Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titans claim Randy Moss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Because the second you count on him is the second he will let you down. He isn't going to jump for balls or fight through contact. He gives up on plays and will just decide to shut it down. People will like him because he is a threat if you give him single coverage, but this isn't anywhere near the Randy Moss that people saw in 2007 or even 08.

    I've defended him quite a bit, but Randy hasn't played worth **** this year regardless of what the numbers may say.

    I mean, he got shut down by Antonio Cromartie. Not just beat up, but shut down.

    If you get Moss's best effort, he's a super talent still. If you get the effort he's been giving, then prepare to be disappointed.

    I mean, after he got traded I said his best two games would be his first as a Viking (to shut everyone up) and against NE (to show them they should have paid him). Those two games combined: 5 catches, 89 yards, 1 TD. The game against NE was a 1 catch for 8 yards. Devin McCourty didn't even cover him most of the night. It was random corners who can barely cover anyone (Arrington, Butler, Wilhite).

    worst 2 games this year: 1 catch, 8 yards, 0 TDs.
    best 2 games: 6 catches, 123 yards, 3 TDs.

    the rest (4 games, averaged): 3.75 catches per game, 46 yards per game, 0.5 TD per game. (With Tom Brady and the ghost of Brett Favre, both of whom have better deep balls than VY)

    I'm just not seeing the big deal.
    I'm not expecting huge things, but let me ask you this: Who do you want more - Randy Moss or Nate Washington?

    Because while Kenny Britt is down, our #1 WR would have to be Washington. I'm pumped about now having Randy Moss to help fill that role, even if he's a bum. So it's less about what will be and more about what would be, for now. Then when Britt returns, Moss won't have to be relied on so much, which is why I got excited. Our offense has never had that type of talent in the passing game with him, Britt, Washington, and the young guys like Damian Williams and Jared Cook (and when Britt returns, I fully expect him to be our best WR).

    Also, you underestimate VY's arm. He's developed a damn good deep ball, especially with Britt. I'd argue VY's deep ball has been his best pass this season. Not trying to argue he's better than Brady or Favre, but he's more than capable. I wish people would start giving VY more credit for how well he's played this season.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

    [@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

    Comment


    • #62
      The main reason this move was made was to definitely keep the box from filling on CJ while Britt is out. If Moss adds anything beyond that..... cake.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by njx9
        this is my favorite thing about moss and other similar players.

        fans of his first team: best player ever!


        fans of team 2: yeah!
        fans of team 1: suckers, he's like, the worst player in the nfl.
        random other people: rabblerabblerabble
        fans of team 2: *shrug* here's why he will work for us
        fans of team 1: worst player ever!!!
        other people: rabblejobsrabble

        goto:1
        That's funny but you're conveinently leaving out the part where team 3 picked him and he helped his team to a 16-0 record in a season where his QB had like 50 TDs and he accounted for like 20 or something.

        The reason why fans (and all these teams taking these shots) are optimistic is because it HAS worked before.

        The reward outweighs the risk IMO. The risk is minimal. It's money and the media talking crap. It's not like TEN gave up a pick and they aren't paying him an insane salary.

        With that said, I'm DYING to know what MOSS thinks about this. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and blame his failure in Minny on Childress being an idiot and a culture of COMPLETE dysfunction - which is exactly what he'd probably say about this past month in Minny.

        But is he excited? Happy? Is he grateful that the Titans gave him yet another chance? Does he look forward to working with VY? I want to hear from him, because now that he's not employed by them, he can tell the truth about how poorly the Vikings were run.
        Last edited by gpngc; 11-03-2010, 11:16 PM.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

        - Ko Simpson

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
          The main reason this move was made was to definitely keep the box from filling on CJ while Britt is out. If Moss adds anything beyond that..... cake.
          Exactly what Voodoo said. This is probably the biggest thing to make a fuss over. Washington doesn't draw coverage. Britt wasn't really drawing much attention either, but it was projected that he would if he kept playing well and stayed healthy.

