No announcement yet.

Phillip Rivers "Arm"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes having a great QB is by no means a lock your team is guaranteed a win, especially if the team around him is playing poorly in some phases. Sure having a great QB gives you a much better chance to win week in and week out...

However all it takes is a poor game from the O-line, Receivers not being on the same page, poor Defensive performance, fluky turnovers, anomaly special teams breakdowns.... and your team is in trouble even if your QB is Manning, Brady, Brees.. Rivers... there's not much Rivers can do if his special teams are breaking down and allowing 2 blocked punts for either Touchdowns, or great field position for opponents, likewise Brady can't do much for his team when he's on the sidelines because his Defense is getting torn up by Peyton Hillis. Also even the great QBs have poor games from time to time, see Brees vs. the Browns... and even Peyton Manning threw 2 awfully bad interceptions yesterday at Philly.

Comment

• I haven't read through this thread page by page, but has anyone brought up the fact that Phillip Rivers is on pace to break Dan Marino's passing record this season? If he throws for 5000 yards, with the WR's that he's had to play with this season, that would be unbelievable. I don't know where he ranks at for you guys among QB's but he's firmly in the top 5 and honestly flirting in the top 3 elite range.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information