No announcement yet.

Aaron Curry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigh... William Green was a talented player dragged down by his money grubbing family

Comment

Ashley Lelie was my fantasy football sleeper for at least 17 consecutive years.

Comment

King got one pretty damn right, haha:

"30. Atlanta. For all the holes this team has, running back didn't seem like one of them to me. T. J. Duckett in the first round? After spending gazillions on Warrick Dunn? The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing here. Where's the receiver Michael Vick so desperately needs? "
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

TJ Duckett over Ed Reed still is the worst draft moments of all time.

Comment

10. Minnesota. Bruce Coslet thinks McKinnie might be Anthony Munoz. I agree.

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
              King got one pretty damn right, haha:

"30. Atlanta. For all the holes this team has, running back didn't seem like one of them to me. T. J. Duckett in the first round? After spending gazillions on Warrick Dunn? The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing here. Where's the receiver Michael Vick so desperately needs? "
              LOL @ the fact that that WR they went out and got was Peerless Price.

Comment

Peter King was right that DeShaun Foster was a terminal fumbler and all around terrible football player. Turned out to be a decent character guy, though

The rest...well, lol

Comment

People got caught up in the tools, but he was never a guy who stood out to me when you watched Wake play. And thats basically what he is now.

AJ Hawk on the other hand was a bad ass, disappointed in him.

Comment

Originally posted by wordofi View Post
                    What ever happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be the safest pick in the '09 draft?
                    He's a 4-3 LOLB. You're not going to hear anything about him unless he plays horribly, which he hasn't. It's a thankless position.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                      People got caught up in the tools, but he was never a guy who stood out to me when you watched Wake play. And thats basically what he is now.

AJ Hawk on the other hand was a bad ass, disappointed in him.
                      Wait. What? The guy was dominant for the Demon Deacons. Extremely productive player.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                        He's a 4-3 LOLB. You're not going to hear anything about him unless he plays horribly, which he hasn't. It's a thankless position.
                        Brian Cushing.

Comment

You don't take an all around solid football player at pick #4.

Curry was a good value late in the first, but should never have been a top 5 pick. BuddyCHRIST was right, if you watched WF games, the only time you saw Aaron Curry is if you were actively looking for him. He wasn't a 'special' player in the ACC.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                            You don't take an all around solid football player at pick #4.

Curry was a good value late in the first, but should never have been a top 5 pick. BuddyCHRIST was right, if you watched WF games, the only time you saw Aaron Curry is if you were actively looking for him. He wasn't a 'special' player in the ACC.
                            The guy was a missile on the football field constantly making plays.

The idea that he wasn't special is revisionist history at best and just plain ignorant at worst.

He was a top prospect all season long... the eye popping performance at the combine only served to solidify that status.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              The guy was a missile on the football field constantly making plays.

The idea that he wasn't special is revisionist history at best and just plain ignorant at worst.

He was a top prospect all season long... the eye popping performance at the combine only served to solidify that status.
                              I said it the entire season, I saw Wake play alot and he never stood out to me. I thought he was a solid 1st round pick and would be a nice player. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but your telling me I'm lying, and I'm not. Part of it might be how many great players were on that Wake defense.

Comment

Yeah, let's not revise history. Aaron Curry was a dominant college linebacker who made tons of splash plays.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information