          The box would've stayed stacked, and CJ would've struggled. Especially considering how poorly the inside of our OL has played. If Moss can just threated to take the top off defenses and keep opposing defenses from stacking the box, then that alone will make the pickup worth it. And lets not forget this was a waiver pickup with little risk. If he does something stupid, we can cut his ass without having to admit we wasted a 3rd RD pick on him.

          And what if the upside is reached? How are you going to stack the box to contain CJ, keep a spy on VY, and then rotate coverage towards Moss? I'm not saying that will happen, but the prospect that it could happen gives me teh joose bumps.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

          [@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

          Comment


          • #65
            Am I in heaven? *jizzz*

            Comment


            • #66
              tennessee titans fans unite

              Comment


              • #67
                I still like Moss and thought Hed do well with the Vikings. I think most people who are talking about his baggage and such are either just in denial or dont want to accept the fact that the titans offense is going to get much better.


                Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                  Exactly what Voodoo said. This is probably the biggest thing to make a fuss over. Washington doesn't draw coverage. Britt wasn't really drawing much attention either, but it was projected that he would if he kept playing well and stayed healthy.

                  The box would've stayed stacked, and CJ would've struggled. Especially considering how poorly the inside of our OL has played. If Moss can just threated to take the top off defenses and keep opposing defenses from stacking the box, then that alone will make the pickup worth it. And lets not forget this was a waiver pickup with little risk. If he does something stupid, we can cut his ass without having to admit we wasted a 3rd RD pick on him.

                  And what if the upside is reached? How are you going to stack the box to contain CJ, keep a spy on VY, and then rotate coverage towards Moss? I'm not saying that will happen, but the prospect that it could happen gives me teh joose bumps.
                  This is what me and my friend were talking about. If Moss gives any effort at all, CJ is going to explode. VY also benefits greatly because like you said this will take a spy off VY a lot of the time.

                  BTW whats up with Jared Cook? Is he just not good enough to play yet?


                  Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                  Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                    This is what me and my friend were talking about. If Moss gives any effort at all, CJ is going to explode. VY also benefits greatly because like you said this will take a spy off VY a lot of the time.

                    BTW whats up with Jared Cook? Is he just not good enough to play yet?
                    Cook has taken some time to develop and learn the playbook, so his action has been limited. He's pretty much an oversized WR. I don't think he's ever lined up at TE in his career so far. But he did get a lot of action this past Sunday against the Chargers when Britt went down with an injury, and they lined him up outside at WR.

                    He's definitely shown flashes though, and is a huge mismatch. I think his coming out party will be next year when Bo Scaife leaves in FA. Hopefully by then he'll be able to line up at TE and take most of his snaps from there.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                    [@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Also!!!

                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                      [@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        Cook has taken some time to develop and learn the playbook, so his action has been limited. He's pretty much an oversized WR.
                        this, its obvious the coaches dont have any faith in him as a blocker right now and his speed/agility/vertical thats pretty much what he is right now

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by TitansCJftw View Post
                          this, its obvious the coaches dont have any faith in him as a blocker right now and his speed/agility/vertical thats pretty much what he is right now
                          He's great in special teams coverage though! :D
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                          [@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                            Cook has taken some time to develop and learn the playbook, so his action has been limited. He's pretty much an oversized WR. I don't think he's ever lined up at TE in his career so far.

                            So is Jermichael Finley. Before he bulked up and learned to block he was lining up in the slot as a WR a ton to get him adjusted. I'm still giving Cook time, but he could still become a pretty good receiving option for you guys.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              wow i really like that comparison good call there LL

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Pretty crazy. I'm not really expecting a whole lot from Moss, but it should at least make the season that much more interesting.

                                What some people don't realize is VY actually has shown a really good deep throw this season. Some of them have been insanely good. So it could work out really well. But it's not like the Titans burnt a pick on Moss, he could just as easily see a 4th team by season's end.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information