Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schefter & Glazer reporting Bills set to claim Merriman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Just in time to kill Jay Cutler :( :( :(
    I want a sig.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
      Just in time to kill Jay Cutler :( :( :(
      I've already read that he won't be there for that game. Which is a plus.

      Comment


      • #18
        Last I heard, the Bills were moving back to the 4-3, which makes this signing a tad weird.

        Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

        Comment


        • #19
          Oh, good. So it wont be Merriman.
          I want a sig.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
            Any chance Maybin gets cut?
            May the gods smile upon us...
            "It must be contract year!"

            Deion Sanders

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
              Great move by the Bills.
              There's no risk at all. No draft picks traded (unlike the Vikings to get Moss), and Merriman might have some big upside.
              Might not.

              But let me ax you this: Who will get to 2 sacks first in a Bills uniform: Merriman, or last year's #1 pick Maybin?

              Bills invested a hell of a lot in Maybin, and nothing in Merriman.
              Agreed about the no risk aspect, which is why I am good with it..
              Merriman, Maybin wont see the field again this year (barring injuries), and with luck on our side, ever again...
              "It must be contract year!"

              Deion Sanders

              Comment


              • #22
                Suckers...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Atleast they can continue healthy scratching Pancake Man.
                  **** her in da *****!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Little to no risk here... it's a very, very cheap audition

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Alot of people bashing this.. he is way too young to just say it is over now. Plenty of injuries though which ultimately can slow you down, he can still play but not sure his gamebreaking talent will still be there. O and Buffalo is going to put him at DE?
                      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                      Coples is that dude.
                      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                      Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
                        Alot of people bashing this.. he is way too young to just say it is over now. Plenty of injuries though which ultimately can slow you down, he can still play but not sure his gamebreaking talent will still be there. O and Buffalo is going to put him at DE?
                        A lot of people bashed the crap out of New England trading FOR Randy Moss in 2007, saying he was done, had lost his speed and his desire.

                        Then he went out and shattered records that year scoring TDs up and down the field. And he turned Brady into a prolific statistical passer.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          A lot of people bashed the crap out of New England trading FOR Randy Moss in 2007, saying he was done, had lost his speed and his desire.

                          Then he went out and shattered records that year scoring TDs up and down the field. And he turned Brady into a prolific statistical passer.
                          Yeah, and remember that guy who bet $5 on the red sox winning the world series when they were down 0-3? throw him in your example too, gambles definitely pay off sometimes

                          Shawne could turn it around, in fact it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm glad he's gone.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            To make room, we shut down Cornell Green for the year. This move just keeps getting better.

                            Originally posted by Poz51 View Post
                            Agreed about the no risk aspect, which is why I am good with it..
                            Merriman, Maybin wont see the field again this year (barring injuries), and with luck on our side, ever again...
                            Uh, what? With luck, I would hope that the youngest player on our team could begin to turn his career around, not fade into the most epic of busts.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              FWIW, Tampa Bay and Miami also put in waiver claims for LB Shawne Merriman. 6 hourss ago via ÜberTwitter
                              Merriman would've made a pass rush better, i really don't think it could've gotten any worse.


                              Mike Will & V-Jax

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                To make room, we shut down Cornell Green for the year. This move just keeps getting better.

                                Uh, what? With luck, I would hope that the youngest player on our team could begin to turn his career around, not fade into the most epic of busts.
                                Its the gift that keeps on giving!!
                                If Maybin can turn around his career, all the better, and for his sake and the future of this team, I hope he does... I just dont see it happening, and think he was a bust the minute the decision was made to draft him, the boom potential was limited. The warning signs were clear before he was drafted, he was a situational player at best, who added weight and slowed down, every down he's played he has been the last or second to last guy off the snap, and his first step has disappeared. He is clearly at epic bust status, I do hope he turns things around, and will gladly eat crow if he does. With the money tied up into him, he will be given the chance, but for how long??
                                "It must be contract year!"

                                Deion Sanders

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information