Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Draft King View Post
    I'm just interested as a division rival what you think of Matt Ryan. Maybe this would be easier for you after next week when we play you guys but I guess you can go off of what you have seen so far.
    Sadly my opinion is probably not worth as much as you'd think because I simply haven't seen Ryan that much outside of the normal national coverage and the 2 Panther games every year. For some reason I've seen more of Freeman recently.

With that said, I think Ryan is awesome. That garbage people started about him reaching his ceiling was just that. He can make all the throws (and has had to make some very difficult ones - going all the way back to his college years), he has great pocket mobility and most importantly his team believes in him. Now, he still has fits of inconsistency and Roddy White becoming one of the best WRs in the NFL has helped him a lot. Overall, I think he's similar in value to Eli and can maybe be more. Don't think he has Brady upside in him like some suggest, but you never know. I would kill for a guy like him on the Panthers. This franchise has never had someone that good

Short summary:

Can you win a SB with him? Yes
    Can he single-handedly make a smaller market team a top prime time attraction? Unsure - leaning towards no
    Is he better than Joe Flacco? Hell yes

Comment

• Awesome showing by Sanchez tonight.

Comment

• When it comes to the young guns like Bradford, Ryan, Freeman, Flacco, Stafford, and Sanchez; you have to remember one thing: There is a difference in experience.

Matt Ryan struggled a bit in his 2nd season and has really hit his stride in his 3rd season as a pro in becoming an elite QB. Flacco didn't struggle in his 2nd sophmore year, but has vastly improved this year in making his team a legitimate super bowl contender also.

Freeman, Sanchez, and Stafford are both in their 2nd years. From what I see from Sanchez, I honestly don't think he will be better than Stafford and Freeman. He has the makings to be a franchise qb as he is a great leader and work ethic, but I think he benefits too much from all the veteran experience surrounding him. Not saying he won't be a good QB, but I think the other 2 will be considered top 10 qb's some day and he might be an above average starter (Eli Manning). If Stafford can stay on the field, this guy can be dynamite. The Lions would have been a completely different team this year if he didn't miss so much time. Only concern I have with him is why is he so fragile? Freeman, as a Bucs fan, I couldn't be more happy to have him as our QB. He's taken major steps as he was considered as a raw prospect coming out. What he is doing with a bunch of rookie's surrounding him as a 2nd year pro and putting his team on his back pretty much says something. I just can't wait to see how much better he'l be when these young guys start to gain more and experience and develop in the next few years.

I knew Sam Bradford would be good, but I didn't think he'd have this type of season. I don't have his current stats in front of me, but I know they are fantastic for a rookie and probably best rookie qb since Dan Marino. He's accurate, smart, has great arm strength and most of all, he's picked up the NFL game quickly coming from the spread in college. Get this guy some weapons and he will really be great.

To rank them now:
        1. Ryan
        2. Flacco
        3. Freeman
        4. Bradford
        5. Sanchez
        6. Stafford (bc he can't stay healthy)

3-4 years from now:
        1. Ryan
        2. Bradford
        3. Stafford (If he can stay healthy)
        4. Freeman
        5. Flacco
        6. Sanchez

Comment

• Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
          When it comes to the young guns like Bradford, Ryan, Freeman, Flacco, Stafford, and Sanchez; you have to remember one thing: There is a difference in experience.

Matt Ryan struggled a bit in his 2nd season and has really hit his stride in his 3rd season as a pro in becoming an elite QB. Flacco didn't struggle in his 2nd sophmore year, but has vastly improved this year in making his team a legitimate super bowl contender also.

Freeman, Sanchez, and Stafford are both in their 2nd years. From what I see from Sanchez, I honestly don't think he will be better than Stafford and Freeman. He has the makings to be a franchise qb as he is a great leader and work ethic, but I think he benefits too much from all the veteran experience surrounding him. Not saying he won't be a good QB, but I think the other 2 will be considered top 10 qb's some day and he might be an above average starter (Eli Manning). If Stafford can stay on the field, this guy can be dynamite. The Lions would have been a completely different team this year if he didn't miss so much time. Only concern I have with him is why is he so fragile? Freeman, as a Bucs fan, I couldn't be more happy to have him as our QB. He's taken major steps as he was considered as a raw prospect coming out. What he is doing with a bunch of rookie's surrounding him as a 2nd year pro and putting his team on his back pretty much says something. I just can't wait to see how much better he'l be when these young guys start to gain more and experience and develop in the next few years.

I knew Sam Bradford would be good, but I didn't think he'd have this type of season. I don't have his current stats in front of me, but I know they are fantastic for a rookie and probably best rookie qb since Dan Marino. He's accurate, smart, has great arm strength and most of all, he's picked up the NFL game quickly coming from the spread in college. Get this guy some weapons and he will really be great.

