Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who gets left out in the AFC Playoff Race?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they might as well call the AFC CG the Superbowl this year and the Superbowl the Pro Bowl and the Pro Bowl...well just don't play it because no one cares anyway

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I picked the Patriots. Why? Really, like most of my opinions, they have no backing, no facts to support it. My opinions are based on if I love them or I hate them. I hate the Patriots. That is all, the rest is detail.

Comment

Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
        I picked the Patriots. Why? Really, like most of my opinions, they have no backing, no facts to support it. My opinions are based on if I love them or I hate them. I hate the Patriots. That is all, the rest is detail.
        Sounds good to me!

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          they might as well call the AFC CG the Superbowl this year and the Superbowl the Pro Bowl and the Pro Bowl...well just don't play it because no one cares anyway
          Yet the Saints beat the Steelers last week, the Patriots lost to the Cleveland Browns while the Jets barely escaped with a win against the Lions and the Eagles beat the Colts.

Something tells me the AFC isn't as amazing as people are making it out to be.

Comment

The AFC playoffs are going to be amazing.

Any combination of matchups would be awesome because all those teams are very good.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Current AFC standings, with Pitt/Cincy left to play:

Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

While logic tells me that Rivers can't do it without Gates, and any team with a moderately capable pass defense will find a way to win. V. Jackson will be back in 3 weeks. At some point over the past 4 years, we've all counted the Chargers out when they started slow. They've got round 2 of their division games & the Colts as games they desperately need.

As of now, it looks like there will be an 11 win team that's watching TV in January. Sad part is the winner of the NFC West might only have 8 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by falloutboy14 View Post
                  While logic tells me that Rivers can't do it without Gates, and any team with a moderately capable pass defense will find a way to win. V. Jackson will be back in 3 weeks. At some point over the past 4 years, we've all counted the Chargers out when they started slow. They've got round 2 of their division games & the Colts as games they desperately need.

As of now, it looks like there will be an 11 win team that's watching TV in January. Sad part is the winner of the NFC West might only have 8 wins.
                  Gates, Naanee, and Floyd are back after the bye, and VJ the week after. We do need the division games, but all you have to do is look at those standings...it's not about 'oh the Chargers could still make it a race'...it is a race, right now. 1.5 back with a head to head still to come against KC and Oakland.

Comment

We really needed the game against the Raiders to keep a lead.. now the Raiders and Chargers have a very legitimate shot to make ground (not like they didn't before, but now it's closer)..

Boo!

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                      Current AFC standings, with Pitt/Cincy left to play:

I still have no idea how the **** Jacksonville is 4-4 with a point differential of -61. The only team they're ahead of is Buffalo, who is at -83.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        I still have no idea how the **** Jacksonville is 4-4 with a point differential of -61. The only team they're ahead of is Buffalo, who is at -83.
                        Not true! Look at Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          The Lions are 2-6 and have a +15 point differential, so they win in terms of weird ass differential.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                            Not true! Look at Denver.
                            Nice catch! Denver is a terrible -69. Wow.

They kinda get screwed because of that weird Raiders game, but the Broncos are a terrible football team.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              The Lions are 2-6 and have a +15 point differential, so they win in terms of weird ass differential.
                              That's what happens when you ****-kick the Rams then lose almost everything else.

Comment

Sadly, I have to go with the Patriots.

The offense is weak w/out Moss. Koppen & Neal are over the hill and averaging one "Olé" moment each per game and will eventually get Brady killed.

The defense is soft in the middle and will continue to be torched by good QBs. And, as we saw this week, is not stout enough against the run so they can be torched by good run teams, too.

So far this team has pushed it's way to the top in the scoring department without any consistency from the offense. Now that Moss is gone the open routes underneath are no longer open, the run is easier to stop, and the scores are hard to come by. With the special teams TDs disappearing this team is being exposed for what it is: a great QB, a great coach, and a whole bunch of young guys trying to find their way.

The amount of miscommunications in yesterday's game was staggering. Whether it was WR / RB / TE not on the same page with the QB or missed assigments in the blocking schemes, it was just atrocious to watch. Very much indicative of the mistakes you see with young teams.

With Pitt, NYJ, IND, GB & MIA still on the schedule plus good pass O's in BUF & DET we could see some more ugly games. If those ugly games come against the AFC teams it'll only make it tougher to get into the playoffs.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information