Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
    Whatever you say.
    Dude, people were trying to say Freeman should be the MVP of the league.

bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

Comment

Those people are fans. So what? It's a message board. You will get extreme opinions on players from time to time. For the record, I don't think Free is the MVP of the league..........................yet. lol

BTW, who has Ryan and ATL beaten this year? What is the combined record of the teams they gave beaten? How different is it from Tampa's numbers?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

I'm gonna laugh when Atlanta kicks the **** out of Freeman.

Comment

Those people are fans. So what? It's a message board. You will get extreme opinions on players from time to time. For the record, I don't think Free is the MVP of the league..........................yet. lol

BTW, who has Ryan and ATL beaten this year? What is the combined record of the teams they gave beaten? How different is it from Tampa's numbers?
          Yes extreme opinions.......that isn't even an extreme opinion it is blind homerism.

No one has said anything like that favoring ATL,
          they are referring to the fact he has done well for 3 years now.

bonekrusher
          The Twitters
          themaninblack

Comment

Arizona 3-4
            New Orleans 5-3 (27-24 OT)
            SF 2-6
            Cleveland 2-5
            Cincinnati 2-5

14-23 combined for Atlanta

Cleveland 2-5
            Carolina 1-6
            Cincinnati 2-6
            St Louis 4-4
            Arizona 3-4

12-25 combined for Tampa

/Shrugs

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Arizona 3-4
              New Orleans 5-3 (27-24 OT)
              SF 2-6
              Cleveland 2-5
              Cincinnati 2-5

14-23 combined for Atlanta

Cleveland 2-5
              Carolina 1-6
              Cincinnati 2-6
              St Louis 4-4
              Arizona 3-4

12-25 combined for Tampa

/Shrugs
              Again, all that proves is that this year ATL hasnt faced good competition THIS year. Ryan has been a good QB for 3 years now.
              And it weakens the Freeman argument.

bonekrusher
              The Twitters
              themaninblack

Comment

Voted Flacco, biggest arm + he mastered a an NFL playbook as a rookie coming from a Div. II school. They toned their offense down in B-more for him then, but he did very well.

Flacco will be a playoff QB more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post

No one has said anything like that favoring ATL,
                  they are referring to the fact he has done well for 3 years now.
                  I have seen that elsewhere.

How are people going to give him credit for what he is doing in his third year here, when Free, Stafford and Sanchez haven't began their third years? Seems to me that you have to compare either their first 16-24 starts or first 2 years in the league. But then, as I pointed out earlier, they are not all playing with comparable talent. Very hard to compare, IMO.

Comment

Combined record of the teams ATL has beaten: 14 - 23.

Admittedly, that is not great. But we also beat New Orleans in their stadium, they killed you guys. And we lost to the Steelers in overtime, they also beat you bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
                      I have seen that elsewhere.

How are people going to give him credit for what he is doing in his third year here, when Free, Stafford and Sanchez haven't began their third years? Seems to me that you have to compare either their first 16-24 starts or first 2 years in the league. But then, as I pointed out earlier, they are not all playing with comparable talent. Very hard to compare, IMO.
                      So the record argument doesnt work so we are back to the "supporting cast" one?

bonekrusher
                      The Twitters
                      themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                        Again, all that proves is that this year ATL hasnt faced good competition THIS year. Ryan has been a good QB for 3 years now.
                        And it weakens the Freeman argument.
                        Sure looks like it does. But Matty has a bonafide stud at WR (possibly the top WR in the first half) and RB.

Free has rookies (albeit talented) and a average at best O-line. Doesn't that count for something?

/not one of those Buc fans that is claiming that Mike Will or Blount should be 1st half All-Pros, BTW.

Comment

• Compare Ryan's first 16 starts to Free's.

Because Ryan had a better team around him, I don't know if W-L should be weighed as heavily.

Fair?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I'm gonna laugh when Atlanta kicks the **** out of Freeman.

I'm so excited for it.

Comment

• Matt Ryan is tough... the Browns kicked the **** out of him and he kept getting up

Comment

• I would take Sam Bradford, followed by Flacco & Freeman then Ryan & Sanchez and finally Stafford.

As for Josh Freeman I think some people are letting their pre-draft thoughts on Freeman as a prospect get in the way of their judgement of him today. Sure it may get old listening to Buc fans hype him up. But honestly he deserves the hype, so far the guy is playing extrememly well for such a "Raw" college QB prospect in his 2nd season.

For example lets compare him to VY who had a ton of hype coming into the league.

6-2 93/151 61.6% 855 yds 5.67 Y/A, 3 TD 7 int 47 Rushes 165 yds 2 TD

That is Vince Young's stat line from his first few games of his second season. This was at the penacle of the "He just wins games" hype train. A time in which lot of people were drooling over VY as the next big thing.

5-2 135/224 60.3% 1533 yds 6.8 Y/A, 8 TD 3 Int 25 Rushes 176 yds 0 TD

That is Josh Freemans stat line from his first few games in his 2nd season. It is superior to VY, yet Freeman gets not nearly as much hype from non-buc fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information