Aaron Curry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    Yes, it's hindsight, but it's also a valuable lesson for teams that might pass up a chance at a top QB prospect. There's been this perception in recent years that QBs are so risky compared to other 'safer' positions.
    MY grade of Sanchez was late 1st, early 2nd and was a benifactor of a good situation. Curry was an elite LB prospect. I wouldn't have defined and still don't define Sanchez as a franchise changing QB which you build a team around.
    Originally posted by njx9
    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
      MY grade of Sanchez was late 1st, early 2nd and was a benifactor of a good situation. Curry was an elite LB prospect. I wouldn't have defined and still don't define Sanchez as a franchise changing QB which you build a team around.
      I'm with you on this one as far as Sanchez being some sort of star QB in the making. If we really want to second guess that draft for Seattle they could have easily traded down and drafted a Clay Matthews later in the 1st round. Not sure Clay's as suited for a 4-3 olb but he can get to the QB better than Curry.

Comment

Qbs like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady don't grow on trees. Sanchez is a better QB to build around than what many other teams have.

I'm gonna steal a line from Scoot Van Pelt: QBs are kinda like prom dates: everyone wants to go to the prom with the prettiest girl in school, but that doesn't mean it's bad to go with another girl who isn't quite as pretty. If you're only happy with having the rare Manning level QB, you're going to spend a lot of time not being happy.

Comment

Qbs like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady don't grow on trees. Sanchez is a better QB to build around than what many other teams have.

I'm gonna steal a line from Scoot Van Pelt: QBs are kinda like prom dates: everyone wants to go to the prom with the prettiest girl in school, but that doesn't mean it's bad to go with another girl who isn't quite as pretty. If you're only happy with having the rare Manning level QB, you're going to spend a lot of time not being happy.
          Seahawks have a guy who still starts for them, I wouldn't have drafted a Qb with the 3rd overall pick or whatever unless it was a Peyton Manning. I wouldn't spend the 3rd overall pick on a guy who's ceiling I feel may be that of a Hasselbeck. It's all hindsight like I said, just like saying if it was the Browns that drafted Sanchez he may never have been on the cover of GQ or started a game in the NFL.
          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

There hasn't been a prospect on Peyton's level since Peyton. Waiting on a prospect like that is a big reason why teams like Buffalo and Cleveland are where they are right now.

Comment

There hasn't been a prospect on Peyton's level since Peyton. Waiting on a prospect like that is a big reason why teams like Buffalo and Cleveland are where they are right now.
              It has nothing to do with the teams its about the perception of Sanchez. Some teams didn't have rated as high as one team, the Jets. Thats all it takes and he was the benifactor of the situation. If Buffalo feels that Luck or Locker are not that franchise qb, do they take him? Remember, our opinions don't matter and neither does Mel Kipers

Comment

It's not hindsight at all.

I was adamant about wanting Crabtree or Sanchez at #4 well before that draft...
                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

4-27-2009

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33334

The Best Draft-Day Move I've Ever Seen
                  Jets moving up from 17 to 5 to land Mark Sanchez. In a weak draft, the Jets somehow pulled off the 12-spot jump-heist in order to secure the guy who most believe will be a franchise QB. It doesn't get much better than that. Actually, it does. They kept their 2010 first and gave up in my estimation FOUR backup players to move up 12 spots (Coleman technically is a starter but come on, Elam, Ratliff lol, and the second round pick which the Jets would have used on a ho-hum rookie WR or fringe 2nd round 5-tech prospect).
                  and

As for Curry, I like the kid but he's got to be a pro bowler from the getgo in order for me to buy them passing on a possible (probable) star WR and possible franchise QB for him. Hopefully I'll look back on it and be happy that I was wrong, but I think this conservative draft marks the beginning of the end for GM Tim Ruskell.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

There's been Matt Stafford.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                      It's not hindsight at all.

I was adamant about wanting Crabtree or Sanchez at #4 well before that draft...
                      I'll back gpngc up here on this one. He never wanted Curry and was never happy about the Curry pick.

Comment

Figured I'd post this here instead of making a new thread.

Browns Linebacker Eric Barton and Aaron Curry are brothers, and they met in person for the first time on Saturday.

http://blog.seahawks.com/
                        Linebacker Aaron Curry went to dinner with his brother, Eric. A brother he met for the first time that evening, because his mother had given him up for adoption. A brother who just happens to play linebacker for the Cleveland Brown – Eric Barton.

Pretty crazy. They share the same mother and father, but were raised by different parents, yet both of them still became NFL linebackers.
                        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post

Browns Linebacker Eric Barton and Aaron Curry are brothers, and they met in person for the first time on Saturday.

Pretty crazy. They share the same mother and father, but were raised by different parents, yet both of them still became NFL linebackers.
                          That's awesome. I can totally see the resemblance too.

I mean, you can tell Barton is the older one (by around 9 years), but still.
                          Last edited by TitanHope; 11-01-2010, 09:36 AM.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                            It doesn't matter how elite of a prospect Curry was - you simply don't take a LINEBACKER over a quarterback in the top 5. You just don't. Even if Curry were to become the best linebacker in football, he doesn't even come close to doing what even a merely above-average quarterback like Sanchez can do for your franchise.

QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other position in football, ESPECIALLY linebacker

Any general manager who picks a non-QB with a top 5 pick when the team is lacking a future franchise QB on the roster deserves to be fired. You simply DON'T WIN in the modern NFL without an above-average quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post

Unreal story, should be a movie!

They should bronze that woman's uterus!!!

Comment

The problem with that analogy is that you can show up to the prom without a date and end up leaving with one of the prettier girls in school if you play your cards right...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information