Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    After seeing them in the pros, and in their respective environments, I think success will end up something like

1. Flacco
    2. Stafford
    3. Ryan
    4. Bradford
    5. Sanchez
    6. Freeman
    Too bad Boller isn't an available choice, because then he would definately be at the top of that list.

Comment

Honestly, it is a toss up. Freeman has the potential to be better than all of them (his ceiling is that high!) But honestly, you can't go wrong with any one of them (except Sanchez.)

How I rate them now:
      1. Matt Ryan : NFL Comparison: Tom Brady
      2. Joe Flacco : Comparison: Dan Marino
      t3. Josh Freeman : Comparison: mix between Ben Roethlisbuerger/Steve McNair
      t3. Sam Bradford Comparison: Troy Aikman
      5. Matthew Stafford Comparison: Brett Farve
      6. Mark Sanchez Comparison: More Mobile and accurate Chad Pennington
      7. Chad Henne Comparison: ???

This is bound to change guranteed but I think Freeman, Stafford, and Bradford all have the physical tools, smarts, and makings to be elite Franchise QBs. Flacco and Ryan are a step ahead right now (2 yrs ahead of Bradford) and also have elite caliber talent.

Sanchez, honestly, in my opinion, is benefiting from all that talent around him. He's got a top 5 defense, top 5 running game, and a top 3 offensive line. He doesn't have an elite arm and he hasn't shown flashes of brilliance yet. I think he is going to be an above average starting QB that becomes a game manager on an overall star supporting cast.

Chad Henne is somewhat in the same boat, but has more upside than Sanchez. He just looks like a starting NFL QB, but he's a bit behind the other 6 right now. He needs to stop staring down his WRs and he lacks consistency. He might be one of those QBs that needs another year to put it all together, but he's shown a lot of promise and can be the Dolphins QB for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
        Honestly, it is a toss up. Freeman has the potential to be better than all of them (his ceiling is that high!)
        No he doesn't, and his ceiling is not that high either. First off he's not a better prospect then Stafford and his ceiling isn't as high as his. Secondly you could say Flacco has just about the same potential as Freeman. I like him as much as anyone else but let's not act like he's on his way to the HOF Bucs fans, he doesn't have some sort of potential nobody else has pump the brakes a bit.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Honestly, it is a toss up. Freeman has the potential to be better than all of them (his ceiling is that high!) But honestly, you can't go wrong with any one of them (except Sanchez.)

How I rate them now:
          1. Matt Ryan : NFL Comparison: Tom Brady
          2. Joe Flacco : Comparison: Dan Marino
          t3. Josh Freeman : Comparison: mix between Ben Roethlisbuerger/Steve McNair
          t3. Sam Bradford Comparison: Troy Aikman
          5. Matthew Stafford Comparison: Brett Farve
          6. Mark Sanchez Comparison: More Mobile and accurate Chad Pennington
          7. Chad Henne Comparison: ???

This is bound to change guranteed but I think Freeman, Stafford, and Bradford all have the physical tools, smarts, and makings to be elite Franchise QBs. Flacco and Ryan are a step ahead right now (2 yrs ahead of Bradford) and also have elite caliber talent.

Sanchez, honestly, in my opinion, is benefiting from all that talent around him. He's got a top 5 defense, top 5 running game, and a top 3 offensive line. He doesn't have an elite arm and he hasn't shown flashes of brilliance yet. I think he is going to be an above average starting QB that becomes a game manager on an overall star supporting cast.

Chad Henne is somewhat in the same boat, but has more upside than Sanchez. He just looks like a starting NFL QB, but he's a bit behind the other 6 right now. He needs to stop staring down his WRs and he lacks consistency. He might be one of those QBs that needs another year to put it all together, but he's shown a lot of promise and can be the Dolphins QB for a long time.
          No homer here right?

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
            No homer here right?
            Buddy, if you watched any games this year, you can just see what Josh Freeman is doing with 2 rookie wr's, I don't even know if you can call average offensive line outside of Donald Penn, a defense that ranks 25th in the league, and 32 against the run, and a rookie RB. He puts that team on his back every game. You should also know what he did to the Bengals in the 4th Qtr. You have to be nuts to say he doesn't have all the tools and talent to succeed.

