No announcement yet.

Vincent Jackson finally shows up to work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he is in my fantasy team...score for the playoff run.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      No, you're wrong. He is an idiot and has no one to blame but himself for what happened. When you have two DUIs and one other violation from a year suspension, you don't get to be picky and whiney about your contract. Especially when almost every other RFA signed their tender.
      I think you're wrong because there were teams that were trying to trade for him, knowing that he wants a fat extension. So obviously he has value, outside of the chargers, that is higher than whatever AJ is willing to give.
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        yup...never said he didn't. Although I will say that it is pretty obvious that AJ is shooting himself in the foot right now, given the Chargers turrible start.
        Except that I would argue that only the Pats and maybe the Rams game was where Jackson was missed. He was suspended in the first three games of the season for the DUI, so the KC and Seattle loss was going to happen regardless. We totally lit up the Raiders through the air, and it was really Sproles bad pass blocking on that one critical play that cost us that game, otherwise we would have at least kicked the field goal for the win.

I would also like to point out that I agree with AJ's hard stance when it comes to holdouts. Otherwise you have situations like the one with the Jets and Revis where the latter gets a big contract, and then a few days later tells Peter King that he was essentially going to do the same thing again in two years. AJ's hardline negotiation helps make sure issues like holdouts do not constantly happen.

Look at the Gates situation in 2005 versus the one in 2010. Gates learned the hard way that he can't hold out against AJ from 2005, and thus approached it different in 2010. He was then awarded with a huge contract in 2010 because he played it right.
        Last edited by Xenos; 10-30-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
          I think you're wrong because there were teams that were trying to trade for him, knowing that he wants a fat extension. So obviously he has value, outside of the chargers, that is higher than whatever AJ is willing to give.
          There were teams that wanted to trade for him, but you can't just trade a guy for anything. You have to get equal value for him otherwise it's better to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            There were teams that wanted to trade for him, but you can't just trade a guy for anything. You have to get equal value for him otherwise it's better to keep him.
            It wasn't "anything." They had offers of second round picks.

2nd round pick > 6 games (if you're lucky and he doesn't decide to come down with a "sore hamstring") of a pissed off and unmotivated player who hasn't worked out with the team in like 9 months.

How is it better to keep him? He's going to delete all of the Chargers management numbers from his cell phone the second the last game of the year ends. AJ burned that bridge. Jackson is angry as hell and has every right to be.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Or he pulls a Mike Mckenzie and comes down with "hamstring tightness" for six weeks.
              the ol' Anquan Boldin

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                the ol' Anquan Boldin
                Funny, he doesn't pull that stuff once he goes to a good team :D

Im just kidding, I just think its funny how you hate on Boldin even though he's been stellar for the Ravens this season. But I guess he did miss alot of time as a Card.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

No offense to Fenikz but that's sort of his thing. Once they leave his team he always bashes them or says they weren't as good as you thought.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                    It wasn't "anything." They had offers of second round picks.

2nd round pick > 6 games (if you're lucky and he doesn't decide to come down with a "sore hamstring") of a pissed off and unmotivated player who hasn't worked out with the team in like 9 months.

How is it better to keep him? He's going to delete all of the Chargers management numbers from his cell phone the second the last game of the year ends. AJ burned that bridge. Jackson is angry as hell and has every right to be.
                    It was all about his Smith's ego, he had to show he's the boss.

The Pats traded Moss they as for a 3rd so they wouldn't lose him for nothing. In the Pats case they had him for the full season, where the Charges get him when their season is nearly sunk.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Or he pulls a Mike Mckenzie and comes down with "hamstring tightness" for six weeks.
                      I was going to say this same thing but instead of Mike McKenzie I was going to put Darrelle Revis.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                        Fortunately, a 3rd round pick < 13 games of a pissed off and unmotivated player who hasn't shown effort in 2 years.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                          It was all about his Smith's ego, he had to show he's the boss.

The Pats traded Moss they as for a 3rd so they wouldn't lose him for nothing. In the Pats case they had him for the full season, where the Charges get him when their season is nearly sunk.
                          And in this case, it was the right thing to do. You have to set an example otherwise you have other players thinking they can pull the same stunt later down the line.

The Chargers can still get a third round comp the following year for VJ's services. And in the end, he might be more important to have this year than a draft pick.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                            Fortunately, a 3rd round pick < 13 games of a pissed off and unmotivated player who hasn't shown effort in 2 years.
                            Losing Moss this year will hurt their Superbowl chances IMO. Without Moss, SD had no problems containing Brady and Welker for the most part.

Comment

I don't know do you guys really think he made that big a difference for this team? I think it was moreso Marcus McNeil.

I mean, Malcolm Floyd took his spot and played very admirably until his hammy injury. Plus, Antonio Gates was just beasting it. The run game was, say the least, disappointing.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Son, I am disappoint.

This guy went exactly 2 plays with no targets before citing a calf strain and leaving the game.

This guy is just determined to look as absolutely stupid as possible. I don't even want to hear the 'sometimes guys get injured after being out for a while' excuse because he's been practicing with the team for a month.

This is a pretty clear case of a whiny player quitting on the team because he didn't get his way and it makes me a little nauseous.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information