Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincent Jackson finally shows up to work

Vincent Jackson finally shows up to work

"I'm happy Vincent is here," said General Manager A.J. Smith in a statement. "I have no doubt he will go to work, work hard and quickly get into game-shape. Once he starts playing in games, I don't think it will take him long for him to be a contributor and help us."

Jackson said that he "missed football more than you can imagine. Right now I'm just looking forward to being able to practice and get back on the field. My only concern is doing whatever I can to contribute and help the team win. The future will take care of itself."

Now if he had that attitude from the starts, the Chargers might not be 2-5 and he might not have cost himself some serious cash on the FA market.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Now if he had that attitude from the starts, the Chargers might not be 2-5 and he might not have cost himself some serious cash on the FA market.
      Or he could have torn his ACL and cost himself waaaaay more cash on the FA market

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        Or he could have torn his ACL and cost himself waaaaay more cash on the FA market
        So I guess no one on a contract year should ever play?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          So I guess no one on a contract year should ever play?
          The decision is different for every player.Also, his situation was different because of the whole CBA thing(I believe)

Comment

The decision is different for every player.Also, his situation was different because of the whole CBA thing(I believe)
            And the whole DUI thing, he would have got fat paid had it not been for that.

Comment

The chargers GM is an asshole, Schottenheimer left because he hated him, ****, everyone in the organization hates him. VJax isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's not exactly without reason here.

Comment

AJ Smith was the guy who drafted Jackson after he was passed on 60 times.

Comment

I wonder what type of shape he'll show up in. You just can't assume he has been busting his ass the entire time because it's not like he was practicing or anything. There is a really good chance he injures himself the moment he shows up, or his performance suffers terribly once he gets to play.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    I wonder what type of shape he'll show up in. You just can't assume he has been busting his ass the entire time because it's not like he was practicing or anything. There is a really good chance he injures himself the moment he shows up, or his performance suffers terribly once he gets to play.
                    Or he pulls a Mike Mckenzie and comes down with "hamstring tightness" for six weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                      The chargers GM is an asshole, Schottenheimer left because he hated him, ****, everyone in the organization hates him. VJax isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but he's not exactly without reason here.
                      No, you're wrong. He is an idiot and has no one to blame but himself for what happened. When you have two DUIs and one other violation from a year suspension, you don't get to be picky and whiney about your contract. Especially when almost every other RFA signed their tender.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        No, you're wrong. He is an idiot and has no one to blame but himself for what happened. When you have two DUIs and one other violation from a year suspension, you don't get to be picky and whiney about your contract. Especially when almost every other RFA signed their tender.
                        Of course you have a choice. THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Comment

He's ready to get credit for playing a full year.

Comment

Of course you have a choice. THIS IS AMERICA!!!
                            And AJ Smith has the choice to not pay him what he wants and continue owning his rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                              And AJ Smith has the choice to not pay him what he wants and continue owning his rights.
                              yup...never said he didn't. Although I will say that it is pretty obvious that AJ is shooting himself in the foot right now, given the Chargers turrible start.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information