No announcement yet.

Shawne Merriman set to be waived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willing to bet he clears. He's a buy low type of guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
      I think someone will take a shot on him, a team that he would never outright sign for. 9ers or Browns is what I'm musing.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        Yeah, but when he does the market should be fun. Everyone's going to want to try to "save" that kind of talent...

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          I wouldnt mind us atleast trying him out in Oakland if he comes cheap. We could use another pass rusher and keep him out of KC
          I can see him on Oakland. I think that's a pretty good fit there, and what a rivalry!
          I say he ends up in the Bay Area one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
            Yeah, but when he does the market should be fun. Everyone's going to want to try to "save" that kind of talent...
            Yeah, I agree. The demand will be very high after the waiver process.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

What would be play in a 4-3?
              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                What would be play in a 4-3?
                Pass rush DE unless they feel like having him play SLB or something.

Comment

I still think 4-3 DE would have been his best and most natural position for the pros.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    I still think 4-3 DE would have been his best and most natural position for the pros.
                    He had 17 sacks in 12 games as a 3-4 OLB, how in the heck could he have been a better 4-3 DE?

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      He had 17 sacks in 12 games as a 3-4 OLB, how in the heck could he have been a better 4-3 DE?
                      Steroids? Might of helped him
                      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                      Just let it go RWO.
                      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Baltimore already said that they will not claim him IIRC.

Comment

At the least, he could be a nice depth rotational guy for NE. Id like it
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                            Steroids? Might of helped him
                            I never understood this sentiment, as I think it's more one of those things people hear and just keep on repeating. He was suspended his second season for four games and went on to have his best season ever; 17 sacks, 1 int, 8 pd and 4 ff. He followed that up with a 12.5 sack season where he was schemed against even moreso. Was he off of roids at this point?? Maybe, maybe not, wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was still on the juice. But he clearly performed well after the suspension and the only thing that has hampered him the last couple years has been severe injuries and his dumbass attitude to try to play through some of them.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                              I never understood this sentiment, as I think it's more one of those things people hear and just keep on repeating. He was suspended his second season for four games and went on to have his best season ever; 17 sacks, 1 int, 8 pd and 4 ff. He followed that up with a 12.5 sack season where he was schemed against even moreso. Was he off of roids at this point?? Maybe, maybe not, wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was still on the juice. But he clearly performed well after the suspension and the only thing that has hampered him the last couple years has been severe injuries and his dumbass attitude to try to play through some of them.
                              I agree with a lot of this. Obviously the roids helped. Why take something if it doesn't help you? But roids don't make a scrub a super star. However, injuries do turn superstars in scrubs, and I think that is what happened with Merriman. How many games did he stupidly play on that knee? I forget now but it was a lot. I imagine the damage he did will be very slow to heal if it ever even completely heals.

Without roids and without injuries I think Merriman would've been a pretty good or great player. Not a ridiculous QB killer like he was but probably a 10+ sack guy most years.

At this point though it is hard to imagine him ever getting near that level again.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                Because he's such a massive liability in coverage and always has been.

4-3 defensive ends are allowed rack up sacks, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information