Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donovan in D.C. is not Done, $78 million dollar extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by McBain View Post
    No, i like Gibbs he's a nice old man and he gave the franchise 3 superbowls in addition loads of wins. As far as 2.0 yeah he deserves credit for taking his teams to the playoff a couple time... sure, awesome, good job joe gibbs.

    Would you rather have Gibbs 2.0 or Shanahan as your coach?
    I would take Shanahan because there is much more limited owner involvement and Bruce Allen as the intermediary. However, I still say proceed with caution because Shanny's record since 1998 isn't so good that you can just sit back and be satisfied with what he has done. Next year is a big test for him. We'll see how the team evolves. Bringing back McNabb is a big step because they can't afford to restart the clock with a new QB. With the opportunities in Arizona (play with Fitz + his winter home) and Minnesota (win now + Brad Childress + Harvin/Moss?/healthy Rice/ADP), it isn't a lock that he stays.



    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

    Comment


    • #77
      We've known this was a possibility since before the season, he didn't sign an extension after the trade.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
        I would take Shanahan because there is much
        Then why all the static you gave me about Gibbs?

        Comment


        • #79
          Is this Daunte Culpepper all over again?

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by McBain View Post
            Then why all the static you gave me about Gibbs?
            I felt like you were discounting Gibbs way too much, and I respect the work that JG did while he was there. I also don't believe that you can just say he's better after 8 games. Give Shanny 2 years before you can say that he's better than Gibbs 2.0. Just a matter of perspective.



            I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

            Comment


            • #81
              Shanahan is now saying that McNabb wasn't in good enough shape to run the 2 minute drill. This is getting better and better now.
              #Chop


              sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #82
                My God Shannahan keeps getting dumber and dumber. He's acting like the 2 minute offense isn't even football. He's acting like it's something completely different. Mcnabb on an IV is more mobile that Grossman. The funny thing is how I love how the media around here isn't buying a word that rat Shanny says. Shanny is trying to paint Mcnabb as the scape goat but everyone in the media around here is slamming Shanny and defending Mcnabb. This isn't Denver Mike. Skins fans have short patience on starting QB's, but an even shorter patience with coaches. Attacking Mcnabb's conditioning is not helping Shanny's case. Donovan is like in the complete opposite situation than in Philly. Here the fans and media love him, but the coaches hate him.

                Shanny is just making excuses out of his ass. Why is he saying something today different from yesterday. Did he just remember, haha, ok. He said that he was concerned with Donovan's hamstring and conditioning prior to the game that he considered not even playing him. So I guess Donovan was in good enough shape to play the whole game, but not the last 2 minutes. Regardless of how Mcnabb did, you just don't do this. It's completely different from when Reid pulled him at halftime to send a message. Pulling a QB with a chance to win the game tells Mcnabb that Shanny really feels Grossman gives the team a better chance to win, and if he truly believes that he shouldn't be coaching.
                Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 11-01-2010, 05:52 PM.

                Sig By:The Dynasty

                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                Comment


                • #83
                  Shanny's just now figuring out what most football people have known for years: that McNabb is one of the worst crunch time quarterbacks in the history of professional football. Just look at the Indy game...down by three, solid amount of time left. I knew as soon as that drive started that the Colts already had that game wrapped up and, what do you know, game losing interception. Same thing happened in the Superbowl against New England. And over and over and over in his career.

                  I read an article this morning that the dude is, like, 3-13-1 when he has a chance to tie/win the game on the final possession. He's a terrible crunch time/third down quarterback who does his damage on first and second down in pass-heavy systems.



                  This is McNabb's career, in a nutshell.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Shanny's just now figuring out what most football people have known for years: that McNabb is one of the worst crunch time quarterbacks in the history of professional football. Just look at the Indy game...down by three, solid amount of time left. I knew as soon as that drive started that the Colts already had that game wrapped up and, what do you know, game losing interception. Same thing happened in the Superbowl against New England. And over and over and over in his career.

                    I read an article this morning that the dude is, like, 3-13-1 when he has a chance to tie/win the game on the final possession. He's a terrible crunch time/third down quarterback who does his damage on first and second down in pass-heavy systems.

                    This is McNabb's career, in a nutshell.
                    That is what it sounds like Shanny's trying to explain without having to say it.

                    BK

                    Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      That is what it sounds like Shanny's trying to explain without having to say it.
                      Exactly. He's good enough to get you beat in a big game. Nothing more, nothing less.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Cut him right now. Then he goes and signs with Minny or AZ.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          So Shanny has alienated both his best offensive and best defensive player. Do I have that right?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            im becoming less and less of a skins fan and turning all my attention to college fb. skins are killin me. with all that said i'll still end up sticking with them and go through the suck. atleast were not as bad as the cowboys! :) (dont get to say that too often)


                            RIP, Sean Taylor.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I actually like what Shannahan did in concept. He should have never done it, but my God when will people realize that McNabb is ******* worthless in the 2 minute drill.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                I actually like what Shannahan did in concept. He should have never done it, but my God when will people realize that McNabb is ******* worthless in the 2 minute drill.
                                Agreed. It's brilliant in theory, but the whole thing kinda falls apart when the guy you go to is Rex ******* Grossman.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information