Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Manning Whoa Whoa Whoa not so fast!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    People stereotype Manning as being completely immoble because he's a great pocket passer. He's nowhere close to Vick, obviously, but he can gain yards with his feet at times.
    He actually used to be a fairly good runner early in his career. Recently he hasn't been running much, though, and the negative rushing numbers are because of the kneel downs. He doesn't run much but he is far from immobile, still moves in the pocket and avoids pressure better than any QB ever

Comment

I want some visual evidence that this actually happened.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
        Maybe he's closer to Vick than we thought!
        Barry Sanders JR right there. (and I mean BSj now, not later.)
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          still moves in the pocket and avoids pressure better than any QB ever
          Umm. Close.

Manning is great at a lot of things (maybe even better footwork wise), but no one beats Brady's 6th sense in the pocket.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            Over the past 4 years he has a combined -3 rushing yards
            Why run when you have a 66% chance of completing a pass? Manning is mobile enough to extend plays and run for a few yards when he needs to, as he's proven many many many times.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
              Umm. Close.

Manning is great at a lot of things (maybe even better footwork wise), but no one beats Brady's 6th sense in the pocket.
              I don't want to have this debate again :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by shylo3716 View Post
                Is it me, or am I the only one that actually seen Peyton take off and run for the 1st time ever last nite WOW!!!!!!!
                I remember a 40-50 yard TD run that he had on a naked bootleg @ Buffalo like 8 years ago.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                  I don't want to have this debate again :roll:
                  Then why did you start it?

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    Then why did you start it?
                    How did I start it?

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=211104002

Manning almost stole Rhodes' limelight in the running game.
                      Not known for his mobility, Manning fooled everyone when, on a third-and-1, he faked a handoff and broke to his left, scoring on a naked bootleg from 33 yards.
                      "I didn't call it until the last minute," said Manning, who saw Buffalo's defense cheating the other way. "I'm 4-for-4 on those things: three times in college and my first one here."
                      It was the second-longest touchdown run by a Colts quarterback, 10 yards short of George Taliaferro's run in 1953.
                      Classic. I remember EVERYBODY being fooled.
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                        Why run when you have a 66% chance of completing a pass? Manning is mobile enough to extend plays and run for a few yards when he needs to, as he's proven many many many times.
                        Last year Aaron Rodgers completed 64.7% and ran for 316 yards. Jason Campbell completed 64.5% and ran for 236 yards.

And besides completion rate doesn't mean much here. If you're a good running quarterback you're going to get yards whether you're a good passer or not. Obviously he looks to pass first, but you can't give him credit as a runner when he hasn't topped 50 yards on the ground in 8 years.

Comment

Manning had some solid runs in college.
                          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Over under of 3 pages before it turns into a GOAT thread with tons of vs Tom Brady?
                            No doubt, it only took a couple of replies before he got called overrated also. C'mon people...

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                              Manning had some solid runs in college.
                              All QBs had solid runs in college.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                                All QBs had solid runs in college.
                                Nah, you ever see Erik Ainge or Casey Clausen play?
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information