No announcement yet.

Young Guns: Bradford, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Ryan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate these types of comparisons. They don't mean anything.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
      I hate these types of comparisons. They don't mean anything.
      we can include jamaal charles for you

bonekrusher
      The Twitters
      themaninblack

Comment

• Not only that, but many Buc haters seem to think the Bucs are only 5-2 because they beat teams like the Browns, Panthers, Rams, Bengals, and Cardinals. What people are forgetting is that the Bucs are THE YOUNGEST TEAM IN THE NFL! Usually, teams in that situation have a below .500 record. The Bucs must be doing something right and I look at the QB, Josh Freeman.

When both Freeman and Flacco were coming into the league, many scouts said they were both raw and would take time to develop. It seems like both proved them wrong and developed quicker than anyone thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
          we can include jamaal charles for you
          Please do. This thread would be interesting if he were included.

Comment

• For you vidae.

Comment

• Oh you know I ain't got nothin but love for you Caddyrific.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                Oh you know I ain't got nothin but love for you Caddyrific.
                I know! Also I get an odd satisfaction from trolling people about the now infamous Josh Freeman.

Comment

• Bradford
                  Freeman
                  Stafford
                  Flacco
                  Sanchez
                  Ryan

Imo.

Comment

• Bradford, pretty easily. He has the best intangibles out of the bunch. Really cerebral quarterback, which is something I think is extremely important. Stafford has been much better than I thought he would be though. Really think it's between those two. Both of them have all the talent in the world. The rest of them are nice players, but won't ever really be guys who are the "it" guys on a team.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                      For example lets compare him to VY who had a ton of hype coming into the league.

6-2 93/151 61.6% 855 yds 5.67 Y/A, 3 TD 7 int 47 Rushes 165 yds 2 TD

That is Vince Young's stat line from his first few games of his second season. This was at the penacle of the "He just wins games" hype train. A time in which lot of people were drooling over VY as the next big thing.

5-2 135/224 60.3% 1533 yds 6.8 Y/A, 8 TD 3 Int 25 Rushes 176 yds 0 TD

That is Josh Freemans stat line from his first few games in his 2nd season. It is superior to VY, yet Freeman gets not nearly as much hype from non-buc fans.
                      VY got the "JUST WINZ GAMEZ!!!" moniker because of his rookie season and sophomore season. In his rookie season, he took a team that was 4-12 the year before and started off with an 0-3 record and led them to an 8-8 record, with his own record as a starter being 8-5. Then during his second year, he led the team to a 10-6 record (9-6 as a starter) and a playoff birth.

But why he got that "JUST WINZ GAMEZ!!!" hype is because a lot of the time, he wasn't playing well. So when people went to criticize Young, they'd get the, "But he just wins!" excuse from someone.

So the hype you're saying VY got that Freeman isn't getting is for different reasons. But he is playing well, so he doesn't necessitate that hype train. It seems kind of silly that the worse you play, the more hype you get (as long as your team is winning), but that's how it was. Especially considering he was still riding the coat tails of that magical rookie season - Freeman's rookie season sucked so he had nothing established prior to this season.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• 1. Freeman - best mix of potential and production this season.
                        2. Flacco - in the best situation but talent is up with Freeman/Stafford over the rest.
                        3. Ryan - not an elite talent but still a great QB.
                        4. Bradford - amazing for a rookie but not an elite skillset. the td to Alexander vs SD was great, but how many of those throws has he made this year?
                        5. Stafford - cant stay healthy but could shoot up this list when he does. i was not impressed with him last week, the offense was pathetic untill he just started forcing it to Calvin (not that theres anything wrong with that).
                        6. Sanchez - in a great situation but probably the least talented of the 6.
                        save Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Bradford, pretty easily. He has the best intangibles out of the bunch. Really cerebral quarterback, which is something I think is extremely important. Stafford has been much better than I thought he would be though. Really think it's between those two. Both of them have all the talent in the world. The rest of them are nice players, but won't ever really be guys who are the "it" guys on a team.

I can easily see the argument for Bradford over Ryan at this point, but I would find it rather difficult to think that anyone has Ryan beat with the whole cerebral/intangibles thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            I can easily see the argument for Bradford over Ryan at this point, but I would find it rather difficult to think that anyone has Ryan beat with the whole cerebral/intangibles thing.
                            I saw every game Ryan played in college. No bigger fan of Matt Ryan than I am. Try to catch every Atlanta game I can just because of how big a fan I am of Matty Ice.

That said, I stand by that Bradford is a more cerebral quarterback. Ryan isn't Jeff George by any means, but I really think Bradford is one of those guys whose best weapon is his head, ala Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. His football IQ is off the charts. The stuff about how Matt Ryan was just born to be an NFL quarterback with his football acumen is still true, but I think the same can be said for Bradford and he's a notch better.
                            Last edited by ElectricEye; 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                              1. Freeman - best mix of potential and production this season.
                              2. Flacco - in the best situation but talent is up with Freeman/Stafford over the rest.
                              3. Ryan - not an elite talent but still a great QB.
                              4. Bradford - amazing for a rookie but not an elite skillset. the td to Alexander vs SD was great, but how many of those throws has he made this year?
                              5. Stafford - cant stay healthy but could shoot up this list when he does. i was not impressed with him last week, the offense was pathetic untill he just started forcing it to Calvin (not that theres anything wrong with that).
                              6. Sanchez - in a great situation but probably the least talented of the 6.
                              LOL at Buc fan ranking his guy #1.... isn't that funny.
                              I haven't gotten to see much of the Bucs in person so I can't accurately evaluate his skill set in the NFL this year other than the stats.
                              But I find it hard to believe he's a better QB than Matt Ryan is. Tomorrow will make a case for one of em. I'm looking forward to that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                                LOL at Buc fan ranking his guy #1.... isn't that funny.
                                I haven't gotten to see much of the Bucs in person so I can't accurately evaluate his skill set in the NFL this year other than the stats.
                                But I find it hard to believe he's a better QB than Matt Ryan is. Tomorrow will make a case for one of em. I'm looking forward to that game.
                                I thought the question was:

Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information