MVP WATCH: Josh Freeman making case...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    I dont see how anyone who plays on a team with a losing record can be considered for MVP, especially when his QB is on course to break the all time yardage record. Definitely up there for offensive player of the year though
    This is just a media spin. A players value has nothing to do with his teams record. I think it's ludicrous that this is the way that MVP voting has become.

In fact, it almost makes no sense that you have to be on a great team in order to win. I mean, it's a team sport. No one player can carry a team without help. That points to the fact that if you are on a team with more wins, you probably have more help, which actually makes you LESS valuable.

Performing extremely well on a horrible team should not negate your value, it should amplify it. A great team down a man will still be good, a horrendous team down a man will be pathetically awful. In straight VALUE, Gates is the only receiver on that team worth a damn right now, and has put up huge numbers.

Not that I think a TE will ever actually be MVP. But the logic you have to be on a winning team to become MVP is ridiculously flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
      This is just a media spin. A players value has nothing to do with his teams record. I think it's ludicrous that this is the way that MVP voting has become.

In fact, it almost makes no sense that you have to be on a great team in order to win. I mean, it's a team sport. No one player can carry a team without help. That points to the fact that if you are on a team with more wins, you probably have more help, which actually makes you LESS valuable.

Performing extremely well on a horrible team should not negate your value, it should amplify it. A great team down a man will still be good, a horrendous team down a man will be pathetically awful. In straight VALUE, Gates is the only receiver on that team worth a damn right now, and has put up huge numbers.

Not that I think a TE will ever actually be MVP. But the logic you have to be on a winning team to become MVP is ridiculously flawed.
      It may be a media spin, but that is who votes for the award...

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I think we all know the true MVP..

Sam Bradford!
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Darren McFadden???? If we keep it theres a chance.

He is 1st in the league with 111.3 rushing yards per game, 6th in rushing yards(missed 2 games), tied for 11th with 4 tds, 1st in league with total yards, has 5.5 ypc

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
            It may be a media spin, but that is who votes for the award...
            Never said it wasn't. As I said, I have no illusions about Gates ever being the MVP. MVP is a giant QB circle jerk, and it will be Manning or Brady, regardless.

Comment

As a Bucs fan I'm pleasantly surprised with Freeman's play this year, and very optimistic about his future. But - let's not get ahead of our selves. He's certainly the Bucs' MVP, but I don't think he's the league MVP at this point.

For everyone who hasn't gotten a chance to see Freeman this year he has played extremely well, even in the Bucs losses he has been pretty solid.
              "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information