Comment

Buddy, if you watched any games this year, you can just see what Josh Freeman is doing with 2 rookie wr's, I don't even know if you can call average offensive line outside of Donald Penn, a defense that ranks 25th in the league, and 32 against the run, and a rookie RB. He puts that team on his back every game. You should also know what he did to the Bengals in the 4th Qtr. You have to be nuts to say he doesn't have all the tools and talent to succeed.
              Which he didn't, nor anyone else has ever said. But you do come off as a homer when you say Freeman has the potential to be better then everyone else which just isn't true. That and you see every game he plays and probably have seen very little of other QB's.

Also if you want to talk about supporting cast Freeman has much better guys around him then Bradford does.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                Which he didn't, nor anyone else has ever said. But you do come off as a homer when you say Freeman has the potential to be better then everyone else which just isn't true. That and you see every game he plays and probably have seen very little of other QB's.

Also if you want to talk about supporting cast Freeman has much better guys around him then Bradford does.
                Steven Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blount and Caddy

Comment

I am sorry. I didnt realize he was Christ Jr.

See: Longhorns post.

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
                    Steven Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blount and Caddy
                    And at the skill positions.....

bonekrusher
                    The Twitters
                    themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      No he doesn't, and his ceiling is not that high either. First off he's not a better prospect then Stafford and his ceiling isn't as high as his. Secondly you could say Flacco has just about the same potential as Freeman. I like him as much as anyone else but let's not act like he's on his way to the HOF Bucs fans, he doesn't have some sort of potential nobody else has pump the brakes a bit.
                      After the 2009 draft, when talking about the QBs, every one said that Freeman was very raw, but his upside is much better than Sanchez and Stafford, if he could put it together mentally. He has shown the potential.

Listen, not taking anything away from Stafford, he looked terrific last week. But honestly, I can't tell you who is the best young QB right now. It is a toss up as I think between Stafford, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan, and Bradford, they all are going to be top 5 QB's in this league. They just have the physical tools and mental aspect of the game and what impresses me the most is what Bradford, Freeman, and Stafford have done/are doing with the overall team they have around them. Freeman, in his 2nd year, is considered the veteran leader of the offense. (that just shows you he has "it")

Comment

And at the skill positions.....
                        No question Freeman has better WRs, but they are also rookies. I never took any credit away from Bradford. You all forgot that I said any one of those 5 qb's can be considered the best. All 5 will be elite, everyone has a different opinion. Everything I have read ever since Freeman was drafted was that he has the talent and upside to be a top 5 QB in this league.

Comment

Tebow Tier
                          Tim Tebow

Tier 1
                          Stafford
                          Bradford

Tier 2
                          Flacco
                          Ryan
                          Freeman

Tier 3
                          Sanchez
                          Henne

All could be really good QB's but I think Stafford and Bradford (who I am eating my crow on) will be the best of the bunch. If Detroit can build up that OL Stafford could be something special.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

No question Freeman has better WRs, but they are also rookies. I never took any credit away from Bradford. You all forgot that I said any one of those 5 qb's can be considered the best. All 5 will be elite, everyone has a different opinion. Everything I have read ever since Freeman was drafted was that he has the talent and upside to be a top 5 QB in this league.
                            Denario Alexander R
                            Mardy Gilyard R

Danny Amendola 2nd year
                            Brandon Gibson 2nd year

Laurent Robinson 4th year

And his best TE is a rookie.

Let's not act like Bradford is swimming in veteran talent over there.

bonekrusher
                            The Twitters
                            themaninblack

Comment

Denario Alexander R
                              Mardy Gilyard R

Danny Amendola 2nd year
                              Brandon Gibson 2nd year

Laurent Robinson 4th year

And his best TE is a rookie.

Let's not act like Bradford is swimming in veteran talent over there.
                              Freemans advantage:

- Young Talented WR's
                              - Possibly an emerging RB in Blount (we'll see how the rest of the season plays out)

Bradford:
                              - A pro bowl RB in Steven Jackson
                              - a Young, but better O-line than what Freeman has
                              - A top 10 defense that actually has a pass rush

I love what Bradford is doing with that WR core. I like Amendola (don't know the precise spelling) and I think he can be a Welker type. The Rams will add a star WR (Julio Jones?) next year to go with Avery, Amendola, and that o-line and Steve Jackson. They are doing a fine job and will only progress along with Bradford.

I think both guys are going to hit that elite status in another year or 2.

Comment

So Kellen Winslow doesnt count?
                                Right that would make it seem like Freeman isnt the only man on that team...

bonekrusher
                                The Twitters
                                themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information