Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the the head scout wanted Cushing, Dicky wanted Maybin....ooopppsss

Comment

He was a terrible reach where he was picked, selected ahead of guys like Orakpo, Cushing and Matthews......

This my friends is what kills certain franchises. Constant poor decisions like this. The year Maybin was in the draft, I never once mocked him in the 1st round. He was raw, grossly undersized to be even a 3-4 OLB (I read that he was playing around 220 pounds at PSU...)

I laughed at the pick when it was made, and Maybin has done nothing but prove me and the other doubters right. He's Vernon Gholston-Lite at this point.

Worst player in the league? Nah....Todd Collins still had a job.

Comment

I don't understand high picks for pass rushers unless they are absolutely dominant at what they do. Maybin had a nice first step, but he was clearly lacking some hugely important tools, and he didn't have any sort of all around game as a LB to make it up if he was struggling getting to the QB.

Maybin was really fast at one point, and he was 250 pounds at one point. Those two never coincided, which was why it was even more hilarious.

It would be like Chris Johnson running a 4.24 at the combine, then bulking up to 225 for his pro day and everyone saying "He's 225 and runs a 4.24!!!!"

But yea, 3-4 OLBs better be a ridiculous pass rusher if he's going to be lacking in every other area.
        Last edited by Saints-Tigers; 10-29-2010, 03:36 PM.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Maybin showing up at 250 showed that his frame could support the extra weight, but he was never asked to demonstrate his explosiveness at that weight, like Saints-Tigers said. Its kind of funny, because the Bills got screwed by assuming he would be as fast at 250 as he was at 220 at Penn State. I think everyone knew he was going to flounder, and it's just further reassurance that there are times when I would rather trust certain members of this board with the future of an NFL franchise then the jackasses that run some of them now.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Pro sports front offices show me year in and year out that holding a job there is a lot more about who you know as opposed to what you know.

There are literally draft choices every single year that almost all of the guys that are fairly versed in this field can look at and say "that's a waste" and they are correct.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes there are perceived reaches where we all get proved wrong(Tyson Alualu recently?) but I bet a lot of guys here would have a better hit/miss ratio than a good bit of GMs, and that's kind of sad, given how much info they receive.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I'd nominate Alex Barron for the offensive line. Him or Loadofshit I mean Loadholt.

Comment

Forget Orakpo, it's not like they didn't really need a LT and Oher made a ton of sense. Much more important position, and all the other LT's were gone at that point. They missed out on a ton of great players with that pick, and that's probably why they are still winless and the team with the least amount of talent on it right now.

At least they got to get excited about TO briefly :-/

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                  CC Brown has to be up there on that list if not # 1.
                  He hasn't been all that bad for the Lions this year.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Maybin showing up at 250 showed that his frame could support the extra weight, but he was never asked to demonstrate his explosiveness at that weight, like Saints-Tigers said. Its kind of funny, because the Bills got screwed by assuming he would be as fast at 250 as he was at 220 at Penn State. I think everyone knew he was going to flounder, and it's just further reassurance that there are times when I would rather trust certain members of this board with the future of an NFL franchise then the jackasses that run some of them now.
                    Sounds like Manny Lawson. He's turning into a solid starter only now.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

Bobby Carpenter who's out of fb now I think as far as defensive players who were playing this yr would be my nominee.
                      Didnt the Lions sign him?

what kills me about Carpenter is that he is sometimes a football anal-lyst on espn's 1st and 10. And he talks all cocky like he knows something. It makes me lol.

Comment

Still too early in my book to write off Maybin as a pro. He's in his 2nd(!!) year with the Bills, and is barely 22 yrsold.
                        That weight he put on before the draft was bulk, not core strength - bet he still couldn't bench 325# at 250lbs.
                        If Maybin can actually become stronger and learn pass rush technique, he might pan out.
                        He smells bust-y, though. But it would be an even worse mistake for the Bills to junk Maybin at this point, instead of doubling down and working to develop the guy into a starter.
                        In college his quickness was sick, but again, most WRs would look like they had a nasty first step if you had them rushing off the edge, which doesn't make them DEs or OLBs.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Is Maybin a starter? Because worst player overall is tougher, lots of scrubs that get only a few plays per season. The worst starter is Nate Kaeding and it's not close.
                          Dude the game against the seahawks when he had 2 open shots at Leon on the housed kicks... Just embarrasing. He looked like a little girl out there trying to make a tackle with just his arms outstreached.

Your a grown ******* man, put your shoulder into it.

Comment

Jauron just wanted to oil this bad boy up and get busy.

Comment

has anybody ever heard of a
                              guy named stephon heyer
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                                I remember a lot of experts thinking Maybin was going to be a stud.
                                Yeah, but most of us on this site were somehow right about him. I recall most of us laughing our asses off at that pick. Personally, I thought someone would take him in the second round and that they'd be reaching. The guy had the body of a stacked safety.

The Buffalo Bills: one of many teams too stupid to take Michael Oher.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information