• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• descendency
    started a topic Warning: Don't touch Lord Favre

Warning: Don't touch Lord Favre

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5767916

New England Patriots defensive lineman Myron Pryor has been fined $7,500 for a fourth-quarter hit that opened a cut on the chin of Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Pryor was not penalized on the play, which resulted in Favre getting 10 stitches and leaving the game.

Pryor told the Boston Herald earlier this week that his helmet "slid up into Favre's chin" after he first hit the quarterback in the chest.

He added: "You don't mean to hurt somebody. And when it happened, I didn't think I hit him hard enough to make him [injured]. But maybe just from the impact going to the ground and from me laying on top of him, that's what made the chin messed up."

The Patriots face the Cleveland Browns on Sunday in Cleveland.
    They need to put some flags around his waist so people won't have to hit him while trying to make a textbook tackle.

If you haven't seen the hit, you need to. This is absolutely absurd.

edit: The tackle was in his chest. The helmet was a good 6+ inches below his chin when the act of falling down cause their bodies to shift. When Favre hit the ground his head came forward and went into the top of Pryor's helmet. Pryor didn't drive him into the ground or his helmet into Favre's chin.
    Last edited by descendency; 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM.

• Nalej
    replied
    I second that motion for a third party

Leave a comment:

• DeathbyStat
    replied
    Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    yeah i saw that, this is ******* weak. Just put a god damn flag on the old fart. This was a clean hit.

I think Troy Polamalu's idea is the best solution for this. Get a group of retired players or something of that sort and have them form a group that will decide whether or not the hit was wreckless or not. I think former players/players would have a better idea of a players intent.
    I agree, have a third party come in and make the decisions

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
    Im assuming this. If theres a lockout I could see some things changing in the off year. I doubt it gets Goodell out but it could be a start?
    It'll never happen. The owners love him because he's their lapdog. It's why he got laughed out of the building when he held those "open forums" with the players during training camp.

Leave a comment:

• neko4
    replied
    Not that I agree with this fine, but why is everyone blaming Favre? Its not like he called Goodell and told him to the fine the guy. Assign blame to the correct person, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Bucs_Rule
    replied
    Goodell should be suspended for frivolous fines.

Leave a comment:

• Don Vito
    replied
    That's what he gets for trying to be a hardass with that 1960's chinstrap. I've been waiting for years to see him get a shot right there.

Leave a comment:

• Jvig43
    replied
    Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
    How long until Goodell is out? Hes all about cleaning up the image of the NFL, but really he's making it look like a league for pussies.

If they go to a lockout it's going to cost the NFL a lot of fans and money. There's already a growing discontent with the way the NFL is run, and a lockout could really do some damage.
    Im assuming this. If theres a lockout I could see some things changing in the off year. I doubt it gets Goodell out but it could be a start?

Leave a comment:

• Smooth Criminal
    replied
    How long until Goodell is out? Hes all about cleaning up the image of the NFL, but really he's making it look like a league for pussies.

If they go to a lockout it's going to cost the NFL a lot of fans and money. There's already a growing discontent with the way the NFL is run, and a lockout could really do some damage.

Leave a comment:

• General Zod
    replied
    Harvin and Childress get into at practice.

double post, please delete

Leave a comment:

• General Zod
    replied
    I'll be so glad when our season is over and Favre and Childress will be rotting far far away somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• yodabear
    replied
    U should be kicked out of the league for knocking Favre out of the game....for sure

Leave a comment:

• elway=goat
    replied
    It disgusts me how the league is turning into a giant ***** fest. I can not believe the way they baby the offense in general nowdays. You cant touch receivers, you cant touch qb's, you cant hit certain players to hard or its a fine. They are ruining the product, and I agree with polamalu, they need a commitee of former players along with NFL higher ups to judge these calls and rules, its BS.

Leave a comment:

• descendency
    replied
    Originally posted by gsorace View Post
    I would pay the fine in pennies
    Or Nets tickets. Whichever is lower.

Leave a comment:

• BeerBaron
    replied
    Originally posted by gsorace View Post
    I would pay the fine in pennies
    You would need 750000 pennies. I'd dump it right into the commissioners office.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information