No announcement yet.

Raheem Morris

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Raheem's team is 4-2 so far this season with big wins vs Cleveland, St.Louis, Carolina and Cincinnati and blowout losses to New Orleans and Pittsburgh. He's above criticism and Herm Edwards is not, despite the fact that Morris is 7-15 overall and Edwards actually has playoff wins on his resume.

Comment

Herm Edwards had great talent and was constantly fired. He was not a good head coach at all. His clock management was beyond atrocious, especially for the Jets.

Morris has coached a young, mediocre talented team for two years and regardless of what happened last year or all the "bad" teams they beat (no win in the NFL should be taken lightly), has his squad at 4-2 and right in the thick of things.

Herm Edwards was a below-average head coach. Morris on the other hand, has been nothing but impressive overall - hence experiencing similar quotes in different ways.
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
        Oh way to be nitpicky haha.
        I should have said compared to other sports. But I dont really believe football can be analyzed very effectively with statistics.
        I don't think it's nit picky. You should be glad you have the context to correct something that is inordinately stupid.

"Football is not a game of statistics at all. We should all know that"

I mean come on man, if someone is 6'6 runs a 4.3 forty and has a 50 inch vertical does it mean he will be the greatest wr ever? No, but it indicates that he's big, fast and can jump high - those are all traits and tools many great receivers have in common. Stats are a sliver fact... a small indicator that goes one way or the other in a slew of abstactions "he's a gamer" "just wins" "he's got all the intangibles" etc

Should they be the gospel? NO. But i think we can all agree that it's equally as stupid to make stats out to be some kind of pariah.
        Last edited by McBain; 10-29-2010, 01:31 PM.

Comment

^I mean fine but the stats Morris is referring to are rushing yards per game and passing yards per game.

Two stats that clearly are for losers - look at the Chargers with the #1 defense and #1 offense.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Raheem Morris is a joke of a HC.
            He's drunk with recent success, haha.

If not drafting in the top 3-4 next April is recent success.

Comment

Tampa Bay's remaining schedule:

@ Arizona
              @ Atlanta
              V. Carolina
              @ San Fran
              @ Baltimore
              V. Atlanta
              @ Washington
              V. Detroit
              V. Seattle
              @ New Orleans

The bolded games should be losses. The rest are all games the Buccs can win. 6-4 through that stretch and they're a 10 team win with a shot at the playoffs in a weak NFC.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                ^I mean fine but the stats Morris is referring to are rushing yards per game and passing yards per game.

Two stats that clearly are for losers - look at the Chargers with the #1 defense and #1 offense.
                I'm going to go ahead an assume '^' means you're talking to me.

I think Morris is simply using rhetoric to get his team fired up.

Stats are an indicator... they're not perfect, you have to understand the context of stats in order to place any value on them.

Is throwing 56 touchdown impressive? Yeah, but what if the qb is play d-3 ball in a gimmiky offense?

Ken Dorsey was a 'winner' but he's not the starting Qb for the bucs is he?
                Last edited by McBain; 10-29-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Who would win in a fight? Raheem Morris v. Todd Haley
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                    Why do we have to give him "props" for this? It is refreshing to sometimes hear an honest coach in a league where they train their personnel to say nothing, but at the same time he basically insulted 90% of his fan base. I'm not mad or anything but this isn't anything besides a young coach trying to be bold.
                    Give him props for not sugar coating every single comment he makes to the media. The league can sometimes be lacking in honesty and it is refreshing every once and a while to hear someone say something that they believe. I don't know how he insulted 90% of his fan base with his comment. If anything it has endeared him further to Bucs fans.

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                        Tampa Bay's remaining schedule:

@ Arizona
                        @ Atlanta
                        V. Carolina
                        @ San Fran
                        @ Baltimore
                        V. Atlanta
                        @ Washington
                        V. Detroit
                        V. Seattle
                        @ New Orleans

The bolded games should be losses. The rest are all games the Buccs can win. 6-4 through that stretch and they're a 10 team win with a shot at the playoffs in a weak NFC.
                        I like you.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

The next Mike Tomlin.. Both young, NFL HC's, and ummmmmmmm, black
                          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by katnip View Post
                            The next Mike Tomlin.. Both young, NFL HC's, and ummmmmmmm, black
                            AND both were the Bucs secondary coach before becoming NFL Head Coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                              AND both were the Bucs secondary coach before becoming NFL Head Coaches.
                              the Ronde Barber coaching tree!

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                                Ditka, definitely Ditka.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information