1500 yards is a really good year 1700 or more and it is more then just the line you are a great RB.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              I don't believe that 1000 yards should be that big of a benchmark in today's game. It's under 70 yards a game and with the way athletes are trained now-a-days 25 carries a games isn't difficult so realistically a player could average under 3 yards per carry and still achieve 1000 yards. Now 1500 yards is quite an accomplishment b/c that's almost 100 yards a game and it signifies that you've stayed fairly healthy through the duration of the season.
                              25 carries is a huge workload. There are only a handful of players in the NFL who could handle that. They would also have to be very lucky to not be injured with that type of workload.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information