No announcement yet.

Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Lee is in his 3rd year and I wish K2 was a potential HOF TE!!!!

Comment

My bad. I will fix that. Meant to say 1st year starter at RT.

K2 will get there, bro. Trust me.

But do you agree with my rationale and post all together? (Bias aside?)

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
          My bad. I will fix that. Meant to say 1st year starter at RT.

K2 will get there, bro. Trust me.

But do you agree with my rationale and post all together? (Bias aside?)
          Other than bumping Stafford up a few spots it's the same list I had. Freeman love :D

Comment

Wow, very dominant performance here for Stafford, and a pathetic result from Sanchez.
            Interesting right there in that they (Sanchez vs Stafford) face off against each other tomorrow in the Ford Field Dome in Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
              and your post just seemed like a Falcons fan being a homer.

Not really. That has been a pretty standard criticism of Ryan since his second year, and I have heard tons of Falcons fans say it themselves. But if you are picking one guy how are you picking the guy who has way less potential, also there are a few clutch qbs on this list. Until I see him progress like a franchise QB should I fail to see how you take him number one overall.

I guess everyone just can't be Josh Freeman with his dominant quarterback play.

Comment

I'm a Bradford fan. Bradford was my highest rated qb since Eli Manning. I liked him that much.

Based on my ratings coming out of the draft I had them:

1. Bradford
                2. Flacco
                3. Sanchez
                4. Stafford
                5. Ryan
                6. Freeman

Some of you may remember that I hated Ryan coming out, and did not like Freeman either. So far I've been wrong on those 2 guys.

But I'm sticking with my guns on Bradford. He's going to be a stud, and I had no doubt in my mind he would become one as long as he was healthy.

Comment

I'm not sure how Henne would miss the cut, but you'd have Sanchez on here. Sanchez has a better team (although their overall records as starters are almost identical despite Sanchez playing for the better team), but Henne has the better numbers. Overall I'll take Stafford for the long term. For comparison.

Chad Henne
                  Season: 4-3, 154/243 (63.4%), 1,669 yards, 8 TD's/7 INT's
                  Overall: 11-9, 435/706 (61.6%), 4,614 yards, 20 TD's/21 INT's

Mark Sanchez
                  Season: 5-2, 114/215 (53.0%), 1,356 yards, 9 TD's/4 INT's
                  Overall: 13-9, 310/579 (53.5%), 3,800 yards, 21 TD's/24 INT's

And the rest:

Joe Flacco
                  Season: 5-2, 140/236 (59.3%), 1,651 yards, 10 TD's/6 INT's
                  Overall: 25-14, 712/1163 (61.2%), 8,235 yards, 45 TD's/30 INT's

Matt Ryan
                  Season: 5-2, 156/252 (61.9%), 1,714 yards, 12 TD's/5 INT's
                  Overall: 25-12, 684/1137 (60.2%), 8,070 yards, 50 TD's/30 INT's

Matthew Stafford
                  Season: 1-1, 37/60 (61.7%), 295 yards, 4 TD's/1 INT
                  Overall: 3-9, 238/437 (54.5%), 2,562 yards, 17 TD's/21 INT's

Josh Freeman
                  Season: 5-2, 135/224 (60.3%), 1,533 yards, 8 TD's/3 INT's
                  Overall: 8-8, 293/514 (57.0%), 3,388 yards, 18 TD's/21 INT's

Sam Bradford
                  Season:4-4, 171/292 (58.6%), 1,674 yards, 11 TD's/8 INT's

I'm positive that record for Bradford is wrong, but I couldn't remember what games he actually started this year. If someone can correct me, much appreciated.

Originally posted by Jakey
                  WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                    I'm not sure how Henne would miss the cut, but you'd have Sanchez on here. Sanchez has a better team....
                    That's it right there.
                    I'm no fan of Sanchez as you can tell by that Sanchez thread I started in August. But he helped guide his team to the AFC Title game last year as a rookie with a nice playoff performance.

I doubt your records above factored those playoff wins into the record you posted, but I did.

Anyway, I wanted to leave it at 6, and the 2 playoff wins as a rookie were more than enough IMO to move Sanchez above Henne. Plus Sanchez has more charisma.

Write-in votes are allowed though.

Comment

I voted Bradford because I want to see Stafford not get hurt.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I took Stafford, now I sorta think he is overrated by some, because we havent seen a whole lot from him. He still hasnt proven he can stay healthy or be consistant.

However, the flashes he has showin especially in the Browns game, makes me think I dont want to bet against him.

for me..

Stafford
                        Ryan(safest pick)
                        Flacco
                        Freeman
                        Bradford(capt checkdown)
                        Sanchez(sucks, gets protected by the best running game in football)
                        bill belichick quote:
                        stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Comment

Did you really say that K2 was a potential HOFer and that Todd Heap was a future HOFer?

I stopped reading then.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            Did you really say that K2 was a potential HOFer and that Todd Heap was a future HOFer?

I stopped reading then.
                            I'm so sorry vidae.

Comment

Kinda interesting the guy with the 25-12 record (Ryan) isn't known for being able to "JUST WINZ GAMEZ!!!!!one!" like Freeman has in his half of a good year.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                                Kinda interesting the guy with the 25-12 record (Ryan) isn't known for being able to "JUST WINZ GAMEZ!!!!!one!" like Freeman has in his half of a good year.
                                This. Bucs fans are overreacting huge to this Freeman business. He helped them beat some ****** teams but they got absolutely stomped by the real contenders. The kid has shown some flashes, but for my money I think Stafford has shown much more ability when he's been healthy. As far as just winning games, Flacco and Ryan and even Bradford to an extent have done the exact same stuff Freeman is doing now. I wasn't a big Freeman fan coming out and I certainly wasn't a Flacco fan either. As prospects, I would have rated them

1. Bradford
                                2. Stafford
                                3. Ryan
                                4. Flacco
                                5. Freeman
                                6. Sanchez

After seeing them in the pros, and in their respective environments, I think success will end up something like

1. Flacco
                                2. Stafford
                                3. Ryan
                                4. Bradford
                                5. Sanchez
                                6. Freeman
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information