• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even reading the thread. I read the title and i completely agree

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Didn't he just sign a contract for several years and double digit millions of dollars? He's not going to be fired and paid all that money to not do anything with the team.

Comment

They need a QB to make the playoffs, don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          Didn't he just sign a contract for several years and double digit millions of dollars? He's not going to be fired and paid all that money to not do anything with the team.
          I don't know about that. If they're convinced now that he's a **** up- why not drop him and promote Frazier and see what he can do?
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I don't see what the big deal with Frazier is. He has never shown why he should be a head coach since he has joined the Vikings in my opinion. He runs a very vanilla defense and he inherited a boatload of talent. He doesn't strike me as a fiery leader or someone who can motivate a team. I hardly ever see him coaching anybody up on the sideline or talking to players when they come off the field. He may be great in meetings and other things behind closed doors, but form what I've seen he is just another guy. I think he gets a lot of hype because he is a Dungy disciple and he talked him up a lot.

He has also interviewed for quite a few jobs, and as far as I know has never been formally offered one of them. We saw that a lot with Singletary and look how that is turning out. It just raises another flag in my opinion.
            Last edited by FuzzyGopher; 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Vikings FO are doing a plot not dissimilar to the plot of Major League but instead of screwing the player quality (knowing how long it takes to construct a good team in the NFL) they do not fire chilly

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I stayed away from the Minnesota/Arizona game this week strictly bc I have no idea whether the team will lose on purpose so Chilly can get fired or not.

I have no idea which Minnesota team shows up this Sunday.

Comment

I don't see much of a point in firing him now, there is still chance to make they playoffs, albeit a small one. Dumping him now basically tells the team and fans that it's time to start over and this season is a lost cause. At this point I think he is coaching for his job, there is a ton of pressure from the media and the fans to get him out of there and that can't be ignored by ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                    I don't see what the big deal with Frazier is. He has never shown why he should be a head coach since he has joined the Vikings in my opinion. He runs a very vanilla defense and he inherited a boatload of talent. He doesn't strike me as a fiery leader or someone who can motivate a team. I hardly ever see him coaching anybody up on the sideline or talking to players when they come off the field. He may be great in meetings and other things behind closed doors, but form what I've seen he is just another guy. I think he gets a lot of hype because he is a Dungy disciple and he talked him up a lot.

He has also interviewed for quite a few jobs, and as far as I know has never been formally offered one of them. We saw that a lot with Singletary and look how that is turning out. It just raises another flag in my opinion.
                    Welcome to the life of being a "token" interviewee. Minorities on this forum know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, Frazier has done nothing but have one of the best defenses in the league for years.

Even now, with no secondary and an underperforming dline, his defense has done great. He's done a wonderful job with his units, and absolutely deserves a shot.

Chan ******* Gailey got a job before Frazier. That's a joke.

Comment

Childress isn't the greatest coach in the world, but this team has made several mistakes this season at the worst times. Childress can't tell the offensive or defensive lines (which have been our worst aspects this season) to play better or not suck.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        Childress isn't the greatest coach in the world, but this team has made several mistakes this season at the worst times. Childress can't tell the offensive or defensive lines (which have been our worst aspects this season) to play better or not suck.
                        I cannot believe you defend Childress. I would argue he is by a wide margin the worst head coach in the league, if not that easily top 3. He is nothing but a hindrance to the team. He has been decent as far as the draft goes but he cannot take all the credit for that and while he has managed to bring in some good players he has made just as many if not more really bad signings/trades (Berrian and Williams immediately come to mind). I really hope this Sunday I hear more then a few fire Childress chants.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          I cannot believe you defend Childress. I would argue he is by a wide margin the worst head coach in the league, if not that easily top 3. He is nothing but a hindrance to the team. He has been decent as far as the draft goes but he cannot take all the credit for that and while he has managed to bring in some good players he has made just as many if not more really bad signings/trades (Berrian and Williams immediately come to mind). I really hope this Sunday I hear more then a few fire Childress chants.
                          I don't like Childress. I know the only reason we've been relevant the last three or so years is from the sheer talent our team possessed. Where is that talent this year?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                            I don't like Childress. I know the only reason we've been relevant the last three or so years is from the sheer talent our team possessed. Where is that talent this year?
                            The team is a ******* mess this year. Full of distractions. We got off to a rough start and Childress being our coach makes matters that much worth. It is tough to stay positive when you watch your coach choke away games from your team and while I agree these guys need to play better I do think Childress is solely responsible for at least 2 losses this season.

Comment

Childress can't tell the offensive or defensive lines (which have been our worst aspects this season) to play better or not suck.
                              The DL sucking has come out of nowhere, but the OL has been below average to horrible for his entire tenure now, that one is most certainly on him because he has flat out refused to address it. You can't have a below average LT, C, RG and RT and expect success. All are very poor pass protectors yet you want to throw 40 times a game, all are solid run blockers. He has basically put together an OL full of maulers who can't pass block and then gone pass happy, that is on him.

Unfortunately I don't think that the coach is our only problem, the DL has been awful, the secondary has never been good since I've been a fan but Winfield is starting to look old and he is the only healthy guy who is even NFL starter level in the secondary. Leber is being exposed because the DL is playing so poorly. Greenway and Henderson are the only guys I'd give a pass mark on defense at this point.

Playcalling has been the worst part of the offense though. You have a run blocking line and a great RB yet you don't run the ball, you take him out on 3rd downs despite him being our 2nd best receiver as well to put in a bigger, slower version of Peterson. We have one receiver now that is worth mentioning and you didn't call plays for the other one before cutting him anyway...

Obviously a coaching change couldn't hurt at this point, someone who would come in and tell Favre to **** off would have my support.

That said, I'd rather wait the season out and get Cowher at season's end, he could work wonders for our sorry ass team then hire Frazier, who I honestly have very little faith in. Frazier is a DB coach with probably the worst DBs in the league and the defense has gotten consistently worse every season under him. Time for wholesale changes.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                                The DL sucking has come out of nowhere, but the OL has been below average to horrible for his entire tenure now, that one is most certainly on him because he has flat out refused to address it. You can't have a below average LT, C, RG and RT and expect success. All are very poor pass protectors yet you want to throw 40 times a game, all are solid run blockers. He has basically put together an OL full of maulers who can't pass block and then gone pass happy, that is on him.
                                This is basically the biggest mistake he has made, and I can never figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information