X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Detriot Lions' #2 Pick is Being Shopped; Bly To Stay Put in Denver

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5457658

The Broncos were a candidate, but backed out after too high an asking Price

Personally, i think the lions might want to sit for quinn.

I have a feeling they want to trade down a little and pick up Gaines Adams, but staying at #2 and taking Brady Quinn is certainly a possibility. Taking Joe Thomas is another.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5457658

The Broncos were a candidate, but backed out after too high an asking Price

Personally, i think the lions might want to sit for quinn.
      Sit for Quinn huh? Detroit is so adament about wanting to trade down it's not even funny. They don't want Brady Quinn. Detroit wants Drew Stanton.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I really hope the Cardinals don't trade up to the #2 pick.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
          I really hope the Cardinals don't trade up to the #2 pick.
          It would probably be the only way to get Thomas though and they certainly need him

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I heard on ESPN, I think it was John Clayton reporting that the Lions might be trying to make a deal with Cleveland to swap first rounders.

Now, I can't see the reasoning in this, because I can't figure who the Browns would want that badly. I mean, who would they be targeting that wouldn't be there at number three? Brady Quinn?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
            https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
              I heard on ESPN, I think it was John Clayton reporting that the Lions might be trying to make a deal with Cleveland to swap first rounders.

Now, I can't see the reasoning in this, because I can't figure who the Browns would want that badly. I mean, who would they be targeting that wouldn't be there at number three? Brady Quinn?
              That really wouldnt make any sense at all.
              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                Sit for Quinn huh? Detroit is so adament about wanting to trade down it's not even funny. They don't want Brady Quinn. Detroit wants Drew Stanton.
                Yeah....

Dumb stuff about the Browns trading up...

I hope that they take Thomas, just to reverse the recent trend of Lion stupidity and add some SURPRISE to the draft!
                Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

hmmm

The only reason I can think of this would be if Cleveland had their heart set on either Thomas or Quinn and wanted to make sure they got him. I still don't think this happens. The only team I could see that would want to trade up would be Tampa to guarantee themselves CJ if he falls. But I would not expect something like this to happen until draft day, b/c who knows who goes at #1 this year.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                    That really wouldnt make any sense at all.
                    That's what I'm saying... why would the Browns want to move up one spot? I think that it would be extremely foolish, because nobody (in my opinion) is worth moving up one spot and probably giving up more picks.

If it cost the Saints a third rounder to move up three spots a couple of years ago, it would probably cost a lot more to move up to number two overall.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                      The only reason I can think of this would be if Cleveland had their heart set on either Thomas or Quinn and wanted to make sure they got him. I still don't think this happens. The only team I could see that would want to trade up would be Tampa to guarantee themselves CJ if he falls. But I would not expect something like this to happen until draft day, b/c who knows who goes at #1 this year.
                      Exactly . . . my money would be on Thomas, and they want to assure that they get him before Arizona trades up. It won't cost them a ton, but it will be worth it, IMO.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.
                      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

I didn't realize that the Lions shopping their 2nd overall pick was new news. Nor was Bly staying in Denver new news.

Before the Jets got Thomas Jones, the rumor was the Jets were going to trade up (Vilma + our first) for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Texans trading up to get Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Brady Quinn.

Then the rumor was the Falcons were going to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

Then the rumor was the Bills were going to trade up for Adrian Peterson.

Then the rumor was the Cardinals were going to trade up for Joe Thomas...

With that many rumors involving the Lions 2nd overall, of course they are shopping it.

Comment

Browns trading up one spot really beneffited the Lions the last time that happened. :)

hehe...
                          I'm a state.

Comment

I heard that a deal was close to sending Culpepper to Detroit in exchange for the 2nd overall pick... rumor obviously, but I heard it was heavily discussed recently
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

no body would take that deal, not even millen

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information