Week 9 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Job View Post
    I hate the Chiefs. Not only do they have the easiest schedule I've ever seen, but then they face an Aso-less Raiders team.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

The Chiefs will be the team that isn't as good next year because they play a tough schedule. They're improving but they still need another year or two.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        The Chiefs will be the team that isn't as good next year because they play a tough schedule. They're improving but they still need another year or two.
        No one (at least no sane Chiefs fan) has ever debated that. To be a truly great team we'll need another great draft or two. We still have some big holes to fill.

I don't think we'll be bad next year. It all depends on our young talent continuing to develop and bringing in another good draft class.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
          No one (at least no sane Chiefs fan) has ever debated that. To be a truly great team we'll need another great draft or two. We still have some big holes to fill.

I don't think we'll be bad next year. It all depends on our young talent continuing to develop and bringing in another good draft class.
          Yeah. I hate to bring up a Simmons column but you are the Dolphins from 2 years ago in my mind. On the right track but looking better than you actually are. In 2 years it'll be your division.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Yeah. I hate to bring up a Simmons column but you are the Dolphins from 2 years ago in my mind. On the right track but looking better than you actually are. In 2 years it'll be your division.
            Ya I agree with that. They are good enough right now to beat up on a bunch of cupcake teams, but not good enough to beat legit teams (similar to the Bucs)

Comment

Go GIANTS!!!! U guys win and by weeks end, the Rams are in tied for first place. And if the playoffs were to start then, WE'D BE IN!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!! Letsz go GIANTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Ya I agree with that. They are good enough right now to beat up on a bunch of cupcake teams, but not good enough to beat legit teams (similar to the Bucs)
                I'm not sure about that. They did stay really close against a Colts team that still had some healthy players, beat the (struggling, but still) Chargers and lost to the Texans only because their defense **** the bed in the 4th quarter. I'm really starting to like that team and am already eating a lot of crow about them. Now if only they could find themselves a real quarterback, they'd be a threat.

Comment

The Chiefs and Bucs are for real IMO.
                  KC has a good running game to go along with a very good defense. The secondary is fantastic, Hali is a DPOY candidate at passrusher, and the DLine is shaping up. QB is obviously a major question mark, but with the solid foundation they've built up, I can see them being a solid team for a while.
                  Tampa is similar. Awesome young talent. Freeman should develop into a true franchise QB, and the drafts they've had have really loaded them up well.

Maybe harder schedules will set them back in a year, but I can see both of these teams being serious contenders for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                    The Chiefs and Bucs are for real IMO.
                    KC has a good running game to go along with a very good defense. The secondary is fantastic, Hali is a DPOY candidate at passrusher, and the DLine is shaping up. QB is obviously a major question mark, but with the solid foundation they've built up, I can see them being a solid team for a while.
                    Tampa is similar. Awesome young talent. Freeman should develop into a true franchise QB, and the drafts they've had have really loaded them up well.

Maybe harder schedules will set them back in a year, but I can see both of these teams being serious contenders for the future.
                    I don't buy in to the Bucs hype. They beat the Browns, Panthers, Bengals, Rams @ home, and the Cards. They lost to the Steelers (38-13) and the Saints (31-6).

They are better than the lower tier teams but not good enough to compete with the big boys. I see a possible wildcard winner and a first round exit. If Benn keeps it up, Blount stays hot, and McCoy starts causing havoc I could see them becoming pretty scary.
                    Last edited by Scotty D; 11-06-2010, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                      ..like the Raiders. I already said the good times were over.

We sold this game out, too. It's gonna be wilddd!!!!

Comment

• The Bucs only have 4 non weak sauce opponents left tho. Consider that, and the worse they will go 9-7 if they don't **** up. Win one of those games (i.e. this week against the Falcons this week) they'll make the playoffs. That is my prediction, if the Bucs win this week, they will make the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          I don't buy in to the Bucs hype. They beat the Browns, Panthers, Bengals, Rams @ home, and the Cards. They lost to the Steelers (38-13) and the Saints (31-6).
                          Fair enough, but give them some credit here. They lost to 2 extremely talented teams in Pittsburgh and New Orleans and have beaten everyone else given to them on their schedule.
                          I just love their young talent. Im drinking the Josh Freeman kool-aid, and the rest of their skill players look very good albeit being very young. The defense also has some nice pieces in place. Another solid draft and year of development for the young offense could make this team real dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                            Fair enough, but give them some credit here. They lost to 2 extremely talented teams in Pittsburgh and New Orleans and have beaten everyone else given to them on their schedule.
                            I just love their young talent. Im drinking the Josh Freeman kool-aid, and the rest of their skill players look very good albeit being very young. The defense also has some nice pieces in place. Another solid draft and year of development for the young offense could make this team real dangerous.
                            I still see them winning a wildcard. If they can get in and stay healthy anything can happen. I haven't watched much of Mike Williams but what he is doing as a 4th round rookie WR is ridiculous.

Comment

• The combined record of the teams the Bucs beat (12-24); the combined record of the teams the Chiefs beat (12-27).

Comment

• I hate bye weeks :(

Lets go Vikings and Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information