No announcement yet.

Donovan in D.C. is not Done, $78 million dollar extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. By the way, why the media circled the wagons around McNabb after the Super Bowl is still beyond me. I can't believe he didn't get more criticism for that. Then again he had Terrell Owens drawing away all the fire for simply pointing out the obvious: McNabb ****** up the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Exactly. By the way, why the media circled the wagons around McNabb after the Super Bowl is still beyond me. I can't believe he didn't get more criticism for that. Then again he had Terrell Owens drawing away all the fire for simply pointing out the obvious: McNabb ****** up the Super Bowl.
      Absolutely. I still don't understand it. On one hand, you have a guy who came back from a broken leg in a month, played in the Superbowl when everyone said he couldn't, and was the best player on the field during that game with one leg. Not enough was made about the risk Owens took with that performance. He could have ruined his career with another injury.

On the other hand, your star quarterback spent the whole week partying and was too hungover to be effective during the Superbowl. He pukes before the last drive and ends up throwing a pick to lose the game.

It's like Kobe/Shaq all over again. One is the hardest worker in the game, the other a fat slob who's constantly out of shape. Both are complete dickheads, yet you only hear the side of the story from the media people.

The media is so ******* stupid. How can Owens be so despised and a guy like Favre be so universally loved when they're the same ******* person?
      Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-01-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        The media is so ******* stupid. How can Owens be so despised and a guy like Favre be so universally loved when they're the same ******* person?
        Owens is a lot more likeable.

Comment

And Owens is still amazing. He has been a fantastic addition for the Bengals this year.

Comment

Absolutely. I still don't understand it. On one hand, you have a guy who came back from a broken leg in a month, played in the Superbowl when everyone said he couldn't, and was the best player on the field during that game with one leg. Not enough was made about the risk Owens took with that performance. He could have ruined his career with another injury.

On the other hand, your star quarterback spent the whole week partying and was too hungover to be effective during the Superbowl. He pukes before the last drive and ends up throwing a pick to lose the game.

It's like Kobe/Shaq all over again. One is the hardest worker in the game, the other a fat slob who's constantly out of shape. Both are complete dickheads, yet you only hear the side of the story from the media people.

QFT.

+rep

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Ever since Rush Limbaugh's comments about the perennially mediocre Donovan McNabb, he has been untouchable from media criticism ever since. Limbaugh had a point and we've seen a QB play like a top 8-12 caliber QB year in and year out. If he had 4 or 5 years like 2004... maybe it's a bit different. He'll smile and suck up to media and everyone will praise Donovan and then wag their finger at Shanny.
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
              Originally posted by GoRavens
              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

McNabb doesn't have the "cardiovastcular endurance" for the 2 min drill... lol I love it.

Seriously are you kidding me? He can last an entire game but not 2 min. 350 pound lineman can last through 2 min drills but not McNabb??

The ****... KIDs if this teaches you anything dont eat Cambells Chunky Soup because apparently you become the chunk as it destroys your cardiovastcular endurance.

Remember kids just say NO!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                  McNabb doesn't have the "cardiovastcular endurance" for the 2 min drill... lol I love it.

Seriously are you kidding me? He can last an entire game but not 2 min. 350 pound lineman can last through 2 min drills but not McNabb??

The ****... KIDs if this teaches you anything dont eat Cambells Chunky Soup because apparently you become the chunk as it destroys your cardiovastcular endurance.

Remember kids just say NO!
                  OMG what happened between Shanny and McNabb to bring that on. That is major throwing someone under the bus. Tell us what you really think Mike.

Comment

Possibly the best football rant I've seen in a while.

Comment

• Is it not kind of ironic that the guy who replaces Shanahan in Denver chases all the "star" players away and then Shanahan is doing the same thing in Washington chasing Haynesworth and now McNabb out!

The league is becoming very anti-star players!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Everybody's saying Shanahan wanted to send McNabb a message by yanking him.

