Aaron Maybin: Worst player in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    Everyone's eyebrows were raised when they took him, especially with Orakpo staring them in the face.

That GM got the knife with Jauron too, right?
    We didn't have a GM, per se.
    We had more of a 3-headed monster, which consisted of our marketing director, Russ Brandon, scouting director, Tom Modrak, and someone else I'm currently forgetting.

But yeah, the Bills didn't have a GM at this point in time, and fans are still wondering who made the decisions on draft day.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

CC Brown has to be up there on that list if not # 1.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
        We didn't raise our eyebrows, we just hung our heads. There was heavy talk of us taking Maybin before the draft, we were all just praying it wouldn't happen.
        I hung my head, then had a fit a 2 year old would be proud of... I didnt believe the rumors and whispers before the draft because they sounded obsurd, although draft day my prayers were that "it wouldn't happen"...

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I hated him coming out.
        He was a super fast DE but was only 230 lbs.
        Then he gets up to 250 lbs for the combine, which is still too light, and runs slow as hell.
        So he was basically fast when he was ridiculously undersized, then when he put on weight, he was slow.
        Yet he was still drafted high? I thought he wouldve fell to the 3rd round at earliest after that. Plus he was raw. I just never saw what everyone else saw.
        Pretty much, a spot on assessment of what actually happened leading up to the draft, I didnt see it either, although I did think he would go at the end of the 1st myself, just based on the potential. The adding weight and slowing down made him useless before the draft, which leads me to this...

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
        We didn't have a GM, per se.
        We had more of a 3-headed monster, which consisted of our marketing director, Russ Brandon, scouting director, Tom Modrak, and someone else I'm currently forgetting.
        But yeah, the Bills didn't have a GM at this point in time, and fans are still wondering who made the decisions on draft day.
        Brandon is thankfully a full time marketing/administration type now (and a good one), why he touched the personel side of this franchise is beyond reason... Tom Modrak, rumor has it wanted to take Cushing and was over ruled somehow (word on the street, in print, on the air waves and on that intranet thing) by DICK JAURON (might be the guy being forgotten... with good cause). If my memory serves me, Jauron was the one who made the major push for Maybin, and said that was what he needed to make "his" 4-3 defense work. Modrak however has been involved in the drafting process for the Bills for the last decade (not a good one from the draft side) and is still with the team... How he was not fired after drafting Maybin is also mystifying... Really how anyone in the scouting department is around to this day is... There are no words... Orakpo was the obvious choice at that point by 31 other teams and 99% of draftniks with a clue. It pains me to watch him in Washington every sunday... Oher would have also worked at the time...
        Last edited by Poz51; 10-29-2010, 08:25 AM.
        "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

Maybin isn't the worst player in the NFL. Heck, at this point, he is ahead of Vernon Gholston in terms of development IMO. The problem with Maybin was that he was a one trick pony. AMAZING first step, but not much past that. Created tape and stats that fooled people.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

If anything, he's the sixth-worst. After all, the Bears have five guys on their O line.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
              Maybin isn't the worst player in the NFL. Heck, at this point, he is ahead of Vernon Gholston in terms of development IMO. The problem with Maybin was that he was a one trick pony. AMAZING first step, but not much past that. Created tape and stats that fooled people.
              Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              Is Maybin a starter? Because worst player overall is tougher, lots of scrubs that get only a few plays per season. The worst starter is Nate Kaeding and it's not close.

No Maybin has not started a game his whole career. Whenever he would come in for a few plays, teams would run directly at him and pick up solid yardage. Right now he can't even cut it on special teams which is why he was deactivated for the last game, and will continue to be deactivated. He got beat out by an undrafted free agent.

When he came into the league, he rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way with his lack of production, and then whenever he would make a assist to a tackle (since he never made solo tackles) he we jump around like he won the superbowl. An immature guy that makes it painful to watch when he's on the field.

Comment

hes got a vicious first step...no one has ever accused him of not being explosive. its a shame it sucks though.

picked over orakpo and oher....shame lol, i had maybin going to the browns in the second round
                E]

Comment

I just remember being so happy when the Bills took him and then Denver passed on Orakpo. Thanks Bills.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Who's the better player, Aaron Maybin or Maurice Evans? I see it as a toss-up, not sure who I prefer.

Comment

I hated Maybin.

To be fair though, my favorite DE/OLB of the class was Everette Brown.

Comment

The worst player in the NFL..according to madden

Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

I gotta go with David Carr myself. How that guy is even a backup is beyond me.

Comment

Maybin isn't the worst player in the NFL.
                            No he isn't, jury is still out.

Bobby Carpenter who's out of fb now I think as far as defensive players who were playing this yr would be my nominee.

Comment

I was going to say Frank Walker but he actually played really well last week, well at least compared to Chris Cook :(

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                                hes got a vicious first step...no one has ever accused him of not being explosive. its a shame it sucks though.

picked over orakpo and oher....shame lol, i had maybin going to the browns in the second round

His first step since getting to the NFL has been terrible.
                                In the few instances he gets on the field, he is the last one off the ball.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information