Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Don't touch Lord Favre

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5767916

New England Patriots defensive lineman Myron Pryor has been fined $7,500 for a fourth-quarter hit that opened a cut on the chin of Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Pryor was not penalized on the play, which resulted in Favre getting 10 stitches and leaving the game.

Pryor told the Boston Herald earlier this week that his helmet "slid up into Favre's chin" after he first hit the quarterback in the chest.

He added: "You don't mean to hurt somebody. And when it happened, I didn't think I hit him hard enough to make him [injured]. But maybe just from the impact going to the ground and from me laying on top of him, that's what made the chin messed up."

The Patriots face the Cleveland Browns on Sunday in Cleveland.
    They need to put some flags around his waist so people won't have to hit him while trying to make a textbook tackle.

If you haven't seen the hit, you need to. This is absolutely absurd.

edit: The tackle was in his chest. The helmet was a good 6+ inches below his chin when the act of falling down cause their bodies to shift. When Favre hit the ground his head came forward and went into the top of Pryor's helmet. Pryor didn't drive him into the ground or his helmet into Favre's chin.
    Last edited by descendency; 11-05-2010, 12:29 PM.
    **** her in da *****!

yeah i saw that, this is ******* weak. Just put a god damn flag on the old fart. This was a clean hit.

I think Troy Polamalu's idea is the best solution for this. Get a group of retired players or something of that sort and have them form a group that will decide whether or not the hit was wreckless or not. I think former players/players would have a better idea of a players intent.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Clean hit. No question. I'm not being a homer at all either. Merri's hit was cheap **** and dirty as hell, but this one was completely clean. Players get cut every single game. Just because this one happened to Brett Favre doesn't mean he should be fined.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Personally, I think Steve Hutchinson should be fined for the look out block he threw on that play.

That was just good football by Pryor

Comment

There's the hit. The sliding helmet thing is crap too. His helmet was NOWHERE near his.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I ******* hate Favre. such a huge cry baby.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Clean hit. No question. I'm not being a homer at all either. Merri's hit was cheap **** and dirty as hell, but this one was completely clean. Players get cut every single game. Just because this one happened to Brett Favre doesn't mean he should be fined.
              Exactly.

Also, how was holding not called on this play? Pryor gets a fine for beasting through a hold and making a clean tackle.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

You just can't have some no-name defensive lineman knocking out Lord Favre.

(Or at least that's how I assume the NFL is justifying this....)

Total BS. There needs to be major rule clarification this offseason....

Comment

That tackle followed the rules the NFL just released, but **** it fine him anyway because its Farve? Please where are the people defending this rule saying everyone was overreacting (still only one case I know) but this was the **** everyone was worried about. **** off Goodell..

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they reverse the fine if it gets enough criticism. I remember Justin Tuck hitting a QB clean but hard and the NFL tried to fine him, but caught so much flack for it that they said "Oh, uh, nevermind."

Comment

I wouldn't pay if I was Pryor.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

I'm hoping that this is some bad info and that maybe the fine is on the guy that went helmet to helmet on Favre earlier in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                          I wouldn't pay if I was Pryor.
                          Yeah I'd tell them to stuff it and totally appeal that ********. I'd never pay that.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

This should be appealed. Pryor isn't a rich man either. He's a league minimum guy right now I believe. That's not just something he can sneeze at.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Wow. I've been okay with all the fines up to now, but this one is just embarrassing. That was a completely clean hit. Top to bottom. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information