If he wanted to do that all he needed to do was point out that his contract expires in the 1st wk. of January, he's on a 1-yr. McNabb, you were never anything more than a placeholder. He will be a backup with his 3rd team next yr & he seems to be OK with it.

If Shanahan wants to be the Skins coach of the future, not Just Another Snyder Temp Employee like the 3 previous HCs & establish his identity with this team it will be without Haynesworth or McNabb. Maybe without Clinton Portis (9 yrs in the NFL) or Santana Moss (10 yrs) too, both aging & underachieving with big salaries. Snyder will have to pay them off to dump them but he hasnt seemed to lose any sleep over that lately.

As usual they don't have the standard no of draft picks so he will have to maneuver next April if he wants to go with a youth movement

Comment

• I don't see how Shanny can build a good identity with the team through lies. You want respect so you change your story from one day to the next? ummm . . . huh?

Originally posted by Job View Post
                          Owens is a lot more likeable.
                          Yeah, the fact that Favre is somehow a likable figure in the media is beyond me. The guy has always been a selfish asshat with zero admirable qualities.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Shanahan is looking as egotistical as Childress its pathetic how childish these 'professionals' are. No player comes before the team, but the coach cant let his personal agenda or feelings get in the way either. He just has to do what gives them the best chance to win, not put a player in timeout so the media knows he thinks its the qbs fault.

The reason the excuses for pulling him keep changing is because it was wrong. It didnt work out nor could he have possibly truely believed it would have worked out. ITS REX ****** ******* GROSSMAN!!! Hes always sucked. Always. He shat on Haynesworth to get a point across that no ones bigger than the team. But hes going to far to prove hes the boss and hes going to start losing respect in that locker room very fast, especially if they continue to lose.

Childress is gone at the end of the year, thats a given, but if Lizardstate is right and a lot of these older guys leave at the end of the year, they will struggle next year too and Shanahan could be out of a job then or even at the end of this year if they want a fresh start with a guy who will actually use their 100milliondollar man.
                            Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                            Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              Absolutely. I still don't understand it. On one hand, you have a guy who came back from a broken leg in a month, played in the Superbowl when everyone said he couldn't, and was the best player on the field during that game with one leg. Not enough was made about the risk Owens took with that performance. He could have ruined his career with another injury. except owens came out and threw **** at mcnabb, the second time hes thrown his qb under the bus in two years after calling garcia ***, which didnt exactly earn him any friends in the media. then he said 'it wasnt my fault it was that guys' again at mcnabb now which true or not is classless, especially in a team game. ship goes down, everyone goes down with it, no exceptions. except TO apparently

It's like Kobe/Shaq all over again. One is the hardest worker in the game, the other a fat slob who's constantly out of shape. Both are complete dickheads, yet you only hear the side of the story from the media people. except, you know, kobe cheated on his wife and was accused of rape. and everywhere shaq has gone hes won titles and been a force until he got old and somehow even lazier. and shaq is hilarious, the fat guy whos funny is always gunna be favored over the skinny guy whos a cheating possible rapist.

The media is so ******* stupid. How can Owens be so despised and a guy like Favre be so universally loved when they're the same ******* person?Simple. Favre plays the media game. Owens doesnt. Favre is universally hated among fans at this point, but the media makes it seem like hes still a loveable guy. If this sterger thing comes out to be true though, he could see himself take a serious hit. Women are in the media, and they stick together when it comes to a man cheating cause theyve all been there.
                              How do you know McNabb was partying all superbowl week? Idk ive seen you assert this a few times and im not saying its not true, just that I havent seen any evidence to prove it in legit sources.

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                              Is it not kind of ironic that the guy who replaces Shanahan in Denver chases all the "star" players away and then Shanahan is doing the same thing in Washington chasing Haynesworth and now McNabb out!

The league is becoming very anti-star players!
                              Every coach wants to be Belichick and try to win without too many big names so everyone will think they are brilliant.
                              Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                              Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

Comment

• Redskins will meet with JaMarcus Russell

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information