Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Question. What if Sanchez beats the Colts? What do we make of him?

For the record, Sanchez has accomplished more than any of these guys, yet he's the consensus worst qb of the bunch, which I find very odd. I mean, come on, we're giving Stafford more credit and his signature game is a day when he blew out his shoulder and scored points vs a horrible Browns team. Wtf?

And if anyone here says that Sanchez just benefits from the team around him, then I question how much of the Jets you actually see. This Jets team is severely overrated talent wise.

Not to mention Sanchez has had plenty of signature come from behind wins of his own that nobody is acknowledging.

I honestly don't see much of a difference between Sanchez and Flacco's career path so far, yet we all want to burn Sanchez.

I think if he does well in the playoffs this year, then he can't be ignored any longer. He's not a scrub like everyone says he is. He's still ahead of schedule in his development.
    I could understand why it might be baffling to some that Matthew Stafford is considered to be the better quarterback over Mark Sanchez, clearly Mark has had much more success in terms of winning football games and played well during the playoffs last season.

What I have yet to see from Mark Sanchez however is that ability to be utterly indefensible when he's hot; I've never really felt confident in him as a franchise quarterback, one of those elite guys. Despite the fact that Stafford has been injured a lot I think individually he's managed to show that potential.

You're right though, people do tend to focus a little too much on the things that Sanchez does wrong as opposed to the things he does right. I guess that much is to be expected when you play in that market .
    "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
    17/10/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
      I could understand why it might be baffling to some that Matthew Stafford is considered to be the better quarterback over Mark Sanchez, clearly Mark has had much more success in terms of winning football games and played well during the playoffs last season.

What I have yet to see from Mark Sanchez however is that ability to be utterly indefensible when he's hot; I've never really felt confident in him as a franchise quarterback, one of those elite guys. Despite the fact that Stafford has been injured a lot I think individually he's managed to show that potential.

You're right though, people do tend to focus a little too much on the things that Sanchez does wrong as opposed to the things he does right. I guess that much is to be expected when you play in that market .
      He was on fire vs the Bears right up until that interception. Which really wasn't that bad, he had 50 seconds to move down the field with no timeouts, he had to force something.

I just think Mark has developed a perception that will become hard for people to overcome, bc it's so engrained into his public perception as a qb.

He's had plenty of games where he was lights out. In fact, I bet he's had more of those games than Stafford has. In fact I'm almost sure of it.

Comment

For the record, Sanchez has accomplished more than any of these guys, yet he's the consensus worst qb of the bunch, which I find very odd. I mean, come on, we're giving Stafford more credit and his signature game is a day when he blew out his shoulder and scored points vs a horrible Browns team. Wtf?

And if anyone here says that Sanchez just benefits from the team around him, then I question how much of the Jets you actually see. This Jets team is severely overrated talent wise.

Not to mention Sanchez has had plenty of signature come from behind wins of his own that nobody is acknowledging.

I honestly don't see much of a difference between Sanchez and Flacco's career path so far, yet we all want to burn Sanchez.

I think if he does well in the playoffs this year, then he can't be ignored any longer. He's not a scrub like everyone says he is. He's still ahead of schedule in his development.
        Sanchez is treated that way even amongst Jets fans...you should see how long a Josh Freeman thread can last amongst Jets fans or how many fans cling to the Lewin numbers...meanwhile Sanchez prepares to be in the playoffs for his 2nd year in a row and he's a big time breakout candidate in Year 3.

My relationship with Sanchez has been weird...I loved him as a prospect and thought he was the best one at USC since Palmer...then he got drafted by the Jets and I was a happy guy...then he was all crappy as a rookie so I was all man he's garbage...then his sophomore year I treated him like garbage because he was garbage as a rookie and holding us down...now he's playing like a man and doing man things like running a real offense (not this run the ball then throw deep stuff we had to do when he sucked)....but no one likes him.

Comment

He was on fire vs the Bears right up until that interception. Which really wasn't that bad, he had 50 seconds to move down the field with no timeouts, he had to force something.

