No announcement yet.

Aaron Curry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-3 SAMs just aren't going to make much of an impact unless the coaching staff is very creative with the position.

I haven't really seen him play much, but I'm assuming he's handcuffed by the position he plays.

Comment

I remember when Ryan Sims was considered the safest Defense of player in the 2002 draft and look how that turned out.

Comment

It was always a bad pick with Crabtree on the board.

and Sanchez, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          It was always a bad pick with Crabtree on the board.

and Sanchez, I guess.
          Should have gone with DHB

Teh Speeeeeedz

Comment

^^

Yeah but they just signed Housh to a big 5 year deal and expected him to be an all pro WR, plus they were still paying the big bucks to Branch. I think it was the right pick. Sanchez would have been interesting and a nice fit but I think it was clear that they expected Hassellbeck to be the QB for a few more years.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

He'll have a solid career. While the expectations put on draft picks are fun, reality is reality...Considering how good a prospect he was there's obviously upside there...

Comment

I thought Curry would have been a better fit at ILB, which is where he would have played on the Browns.

I can't help thinking Seattle factors into this... if he was great or awful, would anyone really know? Matt Hassleback and other players are just sort of forgotten there.

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                  I remember when Ryan Sims was considered the safest Defense of player in the 2002 draft and look how that turned out.
                  It's hard to read your posts with those hot, horned, frisky fillies melon-massaging each other like that..... but I appreciate their affection. Good work.

I haven't seen any Seahawks games really since Curry was taken so high, but it reminds me of Hawk. Tons of hype, the experts said he was safe, and he has been.

He hasn't made a ton of highlight plays, etc. and some fans and media have criticized him, but he's done his job pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                    I thought Curry would have been a better fit at ILB, which is where he would have played on the Browns.

I can't help thinking Seattle factors into this... if he was great or awful, would anyone really know? Matt Hassleback and other players are just sort of forgotten there.

Avast ye mateys! There be monsters that dwell in the undiscovered Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      I think it's safe to say, he wouldn't go that high if the draft were held today though.
                      And I think it's safe to say that if you changed the facial features and name, yes he would. I base that on where Alex Couch was drafted. Err, I mean Darrius Heyward Williamson.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        And I think it's safe to say that if you changed the facial features and name, yes he would. I base that on where Alex Couch was drafted. Err, I mean Darrius Heyward Williamson.
                        I thought we already established that he's Aaron Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                          That name should not be spoken or typed.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            That name should not be spoken or typed.
                            peter king circa 2002: Kansas City. Just like you can never have too much starting pitching, you can never have too many defensive linemen. Ryan Sims and Eddie Freeman should plug the run and give the Chiefs some upfield pass rush, too.

Actually a lot of this is gold.

Carolina. I don't want to kill the Panthers, but this is not the time to be picking boom-or-bust guys. I bet 75 percent of NFL personnel people think DeShaun Foster, at his best, is a top-five pick in any draft, and, at his worst, is a coach-killer. Terminal fumbler. Attitude guy. They'd better hope Julius Peppers is special -- and that Chris Weinke is good enough to make people not dwell on the success Joey Harrington will have as an NFL player. Because he will have some.

Baltimore. With one pick in the top 50, I thought the Ravens would address a crying need, and I didn't see the bawlingest being free safety. Ed Reed is helpful. I thought Baltimore would have been better served with an offensive or defensive lineman or a corner.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...02/04/22/mmqb/

die King die: 9. I think these are my other non-football thoughts of the week:

a. The Osbournes is one of the funniest shows ever.

b. Fast food is getting healthier at drive-thrus. McDonald's has a nice chicken breast sandwich now.

c. I can't believe what a wasteland TV is. Flipping around the other night, the only thing I found that caught my interest out of 8 million channels was Perry Mason.
                            Last edited by CC.SD; 10-27-2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Good ole PK. Clueless.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                peter king circa 2002: Kansas City. Just like you can never have too much starting pitching, you can never have too many defensive linemen. Ryan Sims and Eddie Freeman should plug the run and give the Chiefs some upfield pass rush, too.

Actually a lot of this is gold.

Carolina. I don't want to kill the Panthers, but this is not the time to be picking boom-or-bust guys. I bet 75 percent of NFL personnel people think DeShaun Foster, at his best, is a top-five pick in any draft, and, at his worst, is a coach-killer. Terminal fumbler. Attitude guy. They'd better hope Julius Peppers is special -- and that Chris Weinke is good enough to make people not dwell on the success Joey Harrington will have as an NFL player. Because he will have some.

Baltimore. With one pick in the top 50, I thought the Ravens would address a crying need, and I didn't see the bawlingest being free safety. Ed Reed is helpful. I thought Baltimore would have been better served with an offensive or defensive lineman or a corner.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ins...02/04/22/mmqb/

die King die: 9. I think these are my other non-football thoughts of the week:

a. The Osbournes is one of the funniest shows ever.

b. Fast food is getting healthier at drive-thrus. McDonald's has a nice chicken breast sandwich now.

c. I can't believe what a wasteland TV is. Flipping around the other night, the only thing I found that caught my interest out of 8 million channels was Perry Mason.
                                20. Cleveland. I love William Green. So he had some college trouble. So he smoked pot. So he ticked a few of his coaches with some attitude. Watch the man play. Watch him make reliable, Emmitt Smith-type moves. Watch him maximize his holes. One question, though: Why did an AFC GM tell me on Friday that the Browns were trying to move Jamir Miller? You need Miller, Butch. He's a cornerstone player.

24. Denver. Mike Shanahan, you know you're the man. But you had a weird weekend. You'll probably make something good out of top pick Ashley Lelie, even though he's had a hamstring injury longer than I've been shaving. But Clinton Portis in the second round? New rule in the NFL this year: You can't have more than 16 running backs on the roster, Mike.

A few other gems.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information