To rank them now:
          1. Ryan
          2. Flacco
          3. Freeman
          4. Bradford
          5. Sanchez
          6. Stafford (bc he can't stay healthy)

3-4 years from now:
          1. Ryan
          2. Bradford
          3. Stafford (If he can stay healthy)
          4. Freeman
          5. Flacco
          6. Sanchez
          I would rank them the same, with the exception of Flacco & Freeman. I'd put Flacco above him.
          And Stafford is either going to fizzle out with the injuries, or he's gonna stay healthy finally and then I might challenge Ryan & Bradford for #1, considering Megatron there will help him rack up big stats in a windless climate.

I think Sanchez has cemented his position there at the bottom, and I suspect there are Browns fans who believe Colt McCoy clearly deserves to be mentioned above the charismatic model.

Comment

• Young QB's

1. Bradford
            2. Stafford
            3. Sanchez
            4. Freeman
            5. Ryan
            6. Flacco

The reason I place Bradford at #1 is because all 5 other QB's have a far better wideout core. I would hate to see what Bradford could have done if they would have gotten Moss off waivers or possibly picked up someone in the upcoming draft. I don't really think Flacco belongs on this list I feel like he is a product of the system built around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by apollosraiders View Post
              Young QB's

1. Bradford
              2. Stafford
              3. Sanchez
              4. Freeman
              5. Ryan
              6. Flacco

The reason I place Bradford at #1 is because all 5 other QB's have a far better wideout core. I would hate to see what Bradford could have done if they would have gotten Moss off waivers or possibly picked up someone in the upcoming draft. I don't really think Flacco belongs on this list I feel like he is a product of the system built around him.
              I wanted to give you + rep because I see someone dinged you already for your first post, but having Matt Ryan at #5 and Sanchez #3... I can't +rep that. Hard to argue about Sam Bradford though, with that cast or receivers in St Louis.

Comment

• Any changes?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

• As the season went on I became higher and higher on Freeman. He has shown good composure and some of the best physical tools out of this group. I really like what I see in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                    As the season went on I became higher and higher on Freeman. He has shown good composure and some of the best physical tools out of this group. I really like what I see in him.
                    I'm telling you guys, the more you watch him, the more you will fall in love with him. Dude is an absolute stud. He has the best physical skillset of all NFL quarterbacks and hasn't even started scratching the surface of what he's capable of.

Comment

• Let's see Freeman do it again. Impressive year, but I will be interested to see if he (that whole team really) is capable of doing it again.

I think he and Ryan really separated themselves from this pack this year though. *Prepares for Flacco's QB rating to be posted*

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        Let's see Freeman do it again. Impressive year, but I will be interested to see if he (that whole team really) is capable of doing it again.

I think he and Ryan really separated themselves from this pack this year though. *Prepares for Flacco's QB rating to be posted*
                        As much as I disagree with you on most things, it's very true that Freeman and Ryan should both be at the top of this list. Bradford could very easily be number 1 though when he gets some weapons at WR though. Right now, here is my list:
                        1. Ryan
                        2. Freeman
                        3. Bradford
                        4. Flacco
                        5. Stafford (due to injury)
                        6. Sanchez

Comment

• 1. FREESUS Compare Ryan's 2nd season to Josh's 2010.
                          Also, Josh's last four games:

78 of 109 (71.6% ) for 1009 yards 9 TDs and 0 INTs for a rating of 127.8

2. Ryan
                          3. Bradford Special talent. Can't wait to see him in 2011 with Blackman at WR.
                          4. Stafford Still waiting for him to finish a season. Love his physical ability.
                          5. Flacco Honestly think he's a little overrated.
                          6. Sanchez Over-rated! CLAP-CLAP! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

• Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                            1. FREESUS Compare Ryan's 2nd season to Josh's 2010.

Matt Ryan was hurt last season.

Comment

• I'm warming up to Freeman. I still haven't seen him play (i need to see a Tampa game on national TV please), but you can't deny what he's done.

I still like Bradford the best moving forward. I think Sanchez isn't getting enough love quite frankly. It makes no sense to rate Stafford ahead of him at this point.

What the hell has Stafford done? Let's be real, seriously, what has he done?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                                Let's see Freeman do it again. Impressive year, but I will be interested to see if he (that whole team really) is capable of doing it again.

I wouldnt say they are really ahead of the group though. It woulnt shock me if any qb became the best out of this group. Flacco is slightly better then Ryan statistically this season. Ryan has a better INT ratio but that is it. What Ryan has on Flacco is consistency in the clutch. Flacco through the past 2 years flacco has had great moments in the clutch. But He also has times when he hasnt come through. We will see how Flacco progresses if/when Cameron leaves. Cameron is hurting him IMO. Cameron is an arrogant douche (what kind of NFL OC wouldnt let his QB make a ******* audible) and has terrible play calls, and has not made a single in game adjustment all season. Right now Id give the a slight edge to Ryan, but I havent counted Flacco out yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information