No announcement yet.

Donovan in D.C. is not Done, $78 million dollar extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think McNabb has any issue with the terminology or running a 2 minute offense. However, in his career, he has struggled with time management (looking more and more like it was McNabb and not Reid). He had played a pretty bad game due to poor OLine play, only 1 healthy RB, and his own issues with mechanics (which are another McNabb hallmark). Shanahan was pissed about the offensive execution, so he did what he could to get a spark. That day, he had lost patience and faith in McNabb to get the job done. He gambled on Grossman and looked like a moron. Give them 2 weeks to recover, and we'll see what's happening.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Everyone is overreacting. This was a motivational tool.

And it's also a message to his team: if you don't prepare and play the way you should, your job isn't safe. Not even if you're Donovann McNabb.

Shanny is in this for the long haul, he's trying to build an identiy with the team.

Comment

Well, let's put some blame on Shanahan in this situation. Lichtensteiger is a mess, and they won't even let Derrick Dockery on the field. Rabach is pretty much done, and they brought in no real challenge to him in the preseason. Trent Williams and Jamaal Brown are dinged up, and they prob won't be 100% the rest of the way. Shanny dressed only Keiland Williams and Torrain today. That is a roster mistake.

Flat out, Detroit outschemed the Skins in the Defense vs. Offense. The Skins D got gouged for big yardage quite a bit. The Skins got no pressure on Stafford. Give any QB enough time, and he can find Megatron for huge gains.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

For better or worse, Shanahan is an arrogant son of a *****. That's what this proves.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

All coaches have a level of arrogance. It is necessary to lead these players. If the coach isn't fully engaged and believing what he is preaching, the entire scheme and chain of command will fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              For better or worse, Shanahan is an arrogant son of a *****. That's what this proves.
              That was proven with the Maurice Clarett pick.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Yeah Shanny got outcoached. And he's an arrogant tool. But hey Washington, you make your bed, you sleep in it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Yeah Shanny got outcoached. And he's an arrogant tool. But hey Washington, you make your bed, you sleep in it.
                  I still think Shanahan + Allen putting together some institutional control for the Skins is better than the Vinny + coach X + Snyder regime. Long term, they have a better chance to have sustained success than if they kept with the same approach. The local fans and media are killing Shanny today. The top sports talk morning show dubbed him "Shanazorn"...

Comment

Shanny's far from perfect. But vs all the redskins coaches in the last decade (including Joe Gibbs 2.0) he's by far the best.

Comment

You can't say that he's the best until he finishes a year. I would argue that Marty Schottenheimer had the personnel to really kick ass with Stephen Davis and the power running game (finishing 6-2) before Snyder fired him because he wanted control back. Martyball with that lineup scared me. Snyder fired him, hired Spurrier, and the rest is history.

Comment

Yeah Marty was their best coach of the past decade. But I agree with bsaza that the Shanny regime will ultimately succeed in the future.

The bottomline is that you can't build Rome in a day. Especially when you have no draft picks.

This is going to be a 3 year process.

Comment

I take Shanahan and his SB victories over Marty and his not. He's a good coach... but, it's hard for me to speak to candidly on his short career with the redskins since i was fairly young and it was so brief.

So let me revise, Shanahan is the best coach i've watched with my adult critical thinking skills.

Comment

Shanahan has 1 playoff victory since Elway retired. Gibbs took the Skins to the playoffs in 2 of 4 seasons. Hard for me to say that Shanahan is already a better coach for the Skins than Gibbs was the second time around. I might be a better coach than Spurrier or Zorn... lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Yeah Marty was their best coach of the past decade. But I agree with bsaza that the Shanny regime will ultimately succeed in the future.

The bottomline is that you can't build Rome in a day. Especially when you have no draft picks.

This is going to be a 3 year process.
                              Which begs the question: If it's a 3 year process, why give up a premium draft pick (could have been a LB or DL who fit the 3-4 scheme or Jimmy Claussen as a future block) plus a future pick to get McNabb? If they're rebuilding, rebuild. Don't try to half win now and half rebuild...

Comment

This definitely has the look of a stupid move by Shanny. We'll see, but I fail to see how this can really compare to the benching last year by Reid since Philly had much better personnel across the board - especially Kolb at QB vs. Grossman.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information