Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Harrison blames NFL for "my least productive game"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oductive-game/

There are 2 things that stand out to me about this...

1. He's still crying

2. He's admitting he's not talented enough to adjust to the rule (which was already on the books) and he can't play unless he's going after people's heads

Scoring was WAAAAY high this past week. Heck... Even the Raiders put up 59 points.

Comment

Pssh if you think that your clearly overreacting.......ha

Originally posted by WMD
      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
      Originally posted by gpngc
      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Scoring was WAAAAY high this past week. Heck... Even the Raiders put up 59 points.
        Anomaly.
        Not to mention defenses seemed to throw up a lot of points too.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          A record was set for the most INTs for TDs in 1 week was set this past week, so...

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            A record was set for the most INTs for TDs in 1 week was set this past week, so...
            Raiders scored 59 points with Jason Campbell at QB so i think the new rules had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
              Raiders scored 59 points with Jason Campbell at QB so i think the new rules had something to do with it.
              Except, Jason Campbell only accounted for 12 of those points.

Comment

Wow, I officially loathe Harrison now. What a baby.

Also . . . lol at anyone using the Broncos poor tackling as evidence that the league's stance caused more scoring. They couldn't tackle prior to the "no illegal hits" push.

BTW - it's not a "new rule" - it's simply the league making the point clear that illegal hits will now draw massive fines & suspensions in order to eradicate them. Crybabies like Harrison can screw. There's no need for intentionally taking a guy's head off.
                Last edited by FlyingElvis; 10-28-2010, 01:54 PM. Reason: spleling isseus

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by Complex View Post
                  So the Raiders scored 59 points because the Broncos couldn't decapitate them. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                    So the Raiders scored 59 points because the Broncos couldn't decapitate them. Got it.
                    Knock enough fast guys out of the game and eventually you only have to stop slow fullback sized ball carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                      Wow, I officially loathe Harrison now. What a baby.

Also . . . lol at anyone using the Broncos poor tackling as evidence that the league's stance cause more scoring. They couldn't tackle prior to the "no illegal hits" push.

BTW - it's not a "new rule" - it's simply the leauge making the point clear that illegal hits will now draw massive fines & suspensions in order to eradicate them. Crybabies like Harrison can screw. There's no need for intentionally taking a guy's head off.
                      Legit question:

The downfield contact on WR's rule wasnt new, it was also the league just reinforcing what was already on the books. But people always cut into Polian for that. Why should this be any different?

Idk how to explain what im thinking right now, but i feel like patriots fans usually get all pissy at Polian cause he pushed for that to be enforced so that harrison could finally get free from Law when they played. I feel like its just hypocritical of people idk.

And i like james harrison but he needs to shut the hell up and just crush people legally now. you dont need to lead with your head to wreck some dude, just use good form or if youre like 99% of the league and dont know how to do that then just throw a shoulder into his chest with a head of steam.
                      Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                      Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

I don't think he's "Admitting he isn't talented enough" but when you play with reckless abandon, it's hard to be effective when you have to think about where you are going to hit a guy, and process "oh, I need to go low or get fined here"
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
                          Legit question:

The downfield contact on WR's rule wasnt new, it was also the league just reinforcing what was already on the books. But people always cut into Polian for that. Why should this be any different?

Idk how to explain what im thinking right now, but i feel like patriots fans usually get all pissy at Polian cause he pushed for that to be enforced so that harrison could finally get free from Law when they played. I feel like its just hypocritical of people idk.

And i like james harrison but he needs to shut the hell up and just crush people legally now. you dont need to lead with your head to wreck some dude, just use good form or if youre like 99% of the league and dont know how to do that then just throw a shoulder into his chest with a head of steam.
                          I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, as I think you're confusing two different issues. Polian pushed for the complete lack of contact on receivers. No hand-checking, bumping, etc. That was/is a PI issue rather than a helmet-to-helmet / defensless receiver issue, and those "Colts" rules were enacted a few years prior to the helmet-to-helmet / defenseless WR rules, iirc.
                          Last edited by FlyingElvis; 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            I don't think he's "Admitting he isn't talented enough" but when you play with reckless abandon, it's hard to be effective when you have to think about where you are going to hit a guy, and process "oh, I need to go low or get fined here"
                            You don't need idiots like that in the league anyway. When people start playing carelessly, players get hurt. **** this guy if he can't play with skill and instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                              You don't need idiots like that in the league anyway. When people start playing carelessly, players get hurt. **** this guy if he can't play with skill and instinct.
                              I agree.

He'll eventually s t f u and play clean, I think. At some point he'll have to recognize there's a difference between lighting a guy up legally and lunging upward w/helmet & forearms at a guy's head. I'm sure when he does it will not be as vocal and obnoxious as his current nonsense, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information