No announcement yet.

Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, Matt Ryan was never asked to put a team on his back and carry an offense the way Freeman has. Freeman finally got a running game in the 6th game of the season this year and he is even more dangerous. Yeah this is coming from a Bucs fan, but honestly, any one who watches him and knows football would have to agree that the ceiling is alot higher for Freeman than Matt Ryan.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
      Winning a Super Bowl does not prove you are a better QB. Look at Trent Dilfer. Brad Johnson. How about Eli Manning? Basically your saying these 3 guys are better qb's than the likes of a guy, say Dan Marino, based on they won championships?

Listen, Matt Ryan is a great QB, but honestly, when Michael Turner has a bad game or defenses contain him (hence the NO monday night game and Ryan's Sophomore season) he struggled when he put his team on his back. Yes he is money in the 4th quarter most of the time and that is why he will be a top 5 QB in this league.

No offense to Falcon fans, but I just don't see them making/winning the super bowl. I'll eat my words if either happen, but I see the Saints, Packers, and Eagles beating them if they meet in the NFC Champ Game.
      Oh no, don't get me wrong. I do not mean to insinuate that winning a Super Bowl will somehow magically transform Ryan into a top 5 QB. If he gets carried to the Superbowl and doesn't play well, I will say it. But if he plays well on his road to the Superbowl, and in that game, then you have to admit that would make him a "greater QB" in terms of success. And I don't think the road to the Superbowl will be easy either, we will not make it there just like that. We have a shot, just like every other team.

Comment

• If the Panthers draft Andrew Luck, can you just imagine the NFC South for the next 5-10 years?

Ryan, Brees, Freeman, and Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
          Ryan chucking it up and letting the best receiver and TE in the division bail him out again and again isn't going to change my mind, after Freeman has commanded a bunch of wet behind the ears rookies and no name guys all season.
          That's fine if you have your decision made, but I do believe you should watch more closely. Tony Gonzalez made the Pro Bowl on name recognition only this past season, he is a shadow of his former self. He is still a good player, but I'd rank KW2, and maybe even Jeremy Shockey ahead of him at this point. You're right, Roddy is a beast, but that doesn't diminish what Ryan has done. Jenkins is pretty much a bum most of the time, save a couple games, Finneran is garbage, and Harry Douglas has disappointed coming back from injury.

Comment

• Freeman already has a better statistical output than Ryan in most categories, and with arguably a worse supporting cast. Can't say I know a lot about the Falcons offensive line, though.

Freeman has thrown less interceptions, but Ryan has almost 100 more attempts than Freeman does. Still, 474 passes by Freeman with only six picks - don't think that number goes much higher with 100 more throws.

Ryan has him beat slightly by completion percentage, but Freeman has a higher YPA by almost a full point. Here's a stat for you - in passes between 20-30 yards, Freeman has a 64.5 completion percentage to Ryan's 57.4. Quite the number.

And Freeman's clutch - with the exception of the Grimes pick that sealed the deal for Atlanta a few weeks ago.
            Just play me, baby

Comment

• Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
              Freeman already has a better statistical output than Ryan in most categories, and with arguably a worse supporting cast. Can't say I know a lot about the Falcons offensive line, though.

Freeman has thrown less interceptions, but Ryan has almost 100 more attempts than Freeman does. Still, 474 passes by Freeman with only six picks - don't think that number goes much higher with 100 more throws.

Ryan has him beat slightly by completion percentage, but Freeman has a higher YPA by almost a full point. Here's a stat for you - in passes between 20-30 yards, Freeman has a 64.5 completion percentage to Ryan's 57.4. Quite the number.

And Freeman's clutch - with the exception of the Grimes pick that sealed the deal for Atlanta a few weeks ago.
              Matt Ryan is clutch himself, hence the nickname Matty Ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
                Matt Ryan is clutch himself, hence the nickname Matty Ice.
                Very true, I wasn't taking anything away from Ryan with that note. Just informing people that Freeman has the clutch factor too.
                Just play me, baby

Comment

• Ryan isn't my favorite QB out of this group but he sure does get trashed alot for such a good young QB. None of these guys are perfect, and listening to some speak on these boards if you don't throw 4k yards, 30 TD's and less then 10 picks your not good enough. The only guy IMO who isn't gonna be on par with the rest of these guys careers is Mark Sanchez.

Every single other guy could end up a top 10 QB at some point in their career, but Ryan really doesn't get much respect but I guess he doesn't have a big arm or do it the flashy way.

"Chucking it up and letting the best WR and TE bail him out"? Yea, because Gonzo is totally the type of player right now who would bail out a QB. If your #1 WR was as good as Roddy White and you had the lovely Michael Jenkins as your #2 who would you be throwing to? Maybe he should stop throwing to Roddy who is open 97% of the time and throw to Jenkins who outside of blocking is useless.

He's made some very clutch plays when they needed him to, with accurate and precise throws. Why the hate? I don't think he's better then Freeman personally but I know most teams would kill for a QB of his caliber, and quite honestly if they had a guy like Sproles, or a slot WR, or a #2 WR that could open up that offense you might see his stats get even better, which by the way is remarkable for what he has to work with.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                    Freeman already has a better statistical output than Ryan in most categories, and with arguably a worse supporting cast. Can't say I know a lot about the Falcons offensive line, though.

I don't disagree with most of this. Freeman obviously has a stronger arm than Ryan, and that is part of the reason people will always say he was the higher ceiling (the other being his size and mobility). The YPA part I explained in the other thread, we never really go deep or for YAC, we are a possession team, and that is what Mike Mularkey asked Ryan to do this season. We would run the ball a couple times, put Ryan in a 3rd and like 7 half the time, and he would get the job done. We would go ten yards at a time and hold on to the ball for a very high percentage of the game. We will see if Ryan gets the chance to spread the ball around more next season, as it is looking more and more like Mularkey may be leaving for a HC position. There is no doubt in my mind that Ryan could have a much YPA had he been asked to do different things out there. He just seems to always clutch it out when we need it on these 3rd downs, and pretty much whenever we are down in the 4th quarter. The thing is, what our offense does works, it isn't sexy but we grind the clock out and it gets the job done as the team finished 13-3.

Comment

• Freeman has really won me over this year. I didn't think he could be this good, much less so soon.

Comment

• They should throw to Roddy White all the time, but we shouldn't have to hear everyone suck his **** when the receiver does the difficult part, gets wacked, and hangs on no matter what.

Freeman did it with a lot less, and is the same age Ryan was when he was throwing 20 picks in college.

I didn't think Freeman would be a stud QB, but he's already carrying an offense as a pup with raw ability.

Ryan is polished, and hasn't changed all that much as a player other than minor tweaks, he's still not scary to face at all, above average, but not awe inspiring.

As for not having 30 tds and 4000 yards as a young player, when you are called the next Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, I expect a lot more, sue me.
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• It's a little early to judge Bradford and Stafford, but right now it's Freeman and it's not even that close.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            It's a little early to judge Bradford and Stafford, but right now it's Freeman and it's not even that close.
                            I like this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                              Ryan is polished, and hasn't changed all that much as a player other than minor tweaks, he's still not scary to face at all, above average, but not awe inspiring.

As for not having 30 tds and 4000 yards as a young player, when you are called the next Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, I expect a lot more, sue me.
                              Bingo. Now that Favre is gone, Matt Ryan is the new most overrated QB in football. He's well-suited for their conservative offensive, but that doesn't make him an elite player.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                                I like this guy.
                                Me too. lol

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information