No announcement yet.

QB Russell works out for Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're trying to recoup spending a 2nd on McNabb by salvaging Russell's upside for free. Worth a shot, I guess. not really.

Comment

Aha some of the names from the 20 who worked out with Russell today have been released. Among them are Chad Jackson, Tye Hill, Justin Miller, William Joseph, and Charles Grant. Haha we can have like an all time draft prospect team. I know it's our bye week so we are looking at guys but I hope we don't sign any of these scrubs.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

We so need Losman and Grossman to be on the same team.

Comment

Regardless if he's in a 4 man competition for the #3 QB spot, it's still hilarious that he's working out for anything the day after Shanny said McNabb didn't have enough cardiovascular endurance to run the 2 minute drill.

Comment

Apparently Matt Jones got an invite to work out also but turned them down. (read; wouldn't pass a piss test so why bother)

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              Russell is the anti-Shanny QB.

Is Shanny showing signs of senility? I don't get it.
              Shanahan has the hugest boner for old AFC West players that used to kill him back in the day. I can't think of any logical reason why they signed cakn it, partna.
              Currently on IR: Rip 2011 Jamaal Charles :(

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                Apparently Matt Jones got an invite to work out also but turned them down. (read; wouldn't pass a piss test so why bother)
                He'll come begging when he needs more coke money.
                **** her in da *****!

Comment

You know the best thing about Russell...

That I was right about Quinn having a longer/better career. Now I'll admit I thought Quinn might be a little better than he is(read: a lot) but Russell was every bit as bad as I expected.

But he has a cannon so he must be good right!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

He is having a work out with Miami on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                      You know the best thing about Russell...

That I was right about Quinn having a longer/better career. Now I'll admit I thought Quinn might be a little better than he is(read: a lot) but Russell was every bit as bad as I expected.

But he has a cannon so he must be good right!
                      LOL as if you're trying to play that card with Quinn being the NFL's worst QB by a mile. Jamarcus had an awful year last year, but for their careers before that, Jamarcus was better. I bet Jamarcus is still better. I'd rather have Jamarcus than BQ. Any day of the week.

Also, if you think he was drafted #1 solely because he had a really strong arm, you're ignorant. That would be to suggest you know more than any scouting department in the NFL. There's a reason BQ fell to 22 and Jamarcus was #1. Jamarcus was a flat out much better prospect, and that's why he went 21 spots ahead.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Found a recent picture of Jamarcus;

/harharhar

Would love Miami to have to go to him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Also, if you think he was drafted #1 solely because he had a really strong arm, you're ignorant. That would be to suggest you know more than any scouting department in the NFL. There's a reason BQ fell to 22 and Jamarcus was #1. Jamarcus was a flat out much better prospect, and that's why he went 21 spots ahead.
                          There were plenty who didn't like Russell as a prospect despite the great physical skills. I remember there being plenty of people on here who wanted Quinn more and even more who didn't like either of them as a prospect. Russell went #1 because he was the prototypical Al Davis QB, if another team had the 1st pick it could very easily have been that they both went in the 20s, I remember plenty of teams had question marks on both of them.

Either way, I was firmly of the belief that Quinn would be better because guys who are lazy and overweight BEFORE they get paid very rarely find the motivation after they get paid, not to mention I didn't like his accuracy or pocket poise. Plenty of people felt the same. I was wrong about Quinn, he has done next to nothing, which is still an upgrade on Russell though which is the reason for my comment.

Russell is still quite easily the most overrated prospect that I've seen compared to what I thought of him, I still see him as a guy who had amazing arm strength and little else that you look for in a QB and I know I wasn't alone on that.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                            LOL as if you're trying to play that card with Quinn being the NFL's worst QB by a mile. Jamarcus had an awful year last year, but for their careers before that, Jamarcus was better. I bet Jamarcus is still better. I'd rather have Jamarcus than BQ. Any day of the week.

Also, if you think he was drafted #1 solely because he had a really strong arm, you're ignorant. That would be to suggest you know more than any scouting department in the NFL.
                            I'm going to have to guess you didn't see Russell last year - if you did, you wouldn't be making that comment.

If I were Miami, I'd sooner bring back Pat White.
                            Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                              I'm going to have to guess you didn't see Russell last year - if you did, you wouldn't be making that comment.

If I were Miami, I'd sooner bring back Pat White.
                              I do hope your joking. He is worthless. He had trouble throwing a 5 yard out last year.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                                I do hope your joking. He is worthless. He had trouble throwing a 5 yard out last year.
                                I believe you, but Russell is worse.

I read on PFT that they're considering Simms and Patrick Ramsey as the backups. Ramsey would be the best choice out of that group.
                                Just play me, baby

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information