No announcement yet.

Schefter & Glazer reporting Bills set to claim Merriman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's one of the most talented defenders in the league...Anyone counting him out at 26 just because his career hit it's first bumps IMO is being either a fool or a cynic.

Nice move by the Bills...I hope he proves to be worth a contract in the offseason...That'd mean there's 3 DE/OLBs I'm excited to see hit FA in the offseason (Lawson and Kiwi are the other 2).

Comment

I really don't see the point, even if he plays good he is gone at the end of the season any ways it's not like they got him to make a playoff run.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
        I really don't see the point, even if he plays good he is gone at the end of the season any ways it's not like they got him to make a playoff run.
        It's never a bad thing to add talent...There's always the outside shot he stays there *snickers*.

Comment

What position will he play for the bills?
          I heard they scratched the 34 and are going back to a 43
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
            What position will he play for the bills?
            I heard they scratched the 34 and are going back to a 43
            Some people think he would've done better as a 4-3 DE anyway.

I personally think his legs are done but we will see. I think for the Bills specifically this will work out as well as signing TO did.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              He's one of the most talented defenders in the league...Anyone counting him out at 26 just because his career hit it's first bumps IMO is being either a fool or a cynic.

Nice move by the Bills...I hope he proves to be worth a contract in the offseason...That'd mean there's 3 DE/OLBs I'm excited to see hit FA in the offseason (Lawson and Kiwi are the other 2).
              I understand how people feel this way, and hey shawne just passed a physical so its impossible to say something can't be done. But still, there's context. 2 sacks in 3 years? That's tough to be optimistic about. The bills, I don't think its a great fit because teams are going to score a few times and then pound the rock. The lights out of old played the run well, he's a handy tool, but still not ideal.

Hell be a redskin next year.

Comment

Suckers...
                Oh yeah.

Buffalo traded away one problem child in Marshawn Lynch, now they have another one who's one more domestic argument away from being booted from the league.

Or is it just another case of the worst team in the NFL is the last stop on the long downward spiral of a former superstar career?

Comment

lol... I can't believe the number of people hating on this, the Bills get him barely above the veteran minimum for the rest of the year and even if he doesn't stick around which he probably won't, they could get a comp. pick for him if his contract is anything decent.

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                  But let me ax you this:
                  Kill yourself. Please.

Comment

Bills signed LB Shawne Merriman to a two-year extension. The deal guarantees Merriman $2.5 million for 2011, and performance incentives could escalate next year's salary to as much as $9.25 million.

Comment

Suckers...
                      Agree, the term garbage-picking came immediately to mind

Comment

in a related story Aaron Maybin has asked for an extension.when asked why Maybin replied "Well if Buffalo can give Merriman a extension for doing nothing then they can give me one as well."

Comment

The Bills aer getting better every day.

Comment

I could see taking a chance on him for some close to the league minimum for 1 year. But this is a little much for a guy who cant stay healthy.

Comment

We have to overpay just to take these chances. The fans aren't hating it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                                We have to overpay just to take these chances. The fans aren't hating it.
                                i love it it's 2.5 mill, f it, who else would we get for 2.5 mill?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information