No announcement yet.

Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Bradford just stinks. He has a career 6.0 YPA. And he played in 10 games this past season. Injury concerns haven't gone anywhere. 25 career TDs to 30 turnovers in 26 starts.

===========================================

YPA is low because his WR's suck and don't get YAC. His only Rams injury was a high ankle sprain because he is always under pressure because his o-line sucks. If Bradford has just a decent line and a true #1 WR, he would be a highly regarded young QB. His is currently in a no win situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      But how do we know he's not being coached properly? We're not at the meetings, we're not at practice. Maybe he's just not getting it? To me, if you can't identify a blitz, I don't know how that's the coaches fault. I'm almost positive it's being taught to him but he's just not picking it up.

I've seen Keller and Holmes wide open down the field many times this year and Sanchez just doesn't have enough confidence in himself to stick it into a tight window. I admit that losing Cotchery was a huge blow bc he lost his security valve, and I admit that while Plax is a big target he didn't get much separation, but the fact remains the guy still had plenty of talent around him and still couldn't get it done.

It's not the GB offense, but that unit is good enough. I mean seriously, 127 yards vs the Dolphins before padding his stats? That's pathetic. I saw on 3 different occasions Santonio beat his press coverage and streak down the field wide open for a touchdown, and all 3 times Sanchez screwed it up.

First and foremost, he should have recognized presnap that Holmes shouldve been his first read based on what the defense was selling him. All 3 times he didn't recognize it. So that's the first fail.

Secondly after the snap, he stared down his first read the entire time which was an underneath route. So he wasn't even looking down the field. Fail #2.

And lastly, he threw inaccurately when he did finally let it go. Fail #3. I mean how is that anyone's fault other than his?

This is a repeated pattern for him all season. You know why you guys kept running basic quick slants all day to start the season? Bc Sanchez can't read a defense to save his life. That's why.

And once teams started sitting on those slants, adjustments were made. Sluggos were called. The playbook got more vertical. Yet Sanchez couldn't adjust. Bc he can't read a defense.

I've been a Sanchez supporter for the past 2 years but after awhile, you gotta take a step back and isolate the player and see what he's doing right and wrong individually.

And Sanchez didn't do many things right this year. It was his 3rd year. It's not like he's a rookie.

The most telling sign to me was one drive when it became 2nd and 15. The team decided to run on 2nd down and run on 3rd down. They have so little faith in Sanchez to get it done that they refused to give him 2 chances to get 15 yards.

If your coaches have THAT little faith in the guy, isn't that a very clear sign that he's not a good qb? The coaches are around this guy all the time, they see him in practice, they break down his film, etc.

If they have that little faith in him, why should any of us? To me, that told me everything I needed to know. That drive said it all.
      This is an excellent post.

What's really telling is the fact that the guy is in his third year now, and he's still overly-reliant on progression reading as opposed to coverage reading.

People get progression reads vs coverage reads mixed up a lot (or think they're the same thing). Progression reading is basically QBing with training wheels on.

Comment

• Peyton Manning threw 23 INTs in his 3rd year as a pro, just saying.

Listen, if coaching solved Alex Smith's problem after 6 seasons of playing like a turd, I think Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez deserve some slack and another year or two to develop. However, Sanchez is the only one who had veteran help on all perimeters on that team. He's probably has a shorter leash.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucfan12 View Post
          Peyton Manning threw 23 INTs in his 3rd year as a pro, just saying.

Listen, if coaching solved Alex Smith's problem after 6 seasons of playing like a turd, I think Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, and Mark Sanchez deserve some slack and another year or two to develop. However, Sanchez is the only one who had veteran help on all perimeters on that team. He's probably has a shorter leash.
          Alex Smith = Trent Dilfer

Comment

• Alex Smith played like an avg QB in 2009 and 2010.

Sanchez had his best year and didn't do that.

Comment

You know, I'm getting pretty tired of Peyton's interception numbers being used to excuse every bad young QB.

Comment

That was his 4th year, and his worst non-rookie season. I'm also pretty sure he didn't play the same "game manager" type game as Sanchez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                  You know, I'm getting pretty tired of Peyton's interception numbers being used to excuse every bad young QB.
                  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comment

• K, John Elway,Favre,Aikman Marino and countless other great QB's threw 20 INTs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                      K, John Elway,Favre,Aikman Marino and countless other great QB's threw 20 INTs.
                      And what does that have to do with any of these quarterbacks? If you want to make a legitimate and detailed comparison do so, but just bringing up interception totals is meaningless. Freeman, Sanchez, and even Bradford have little in common with those players.
                      Last edited by Basileus777; 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• So who's arguing what here?

Is someone still making a case here for Sanchez or Flacco being a possible answer here?

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          So who's arguing what here?

Is someone still making a case here for Sanchez or Flacco being a possible answer here?
                          how do you have time to respond to a post when you're too busy making threads?

I kid. I kid.
                          Last edited by soybean; 01-04-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris Jenkins[/quote
                            “Mark wants to be a leader but there’s a difference between wanting it and taking it,” Jenkins said. “He’s always trying to be a crowd pleaser. He’s always trying to be nice. He wants to be a leader but he won’t take it.”
                            Another Tom Condon hype job. I guess charisma only goes so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by DraftSavant View Post
                              ǣMark wants to be a leader but theres a difference between wanting it and taking it, Jenkins said. ǣHes always trying to be a crowd pleaser. Hes always trying to be nice. He wants to be a leader but he wont take it.
                              Another Tom Condon hype job. I guess charisma only goes so far.[/QUOTE]
                              I would not listen to anything Jenkins says because he is one of those guys who may hold it against Sanchez for not taking the 09/10 Jets to a SB.

Damien Woody or LT saying something means more. They were more so around the team than Jenkins who was on the IR more than the team itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Job Reborn View Post
                                That was his 4th year, and his worst non-rookie season. I'm also pretty sure he didn't play the same "game manager" type game as Sanchez.
                                lol context on the internets...hilarious...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information