Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
    Not sure if serious about the Stafford part. Calvin Johnson is an absolute freak, one of the top 3 receivers in the NFL imo, and Pettigrew has to potential to be a stud in the future.

Also, I think Mark Sanchez may actually have the best supporting cast of any of these QBs. Has one of the top running games in the NFL, an outstanding offensive line, a great young tight end in Dustin Keller, and three good receivers in Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Jerricho Cotchery.
    I was being sarcastic because the guy was acting like Mark Sanchez was the only QB throwing to great players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
      So were Roddy white, Boldin, Calvin Johnson, Tony G, Mason, and the rest
      Agreed. 10char

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        79.01% them.

12.43% him.

2.34% Rex Ryan's gut.

1.08% hot dogs.

.35% Broadway shows.

It's a team sport. He's getting them the ball and they're making plays. It's extremely difficult to critique someone effectively when your using the fine play of those around him as evidence of why he's not that good (when one of the traits of a good QB is elevating the play of those around you).

Sanchez isn't going anywhere. In the near future, he's always going to have a good defense, he's always going to have a good line, and he's (most likely) always going to have Keller/Holmes/Cotch/Smith as weaponry. Judge him based on what he does in real life, not what you think he'd do in some alternate reality.
        You are way underestimating Ryan's Gut, Hot Dogs, and Broadway Shows. I mean let's be serious, have you seen Cats? That's good for a couple of turnovers a game.
        "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

• I'm just glad that the Ravens have a franchise QB. A team can win with anyone of these guys when they are on the field.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

• Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
            I'm pretty sure anyone would take snowy, and traditionally bad Buffalo Bills team, over playing Pittsburgh twice a year.
            And I would rather play Cleveland then take on Belichick and his Pats over the years.

Really Bradford's division is so bad, that even with the cast that he has, it gets hidden up with facing 3 teams that really aren't good on defense. I still like him a lot but you can't tell me that the NFC West is any good at all.

I just don't get how Sanchez is deemed horrible and the worst of the 6. Maybe its because I see him every week and am impressed by him alot of the time. I mean the guy had like 12 career starts in 1 year after sitting at USC before being drafted to the NFL? Bradford had 3x that many starts at OU? Stafford? Freeman? Flacco? The senior QB Ryan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post

Really Bradford's division is so bad, that even with the cast that he has, it gets hidden up with facing 3 teams that really aren't good on defense. I still like him a lot but you can't tell me that the NFC West is any good at all.
              But Bradford's been playing well against teams outside his division too, like Atlanta this past weekend and San Diego a few weeks back. Though it's not the leagues strongest division by any means, Bradford has had a lot of success against the NFC South.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
                I just don't get how Sanchez is deemed horrible and the worst of the 6. Maybe its because I see him every week and am impressed by him alot of the time. I mean the guy had like 12 career starts in 1 year after sitting at USC before being drafted to the NFL? Bradford had 3x that many starts at OU? Stafford? Freeman? Flacco? The senior QB Ryan?
                It's because Sanchez went to USC and plays in New York.

If Sanchez went to Oregon State and played for the Jaguars, he'd be at least #3 in the voting probably.
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• Where is Rusty Smith on this poll

Comment

• Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                    It's because Sanchez went to USC and plays in New York.

If Sanchez went to Oregon State and played for the Jaguars, he'd be at least #3 in the voting probably.
                    Evry1 jus h8z on teh Trojanzzzz!!!11

Just stop it. People on here still think Matt Leinart is good.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

He never got a real shot!

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post

That's totally besides the point, but who still thinks Leinart is good?

In the draft process there was a lot of "hell, even I could throw for X amount of yards at USC". Alot of people downgrade USC QB's by association so don't act like it's a totally baseless argument.
                        aka KGB Chicken

Comment

• Mark Sanchez has been ballin the past 4 weeks.

In fact, if I remember correctly, Sanchez has thrown for more yards than any other qb in the league over the past 4 weeks.

And he's shown his clutchness along the way, coming up with several key plays to win close games in the final seconds or overtime.

Let's give the guy his due. If we're going to kill him every time he makes a bad play, let's give him his props when he plays well.

Comment

• I don't think it has anything to do with him coming from USC.

What i DO think the hate comes from though, is how much the media hyped him up during the draft process AND how much media exposure he's getting while performing on par with or even less than the aforementioned 5 other guys.

people on this board hate that.

Comment

• There are many teams that would love to have anybody on this list. I can think of 11 who probably wouldn't. Probably these wouldn't:

Indy
                              NE
                              NYG
                              SD
                              Pitts
                              GB
                              NO
                              Texans
                              Philly
                              Bears
                              Cowboys

Teams that would kill for anyone of those:

Raiders
                              Chiefs
                              Broncos
                              Seahawks
                              49ers
                              Bengals
                              Browns
                              Titans
                              Redskins
                              Jags
                              Bills
                              Cards
                              Fins
                              Vikes
                              Panthers

Comment

• I'm starting to think Matt Ryan is one of the more underrated QBs in the league. I'd change my vote from Bradford to him if I could.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information