I just think Mark has developed a perception that will become hard for people to overcome, bc it's so engrained into his public perception as a qb.

He's had plenty of games where he was lights out. In fact, I bet he's had more of those games than Stafford has. In fact I'm almost sure of it.
          I think Rex might have gone overboard with his attempts to create a swagger around the Jets team and the names they've brought in have taken away from what Sanchez is doing at the quarterback position.

Without a doubt there is something of a perception amongst fans and the media that Mark Sanchez doesn't carry the team at all like some other quarterbacks, if anything you hear more about him holding them back.

Which of the two quarterbacks would you rather have?
          "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
          17/10/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CameronCropper View Post
            I think Rex might have gone overboard with his attempts to create a swagger around the Jets team and the names they've brought in have taken away from what Sanchez is doing at the quarterback position.

Without a doubt there is something of a perception amongst fans and the media that Mark Sanchez doesn't carry the team at all like some other quarterbacks, if anything you hear more about him holding them back.

Which of the two quarterbacks would you rather have?
            Honestly, I don't know yet. We haven't seen enough of Stafford.

For what it's worth, I liked Sanchez more coming out. So perhaps I do have my own bias in this argument. But I'm sure we all do.

Comment

Flacco is the most over rated one of them all, he has done nothing in the playoffs at all. He has 2 games where he had a QB rating uder 20 and 2 games with a ratinf under 66. He has yet to pass for 200 and has thrown one TD but he is rated higher than Sanchez by most because he has a stronger arm and is tall or something. Sanchez played great against the colts and above average for a rookie in his 1st playoff game against the bengals.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNFmF9DcZ1k

/shrugs

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

• Well....these pants are spoiled.

At least I have fap material till next year

Comment

• My main problem with Sanchez, and it doesn't count with most other people, but it does me, is that I hear from his supporters "he's cut down the big mistakes". Christ that's the best thing you can say for him. However, I've sat and watched him throw countless ints this year that the defense dropped. Late in games vs Miami and Cleveland that would have sealed their fate and kept them out of the playofs. Its a simple variable really. He threw, idk 15 ints that counted? I won't even go into the # I saw dropped this year. Add them up...saying he's a great QB and has "cut down the big mistake" is a mirage and a product of guys like Jason Allen and Abram Elam dropping their gifts. Not to mention those 2 games alone that he handed Miami and Cleveland would have sealed their playoff fate. I take that into consideration. He had a very very fortunate season, to say the least. If I watch the Jets next year and I see him actually cut down on throwing the ball to the other guy, dropped or otherwise, I will most definently say he's developed.

Comment

• According to Football Outsiders, Sanchez had 13 dropped interceptions through week 14, which led the NFL. So what you saw was hardly a mirage.

Compare that to Eli, who had 2 dropped picks. Sanchez really shouldn't be praised for protecting the ball.
                      Last edited by Basileus777; 01-08-2011, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                        According to Football Outsiders, Sanchez had 13 dropped interceptions through week 14, which led the NFL. So what you saw was hardly a mirage.

Compare that to Eli, who had 2 dropped picks. Sanchez really shouldn't be praised by protecting the ball.
                        Thank you.

Comment

• People forget that Sanchez is still very, very, very young.

Anyway, I love this debate and tomorrow/Sunday will be another chance for Sanchez and Flacco to state their case on this list. After all, playoff games are one of the best tools for judgment.
                          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Right now I would rank em...

1. Matt Ryan
                            2. Josh Freeman
                            3. Sam Bradford
                            4. Joe Flacco
                            4. Mark Sanchez
                            5. Matthew Stafford

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                              People forget that Sanchez is still very, very, very young.

Anyway, I love this debate and tomorrow/Sunday will be another chance for Sanchez and Flacco to state their case on this list. After all, playoff games are one of the best tools for judgment.
                              Aren't they all still young? hints the thread title.

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                                Aren't they all still young? hints the thread title.
                                Yeah, but Sanchez is youngerer... So you can't blame him for most of his mistakes, sense the others have been in the league sooo much longer...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information