Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
    Alright seriously... what the **** is up with Stafford?
    He isn't lobbing it up to Megatron enough anymore, well I only saw one lions game this year so I don't know.

Comment

• ^^IDK. If that's the case, maybe he's not very good in terms of seeing the field and going through progressions. That will hinder any QB.

Comment

• Stafford is 3-9 throwing it to Megatron today.... as of 1:59 to go in this game at Philly.

Lions pulled out a lot of these kinda games last year. He's got faith in himself that's for sure.

Comment

• I just don't know about Flacco anymore. Some games he's capable of looking like a top 7 qb out there and then other games he looks painfully mediocre or below average.

Against a good defense like today, he completely **** the bed. 48 percent completion qbr of .3

But not only that he just showed that the ravens are no match for the texans this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean
            In contrast isn't the reverse argument that he would be good no matter who his weapons are just as lazy? No doubt he would still be a good qb but I highly doubt he would have approached or even come close to 5000 40+ tds without Calvin.

right now I would put him on the same level as jay cutler.
            But what player in NFL history could you have not said this about? Do you think Jerry Rice would have the same career numbers if he hadn't played with 2 HOF QB's for the duration of his career? Elite WR's or TE's make a QB's numbers better, same goes for a QB making a WR's numbers better, or a better offensive line making a RB better, don't know how many times I've heard someone wonder how another RB would have done behind that Cowboys line in the mid 90's.

So how would that be any different for any position or player that's ever played? I'm not doubting that Calvin didn't have a contribution to that type of season, but take any all-time great season in the record books, and take away the best contributing player as a result and you will see different numbers.

As to Stafford this year, his footwork and mechanics are all off, he's got to go back to the drawing board. There was a point last night late in the 4th where it looked like he threw an INT but it hit the ground, but when they ran it back in slow motion, the check down RB was wide open underneath, the pressure wasn't bad, yet he was throwing the ball leaning backwards, his left plant foot was planting outside, and there wasn't even a lane to throw in. He's just playing backyard football and doing a bad job at it.

All that said, the arguments Polamalu is trying to make here are ridiculous for the most part, and I actually like Freeman. But is Vincent Jackson not a huge reason for why he's looked better this year? Or are we only allowed to discredit the weapons Stafford has? Freeman racked up a bunch of stats a few years ago with a ridiculously weak schedule and came crashing back to earth last year, he's lost weight, got a #1 WR this year and looks much better, but he's still not a better QB then Stafford.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              But what player in NFL history could you have not said this about? Do you think Jerry Rice would have the same career numbers if he hadn't played with 2 HOF QB's for the duration of his career? Elite WR's or TE's make a QB's numbers better, same goes for a QB making a WR's numbers better, or a better offensive line making a RB better, don't know how many times I've heard someone wonder how another RB would have done behind that Cowboys line in the mid 90's.

So how would that be any different for any position or player that's ever played? I'm not doubting that Calvin didn't have a contribution to that type of season, but take any all-time great season in the record books, and take away the best contributing player as a result and you will see different numbers.

As to Stafford this year, his footwork and mechanics are all off, he's got to go back to the drawing board. There was a point last night late in the 4th where it looked like he threw an INT but it hit the ground, but when they ran it back in slow motion, the check down RB was wide open underneath, the pressure wasn't bad, yet he was throwing the ball leaning backwards, his left plant foot was planting outside, and there wasn't even a lane to throw in. He's just playing backyard football and doing a bad job at it.

All that said, the arguments Polamalu is trying to make here are ridiculous for the most part, and I actually like Freeman. But is Vincent Jackson not a huge reason for why he's looked better this year? Or are we only allowed to discredit the weapons Stafford has? Freeman racked up a bunch of stats a few years ago with a ridiculously weak schedule and came crashing back to earth last year, he's lost weight, got a #1 WR this year and looks much better, but he's still not a better QB then Stafford.
              Ehh you can look at things that way sure. But no one is Peyton Manning who can pretty much make any wr look great.

Calvin Johnson is a freak of nature and by far best WR in the NFL.

I'm highly critical of Freeman and his play but I did say he had no weapons. I mean sure in 2010 you argue te schedule but look what he had to play with. Mike Williams was a rookie Wr and good #2. Very good #2. Arrellious "has Benn" is no good. He had a bunch of rookies to trow too and kellen Winslow who has a bum knee.

Freeman has weapons this year and as I am liking what I'm seeing so far is some better progressions but I'm still not 100% sold until I see more consistency. It's going to take a lot more performances to forget that Dallas debacle and 1st half Washington performance.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information