Bengals and Carson Palmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Carson Palmer is one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL right now. It's a shame but it is what it is.

He's terrible. If you replaced him with Jordan Palmer, would you even notice?

Seriously. Think about it.
    let's not go THAT far.

most of his problems are mental. He still has the ability to throw a nice ball sometimes.

I just want a qb who can avoid a pass rush then rope it to a receiver. Rather than stand in the pocket until it collapses.

Comment

I can see Palmer being back next year but if his play doesn't improve then I can see him being cut/traded for a desperate team in need of a QB
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Ha. Carson looked really good against Atlanta. On the whole Bengals subjects, what's the word on Michael Johnson?

Comment

What a bum.

He had an ok game but some of those INTs are so bad it looks like he's purposely trying to throw it to the other team.

Comment

I really think Palmer needs to be benched for the rest of the year. I dont know whats wrong with him - if it's physical, mental or both but I honestly believe that playing football right now is not going to help him snap out of it. He either needs to sit on the bench and watch or just completely remove himself from the game until next year's training camp starts. If the atmosphere in Cincy is as toxic as every Bengals fan says it is right now, then there is no reason for him to stay there and let it infect him any more. The season is over, and if they aren't going to attempt to make a move at the position (even in the late rounds, his back up is his brother for ****s sake) soon then they need to try to get Carson right

Comment

It doesn't hurt that back when Palmer was considered elite he had one of the best offensive line's in football with Willie Anderson and Levi Jones at tackle, a pro-bowl running back in rudi johnson and t.j. and chad at receiver. The year he got hurt was also when Levi Jones turned to garbage, Willie Anderson was either retired or came out of retirement at the last second or something like that as well.

Carson wasn't really bad after the Kimo hit he took to the knee in the Steelers game, it was the shoulder injury that slowed him down a lot more. He threw for a couple 4000 yard seasons after his knee injury and was tossing bombs to Chad, T.J. and Chris Henry still.

Last year he got by because for the first time he had a quality defense (at least as far as points allowed goes) and Benson was working for them. Fastforward to this year and all of his issues from last year are really shining through as a result of the defense and the running game not showing up like last year so Carson is having to throw them back into games from behind.

Carson seems to me like a guy that needs to be carried by the players around him, not a guy that can carry an offense or franchise like we all originally suspected early in his career. The only thing that might indicate otherwise would be T.J.'s failure away from Cincinnati.

Comment

His throws are either a swish or an airball.

meaning either completely on mark or completely off mark.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                  He will not be gone. He will be the Bengals starting QB next season. Deal with it.
                  As a Bengals fan, I imagine you would be more likely to have to Deal with it.

But my Dog approves of your use of terminology.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

WOW:

Not only is Peyton Manning 7-0 in his lifetime against the Bengals, but the Colts have never even been behind at any point in any game against the Bengals in Manning’s career.

Comment

Manning didn't even have to play since Carson Palmer was doing such a good job of completing passes to the Colts anyways.

Palmer hasn't been the same since his elbow surgery and is suffering Jake Delhome syndrome. I think he is now back up material at this point, which is sad because he was once a top 10 legit QB in this league.

Comment

"Carson seems to me like a guy that needs to be carried by the players around him, not a guy that can carry an offense or franchise like we all originally suspected early in his career. The only thing that might indicate otherwise would be T.J.'s failure away from Cincinnati."

I would have to say not many QB's would have done much better with the porous line we have had lately. We ignored it for years and Carson paid the price.

The knee isn't so much an issue as the elbow is IMO. But his confidence got shattered in 08. He is a mental case.

bonekrusher
                        The Twitters
                        themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information