Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Haloti Ngata ranked among best defensive players in the NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    This year???

Haloti Ngata>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else
    Well behind Clay Matthews. I don't even think that's me being a homer either.

As long as we're on the subject of homerism, how about BJ Raji?? He's like an upper middle class man's Ngata.

Last years first round for the Packers could turn out to be Warren Sapp-Derrick Brooks like.
    Last edited by TitleTown088; 11-08-2010, 11:18 AM.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I love Matthews but I don't think anyone in the game dominates quite like Ngata. He pretty much affects every single play

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I love Matthews but I don't think anyone in the game dominates quite like Ngata. He pretty much affects every single play
        Listen to the Pats fan. He saw what Ngata could do firsthand earlier this year. Ngata absolutely dominated that entire game.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Listen to the Pats fan. He saw what Ngata could do firsthand earlier this year. Ngata absolutely dominated that entire game.
          Yeah I know but Im not looking forward to see what Clay Matthews can do to Matt Light either :(

Comment

You guys haven't been watching enough of Clay Matthews this season I think.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

We all know that Matthews is a beast, if/when he wins DPOY you cant debate the guy is awesome.

But its just rare for the best 34 run stuffer in football, who is supposed to just gobble up blockers. Is able to consistently beat them and be on pace for 75+ tackles and 10+ sacks. That is pro bowl #s for a DT who is supposed to penetrate the oline not just gobble up blockers.

Comment

Best 3-4 DL man for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                  We all know that Matthews is a beast, if/when he wins DPOY you cant debate the guy is awesome.

But its just rare for the best 34 run stuffer in football, who is supposed to just gobble up blockers. Is able to consistently beat them and be on pace for 75+ tackles and 10+ sacks. That is pro bowl #s for a DT who is supposed to penetrate the oline not just gobble up blockers.
                  He can be a run stuffer, he can penetrate, he can chase plays down from behind, he can drop into coverage, hell he could probably be an 80% passer if he wanted to be. Even the elite offensive linemen in the league can't handle this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                    I think he's the best DLman in football.
                    Is there even a debate?? Not IMO either..

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    he ranks #1 on the list of players the Browns should've picked with their first pick in 2006 and everyone knew it. Not taking Ngata at 12 felt like someone kicked me in the gut.
                    I know the feeling well, he NEVER should have passed the 8th pick in that draft. The tyraid I threw has only been bested by that of the one I had when Oher and Orakpo were passed up in favor of gulp... Aaron Maybin...

I could not agree more, have seen plenty of both of them this year, and Ngata (1A) ranks as the top one on my list, followed closely by Matthews (1B)..
                    "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
                      Right near the the top. He's in the elite class with guys like Polamalu, Revis, Aso, Freeney, Ware etc.
                      Oh yeah, right at the top, an All Pro & the anchor of that defense. Gets my vote.

If he isn't the best DL in the NFL this yr, maybe Freeny is though not as versatile.

Comment

Haha remember how many people overanalyzed and said that Bunkley was going to be better, based mostly on the fact that he looked like the Thing with his shirt off at the combine, lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                          Oh yeah, right at the top, an All Pro & the anchor of that defense. Gets my vote.

If he isn't the best DL in the NFL this yr, maybe Freeny is though not as versatile.
                          Freeney is great but is kind of handcuffed at times by poor DT play and defensive scheme. I think Ngata in general is able to showcase his skills more and be more valuable because the guys around him are more dependable. I definitely can't think of a better DT-type player than him right now.

Comment

On a sidenote, how is Terrence Cody doing? Has he even been playing?

Comment

He has been a machine in pre-season against the 1st team. He looked better his rookie pre-season then Ngata did his rookie season (I am not saying we will have 2 super mega DTs though). But he hasnt really seen the field the regular season. I don't think Harbaugh is a fan of Rookies playing.

Comment

Behind Clay.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information