No announcement yet.

Phillip Rivers "Arm"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i throw like rivers with the sidearm. my hand was too small to grip the ball as a little kid so i pushed it, i dont know his reason for his weird mechanics but while it looks weird hes like 6-4 so its not a big deal
    E]

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
      IMO Philip Rivers is a rich man's Chad Pennington.
      He's pre-injury Chad Pennington except bigger and meaner. Man I wish it was easy to show some Pennington '02 highlights to people because almost nobody remembers how good that guy looked before the two shoulder tears.

Rivers is the truth....Best under 30 QB in the league.

Comment

I love him as a QB. He just knows exactly what he's doing at all times. Which to me is 90% of being a good QB.

Comment

It is a really ugly looking throwing action, looks like a girl basically, but damn it's effective.

He is pretty much the anti-Jamarcus.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post

Rivers is the truth....Best under 30 QB in the league.
            lies....best physical passer maybe, but roethlisberger and rodgers>rivers as a QB
            E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
              lies....best physical passer maybe, but roethlisberger and rodgers>rivers as a QB
              Um, huh? Are you being serious?

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                I can understand the Roethlisberger argument, but I have no idea how you can say with a straight face that Aaron Rodgers is better than Philip Rivers.

Comment

I don't buy either argument. Rodgers has a bunch of potential, but has largely failed to have the kind of success we all expected him to have this year. I think he'll be a great QB down the road, but I couldn't even come close to calling him better than Rivers right now.

And while Roethlisberger has the superbowl rings, Rivers is clearly the better regular season quarterback. Clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    I can understand the Roethlisberger argument, but I have no idea how you can say with a straight face that Aaron Rodgers is better than Philip Rivers.
                    i think rodgers is having a down year while rivers gets a bunch of catch up stats while they are playing from behind....but id take rodgers all day.

with roethlisberger its close, and it might be a little homerism, but i dont know any reasons other than off field **** why you would take rivers over him
                    E]

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      I don't buy either argument. Rodgers has a bunch of potential, but has largely failed to have the kind of success we all expected him to have this year. I think he'll be a great QB down the road, but I couldn't even come close to calling him better than Rivers right now.

And while Roethlisberger has the superbowl rings, Rivers is clearly the better regular season quarterback. Clearly.
                      Exactly...as far as pure passer goes there's not a single under 30 QB guy I think is better.

This isn't a knock against Roethlisberger...Rivers is just one of those QBs that is the master of his offense.

Comment

hey i do not think ben is the greatest passer...i actually think hes the 3rd best of the 04 class, buttttt i think hes the best overall QB of the 3.
                        E]

Comment

The Roethlisberger argument can be made with a straight face because of the winning, but if you logically think about all the factors in evaluating the two players, Rivers is clearly better.

Big Ben does have two Super Bowls - I'm not knocking him at all, he's a fine QB (although he played terribly in the first one). But Rivers never had the defense, running game, and just overall Pittsburgh awesomeness helping him.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

It is a shame Rivers became great the same year LaDainian Tomlinson lost his burst.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                              The Roethlisberger argument can be made with a straight face because of the winning, but if you logically think about all the factors in evaluating the two players, Rivers is clearly better.

Big Ben does have two Super Bowls - I'm not knocking him at all, he's a fine QB (although he played terribly in the first one). But Rivers never had the defense, running game, and just overall Pittsburgh awesomeness helping him.
                              rivers had a STUD defense with jamaal willaims, cro, jammer, igor, and a roided up merriman.....he became so called "great" when LT wasnt all that and he had to throw most of the time cause sproles is a midgit

maybe im hard on him cause i hate him, but he doesnt have a running game and has legendary stats right now because of it
                              E]

Comment

So...Rivers sucks because he stepped up his game when the Chargers needed him to? I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information