X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
      Looks like his pads more than Pryor's helmet. He brings his chin right down to them. That is a better angle than the video though. Could go either way.
      Last edited by ElectricEye; 11-05-2010, 02:45 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        I honestly don't see it. Pryor's helmet stays around his left shoulder the entire time. There's a chance it happened, but it's so incidental and small it barely is worth mentioning.
        Watching it again - I think you're right. The video looks like he hits Favre in the armpit and never even touches his chin. It very well may have been the pads getting slammed up into his (old school) chin strap that caused a cut.

I thought the hit continued to the ground and that's when it landed in his chin but I was wrong.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-brett-favre/1

Guyton also fined. Those two hits were defiantly not created equal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Where was Favre's fine for playing with the referees flag? (it was during the discussion of one his multiple intentional grounding penalties) I seem to remember the NFL fining other people for the same thing.

edit: Someone should tell Favre to grow a neck. If hitting him in the chest causes you to hit his chin, then you lack a neck.

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
            http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-brett-favre/1

Guyton also fined. Those two hits were defiantly not created equal.
            I can understand Guyton's fine. It was a play I think that he gets away with if it were a backup RB, but not 'the' NFL QB.
            Last edited by descendency; 11-05-2010, 03:10 PM.
            **** her in da *****!

Comment

Let's not remember that these were the ones reported. There are probably way more that aren't reported because of who the player was or against. Ray Edwards has said he hasn't disclosed a number of fines with the media over the past few years.

Not that I agree with the fine or anything, I think it's a joke obviously. Favre knew what he was getting into when he came back.
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Scrolls down the PFT News and Rumors page....it's asinine how many fines there are being handed out today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

A quick scroll reveals:

Manny Lawson fined $12500 for a hit on Kyle Orton
                Ahmad Brooks fined $10000 for another hit on Orton
                Jason Babin fined $20000 for a hit on Phillip Rivers
                Guyton fined $7500
                And then there's Myron Pryor

Now, I haven't seen all of these hits...but this is god damned ridiculous. Especially for unflagged plays.

Comment

Ya this fine **** was out of hand a while ago and it is just getting worse. At a certain point you have to let these guys play football. It is a rough sport, injuries will happen and people will get hit hard but how the hell can you fine someone for a legal hit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    Ya this fine **** was out of hand a while ago and it is just getting worse. At a certain point you have to let these guys play football. It is a rough sport, injuries will happen and people will get hit hard but how the hell can you fine someone for a legal hit?
                    Clearly your overreacting if you think this.

Originally posted by WMD
                    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                    Originally posted by gpngc
                    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

I would pay the fine in pennies

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                        Straight change homey.

Comment

You would need 750000 pennies. I'd dump it right into the commissioners office.

Comment

Or Nets tickets. Whichever is lower.
                            **** her in da *****!

Comment

It disgusts me how the league is turning into a giant ***** fest. I can not believe the way they baby the offense in general nowdays. You cant touch receivers, you cant touch qb's, you cant hit certain players to hard or its a fine. They are ruining the product, and I agree with polamalu, they need a commitee of former players along with NFL higher ups to judge these calls and rules, its BS.
                              bill belichick quote:
                              stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Comment

U should be kicked out of the league for knocking Favre out of the game....for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information