No announcement yet.

Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford and Ryan get their chances this weekend to step up to the big boys plate.... Flacco next weekend.

I like Matt Ryan's chances at New York, but isn't Ryan 0-2 so far in post-season? He loses this one, it starts to get very interesting for Matty Ice.

Comment

• Pressure building on Ryan, Falcons

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...ure-to-falcons
      “Not that much,’’ Ryan said. “I think the past doesn’t really make a difference. We had opportunities; we didn’t take advantage of those. What matters is we put ourselves in this position again and we have an opportunity to move forward. So I don’t worry about it too much. I kind of just focus on trying to prepare and play well this week and doing everything we can to take advantage of the opportunity that we have.”

Comment

• If it weren't for his record and the fact that he's in the AFC championship game I think Flacco would and deservedly so be as criticized as Sanchez.

Their numbers are similar. Flacco has one more year under his belt. And Flacco arguably is more propped up by his team than Sanchez.

Now this isn't me defending Sanchez it's me saying Flacco is just as bad.

ps. Also I'd understand the frustration of the veteran players if Flacco doesn't win them a superbowl because he is by far the Ravens weakest link.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
          ps. Also I'd understand the frustration of the veteran players if Flacco doesn't win them a superbowl because he is by far the Ravens weakest link.
          I think some of the players should appreciate that he has helped them get this far. I mean, Flacco isn't great, but he's not bad. I'd say he's decent, and without him the Ravens might not have made the playoffs four years in a row. If anything those players should be mad at Cam Cameron for always having the offense pass the ball.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

• If Stafford had a defense he'd still be playing right now. His 1 playoff game was a better performance then any of these guys have done in the playoffs.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
              If it weren't for his record and the fact that he's in the AFC championship game I think Flacco would and deservedly so be as criticized as Sanchez.

Their numbers are similar. Flacco has one more year under his belt. And Flacco arguably is more propped up by his team than Sanchez.

Now this isn't me defending Sanchez it's me saying Flacco is just as bad.

Flacco is better than Sanchez and to suggest otherwise is laughable.

Not only is he statistically better but he's consistently put in similar situations (because they both have terrible coordinators) but Flacco comes through. He's performed in the playoffs, something Sanchez can only aspire to and doesn't need to be managed. The book is open for him to leave his mark on the game and he's trusted.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Not only is he statistically better ...
                Actually statistically they were virtually identical this past season.

Sanchez: 3,474 yards, 26 TDs, 18 ints, 56.7 completion pct. 78.2 QB rating

Flacco: 3,610 yards 20 TDs, 12 ints, 57.6 completion pct. 80.9 QB rating

Sanchez also 6 rushing TDs while Flacco only had 1.

I don't think Sanchez is better than Flacco, but I do think Flacco sucks.

EDIT:
                Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                He's performed in the playoffs, something Sanchez can only aspire to and doesn't need to be managed.
                Also, Mark Sanchez has been unquestionably better than Flacco in the playoffs, it's not even close really.
                Last edited by gsorace; 01-18-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post

Not only is he statistically better but he's consistently put in similar situations (because they both have terrible coordinators) but Flacco comes through. He's performed in the playoffs, something Sanchez can only aspire to and doesn't need to be managed. The book is open for him to leave his mark on the game and he's trusted.
                  all you have said is a bunch of fluff though. there's no tangible evidence to support your claim.

Let's look at last post season, both qbs faced Pittsburgh Defense. Let's consider everything outside of the qbs equal.

Sanchez against Pittsburgh: 20/33 233 60.6% 7.06 avg. 2tds 0 ints
                  Flacco against Pittsburgh: 16/30 125 53.3% 4.17 avg. 1td 0 ints

Flacco is being lifted by his amazing defense, awesome running game.

People are being blinded because Flacco has an amazing arm.

Again, I'm not defending Sanchez but saying that Joe Flacco is at least on par with him if not maybe a LITTLE better.

Comment

• Flacco does suck... With the amount of 150-170 yard games this guy puts up, with his offense; it's amazing he doesn't get criticized more in the media. Finally, after a few years of no improvement, people are taking notice. He does have good games every once in a while, but so has Joe Webb, Sanchez, and most any other QB given enough starts (excluding Whitehurst or Palko).

I do think Sanchez sucks as well and if I had to take one of these guys, I guess I'll take Flacco because he's got a year more experience, but both these teams need to be looking for a new QB.

Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan; Good-great game manager, but I don't think he's got enough consistancy or is good enough to be warranted as a "Franchise" guy, or top 10 QB in the league. He can continue to improve though, and I would be less surprised if he proves me wrong than most other QBs.

Freeman and Bradford are both in intersting positions. After last year, everyone was on Freeman's nuts. I still wasn't sold; and am even less sold this year. Jury's still out on him, but I don't see him being a top 7-10 QB in the league either.

Bradford, only his second year; but arguable is more injury prone than Stafford, I would argue. You don't know if his shoulder can hold up for more than a year straight, but with Fisher, you can't count the kid out yet.

I think it's safe to say Sanchez is a bust/backup-to-journeyman, and that Flacco is considered around the same. I still think Flacco has better physical attributes (except accuracy), but Sanchez is a year younger (I think), at least experience wise.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Stafford is the only star QB (already is imo), while Freeman and Ryan the only other QB who remains on his team in 3-5 years. I think Freeman can reach Matt Ryan's plateua fairly easily, but I don't see either of them developing into a top 10 QB

Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Brady, Healthy Manning, Romo, Healthy Vick, Newton, Eli Manning, Phil Rivers, Big Ben. That's my top 10-11 depending on health of Manning. I would also accept Schaub right with them or next in line. Cutler behind him, especially if Tice (new OC) gives him time and protection.

I think all the top QBs except Gabbert (bust imo) have a chance to develop into a top 10 guy, but by the looks of it, it will take some strong play. A lot of good QB play going on the in the league right now. (there's always been bad/terrible play)

Comment

• Flacco sucks, I'm sorry but the guy sucks. Sanchez get so much hate and rightfully so, but the fact that Flacco gets a pass is very comical. Blindsite saying Sanchez hasnt performed in the playoffs, how do you figure? If you ask a lot of people they would say he played his better games in the playoffs as compared to the regular season. The guy made it to 2 AFC championship games in his first 2 years. You dont do that by mistake.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Flacco has won a bunch of playoff games so the whole wins thing isn't really a differentiator. Though Sanchez has played well in a couple of playoff games and Flacco has sucked in pretty much every postseason game except for KC last year.

Comment

• Josh Freeman and Sam Bradford still suck.

Mark Sanchez is better than most people think, and would be putting up Stafford type numbers with a receiver like Megatron.

Matthew Stafford would be Mark Sanchez without Calvin Johnson.

Joe Flacco is a very, very, very, very streaky quarterback. He's either on fire or an ice cold clunker.

It was always only a matter of time before Matt Ryan ended most of these debates. He is the best.

Comment

• Its funny every year it is someone different. You say that Sanchez would be Stafford if he had Megatron but you don't give the same leeway with Bradford who has worse WRs.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

• Disregarding the fact that I've never been a believer in Sam Bradford, I don't think he can improvise the way that Sanchez can in certain situations. He's also not as tough or durable as Sanchez.

Bradford is a guy who HAS to be propped up with a lot of talent around him just to appear serviceable in my opinion. I don't believe he can elevate his teammates or lead the way Sanchez can despite constant turmoil. I don't think he competes the way Sanchez does... don't think he has the same fire in his belly.

Comment

• off topic and i know i've been hard on him but my guess is Freeman is going to have a huge game this weekend then everyone will be back on the bandwagon.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information