No announcement yet.

Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons. I think they've got the best situation to build upon (i.e. a massive head start) and Ryan seems to know exactly what he's doing at all times on the field.

Sanchez is probably my 2nd favorite, but not by much. I think all 3 of the big arm QB's (Flacco, Stafford, Freeman) will have bright futures, despite believing each one would be a bust when they were drafted.

My list would probably be:

1) Ryan
    2) Sanchez
    3) Flacco
    4) Freeman
    5) Bradford
    6) Stafford

I just realized Stafford is my least favorite and he has the most votes with 12.. so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about here :P
    Last edited by Bengalsrocket; 11-05-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Ryan will have the most success IMO.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Stafford was tempting, but he hasn't proved a whole lot yet and he seems to be quite fragile so I didn't go with him.

For me, this came down to Ryan, Freeman, and Bradford. Ryan hasn't 'wowed' me recently, but he is a solid QB and I can see him having long term success. Freeman just seems to have it. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben. He's been really good this year. Bradford, who I wasn't that high on in the draft, has blown me away with how he's done this year too. Wasn't expecting him to do well this early at all.
        I went with Freeman, but you could make a case for pretty much all of these guys.

Comment

Matt Ryan is the AJ Hawk of QBs.

Comment

Stafford. Dude is a manimal throwing to a meast.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

IMO:

1. Ryan
              2. Stafford
              3. Flacco
              4. Bradford
              5. Freeman
              6. Sanchez

Comment

I really haven't seen Ryan take that next major step in his progression from his rookie year yet and that really makes me wonder how much better he is really gonna get. Most of the other people on this list have all-pro potentital while I just don't see that in Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                  I really haven't seen Ryan take that next major step in his progression from his rookie year yet and that really makes me wonder how much better he is really gonna get. Most of the other people on this list have all-pro potentital while I just don't see that in Ryan
                  Meh, sounds like your a rival fan trying to bring him down. He's down everything asked of him this season. He's better than Hasselbeck, but he also isn't Peyton Manning. I would argue he does have All-Pro potential, because although he does not have the "elite" arm strength of some of these other guys, I think he understands the game better and is clutch as hell in the 4th quarter.

Comment

It's not even close for me.

Just. Winz. Gamez.

Comment

1. Sam Bradford
                      2. Matt Ryan
                      3. Josh Freeman
                      4. Mark Sanchez
                      5. Matthew Stafford
                      6. Joe Flacco

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                        Meh, sounds like your a rival fan trying to bring him down. He's down everything asked of him this season. He's better than Hasselbeck, but he also isn't Peyton Manning. I would argue he does have All-Pro potential, because although he does not have the "elite" arm strength of some of these other guys, I think he understands the game better and is clutch as hell in the 4th quarter.
                        and your post just seemed like a Falcons fan being a homer.

Not really. That has been a pretty standard criticism of Ryan since his second year, and I have heard tons of Falcons fans say it themselves. But if you are picking one guy how are you picking the guy who has way less potential, also there are a few clutch qbs on this list. Until I see him progress like a franchise QB should I fail to see how you take him number one overall.

Comment

Eh, I voted Stafford but it's so tough to guage because he hasn't played that much this season so I don't know if he has taken the next step, or if he's regressed really. Still I love his potential the most, I'm always looking for flashes in a young player and the way he tore his shoulder up in the Cleveland game and came back to throw that TD showed me he wasn't just another JAG at QB.

I have Freeman 2nd on the list, and he could easily be my #1, but it was a toss up between him and Stafford. Matt Ryan looks like his level is Matt Hassalback, Sanchez doesn't have the ceiling of Stafford and Freeman, Flacco is still erratic but he'd be 3rd on my list, and Bradford it's just way too early to tell.

I need to finish the season to seperate Stafford and Freeman, and I need to see Bradford's 2nd season to actually rank him properly.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Quick question: Would Stafford have all those votes if he didn't have 4 TDs last week in his first game back?
                            Last edited by V.I.P; 11-06-2010, 02:01 AM.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Matt Ryan has crazy potential. Certainly freeman is a little bit bigger and athletic and that offers him slightly more potential, but it's not like Matt Ryan is short or skinny. He's 6'4, 220 lbs officially -- Tom Brady is 6'4, 225 lbs officially. Matt Ryan still has potential to be an elite player guys.

Matt Ryan already is a better QB than Hasselbeck. He has a stronger arm, seems more accurate and is making better decisions with the ball. His first 2 seasons were better than Hasselbeck's (as a Seahawk - I'm not counting the 2 seasons he sat on the bench for GB) and this season is shaping up to be better than Hasselbeck's third.

Ryan is smart with the ball. He may never play risky enough to put up 40 touchdowns, but he also isn't going to give you a ton of interceptions. And lets not forget he has some pretty crazy 4th quarter games (which is 1 of the few reasons people are in love with Freeman right now, amongst other things).

Comment

1. Freeman - 135/224 (60.3%) for 1533 yards and 8 TDs/3 Ints; 25 carries for 176 yards and 12 1st Downs this year

Note: 5-2. Has rookies starting at Flanker, Split End and RB, LG. 1st year starter @ RT. Potential HOF at TE. Line has given up 16 sacks thus far. (I know sacks don't
                                paint the whole picture of how well the line is, just using it as a point of reference and for comparison's sake.)

2. Ryan - 156/252 (61.9%)for 1714 yards and 12 TDs/5 Ints; 25 carries for 64 yards and 5 1st Downs this year

Note: 5-2. Throwing to arguably the top WR in the NFL at this point. Has a HOF TE, and a strong running game. Line has given up 13 sacks thus far.

3. Flacco - 140/236 (59.3%) for 1651 yards and 10 TDs/6 Ints; 22 carries for 32 yards and 5 1st Downs (1 TD)this year

Note: 5-2. Has future HOF at both WR and TE, great running game and great line. 10 sacks thus far.

4. Stafford - 37/60 (61.7%) for 295 yards and 4TDs/1 Int; 0 carries for 0 yards and 0 1st Downs this year

Note: 1-1 in his starts this season. Playing with the one of NFL's top 2-3 WR. 1st RD TE. Line has given up 12 sacks so far.

5. Bradford - 171/292 (58.6%) for 1674 yards and 11 TDs/8 Ints; 16 carries for 22 yards and 1 1st Down this year

Note: 4-4. Playing with no one at WR or TE. Future HOF at RB. Potentially great young studs at both OTs. 17 Sacks given up so far.

6. Sanchez- 114/215 (53%) for 1356 yards and 9 TDs/4 Ints: 11 carries for 27 yards and 2 1st Downs this year.

Note: 5-2. Playing with HOF at RB, 2 former 1st rd WRs, young stud at TE. Probably the best O-line of the 6. 11 sacks all year.

I got to give it to my boy Freeman. He is doing the most with the hand dealt to him. I think Ryan was drafted into a great situation, same as Flacco and Sanchez. I think the fact that the Bucs would have nothing close to the record they have now with out Free speaks volumes about how good he is. Can't give enough props to Bradford, because I didn't think he would be this good at all, let alone this early.

Would Ryan and Flacco be able to win with this Bucs squad?
                                Last edited by bullg8rdaddy; 11-06-2010, 03:48 AM.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information