Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Haloti Ngata ranked among best defensive players in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Haloti Ngata ranked among best defensive players in the NFL?

Haloti has played sensational this year. He is the best 34 DE, would be the best 34 NT if he played that and could play both DT spots in a 43.

At the midway point of the season he has put up 43 tackles(I know tackles arent the best stat but for a NT we know all these tackles are making plays go for 3 yards or less.) and 5 sacks. He realistically could end up w/ 80+ tackles and 10+ sacks. That would be pro bowl #s for a DE, putting up stats like that when you are primarily a run stuffer is amazing. Peter King ranked him 4th for MVP voting.

My question is where do you rank him out of all defensive players? all NFL players. Do you think he could win DPOY?

I've been all over his play this season, he's been nothing short of sensational in every single game this year. He absolutely dominates the LoS and has straight up rag dolled a ton of guards and centers on his way to those tackles and sacks. I think he would absolutely be deserving of DPOY. He's that good.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Right near the the top. He's in the elite class with guys like Polamalu, Revis, Aso, Freeney, Ware etc.

Comment

I thought Albert Haynesworth was MVP a few years back, and he's having that type of impact, or better, right now.
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Tackle stats are HUGE for a 34 NT, because they aren't really expected to make that many of them
          The Ravens move Ngata around to exploit matchups, still a 34 DE/NT on pace for 75+ tackles over 16 games is impressive.

Comment

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SappWa00.htm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/3140/

this is Warren Sapp stats in 1999 when Sapp won DPOY.

He had 27 tackles and 12.5 sacks. Ngata already has more tackles and will probably finish with a little less sacks. I know tackles arent everything but I feel they should play a roll.

Comment

He's certainly one of the best defensive players in the league without question. I do not look forward to seeing him on the other side of the ball at least twice a year.

^A Bonekrusher production^
              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

He can't win DPOY. That award already belongs to this guy.

But I do really like Ngata. Probably my favorite active non-Packer player.

Comment

He can even play a little coverage if he has too. His strength and athleticism for his size is off the charts, match that with good technique and he's there with the top 5 defenders in the league.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

This year???

Haloti Ngata>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                      This year???

Haloti Ngata>D.McCourty>>>>>>>>>Everyone else
                      Fixed for homerism
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

he ranks #1 on the list of players the Browns should've picked with their first pick in 2006 and everyone knew it. Not taking Ngata at 12 felt like someone kicked me in the gut.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          he ranks #1 on the list of players the Browns should've picked with their first pick in 2006 and everyone knew it. Not taking Ngata at 12 felt like someone kicked me in the gut.
                          Trading a 7th round pick to move up one spot for Ngata might be one of Ozzie's best moves ever ;).

Comment

I think he's the best DLman in football.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              I think he's the best DLman in football.
                              I think the same thing.
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information