Phillip Rivers "Arm"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillip Rivers "Arm"

Is it just me or does anyone else hates Rivers arm?

Aside from his weird chicken wing side arm, he clearly does not have any zip on any of his passes and that kills me. I give him all the credit for having the accuracy but he just does not wow me with his strength. I wonder what everyone else thinks about this.
    Last edited by shylo3716; 10-31-2010, 05:16 PM.

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Well he always gets the ball there, so who cares how it looks.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

The funny part is, he's the best deep ball thrower in football.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Agreed just because it doesn't look pretty doesn't mean he can't get it done. Sure he has an awkward looking release but it's enough to get it there and a lot of his passes are on point.

Comment

The bone I pick with Rivers is not about how his motion is, it's about the way the ball looks when he throws it which is very sloppy.

Newton
          Thief +15 swagger

Comment

To me, it actually looks pretty nice. Certainly fits passes into tight windows all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
              The bone I pick with Rivers is not about how his motion is, it's about the way the ball looks when he throws it which is very sloppy.
              Are you old to enough to remember Bernie Kosar?

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                Are you old to enough to remember Bernie Kosar?
                All I know about him is that he was a beast for us at Da U.

Newton
                Thief +15 swagger

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                  All I know about him is that he was a beast for us at Da U.
                  Phillip Rivers is a strong-armed version of Kosar.

Comment

Phillip Rivers and his floaters are nice high class comedy.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Phillip Rivers is an odd quarterback, that's for sure. But he's also one of the best in the NFL(and on any given week is capable of being the best). Nothing wrong with him arm wise despite the way it looks. His deep ball is actually really good.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

It's amazing that more of his passes aren't deflected at the line with that delivery.

Call me crazy but I think I'd take Rivers over ANY QB in the league not named Peyton right now.

With the emergence of Mathews, that offense is going to get real ******* scary come Week 12.

Gates - VJax - Floyd - 3 RBs

Damn. Thank goodness KC didn't tie BUF. That may end up being the difference in this division.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

the velocity on his throws is pretty weak and has always been

however, this allows him to throw a very catchable ball and is why the chargers have picked guys off the street this year and the passing game has still done well

the delivery is unorthodox to say the least (and was even worse in college) but it gets the ball out pretty quick

i'm constantly amazed with how he doesn't sell out his WRs all that often. you'd think he'd get guys lit up ALL the time with his arm strength, but usually when he throws those kind of passes in the middle of the field he throws it really high (allowing his generally tall receiving corps a chance) which still results in violent looking hits but none of the helmet to helmet or shoulder to back stuff that is really damaging. i think some of this is him and some of it is good design and play calling. norv doesn't get the credit he deserves as a QB coach/OC imo. he is an awful HC, without a doubt, but if someone could just keep him happy as an OC he'd be an asset

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                            the velocity on his throws is pretty weak and has always been

however, this allows him to throw a very catchable ball and is why the chargers have picked guys off the street this year and the passing game has still done well

the delivery is unorthodox to say the least (and was even worse in college) but it gets the ball out pretty quick

i'm constantly amazed with how he doesn't sell out his WRs all that often. you'd think he'd get guys lit up ALL the time with his arm strength, but usually when he throws those kind of passes in the middle of the field he throws it really high (allowing his generally tall receiving corps a chance) which still results in violent looking hits but none of the helmet to helmet or shoulder to back stuff that is really damaging. i think some of this is him and some of it is good design and play calling. norv doesn't get the credit he deserves as a QB coach/OC imo. he is an awful HC, without a doubt, but if someone could just keep him happy as an OC he'd be an asset
                            Good point.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Everyone gives norv turner credit as a QB coach and OC...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information