No announcement yet.

Jacoby Ford underrated?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like we're seeing more of these undersized 'track star' WRs make an impact in the NFL. Guys like Ford, Donnie Avery, Mike Wallace(Ok, maybe a little undersized), Desean Jackson, etc. Guys who aren't that big and physical, but are super fast and might fair better than they would have in the days when DB's could be more physical.

Comment

If you trade the word unnoticed for underrated than you'd probably have a case. As far as all of the stuff that I've read, he hasn't been exactly talked about enough to be under or overrated. Immense potential and definitely a breakout game.

Hopefully he can build on it in the second half of the season.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
        He should get it because at this point DHB isn't even made for football.. he needs to improve his hands and work on his route running before he can even be labeled a football player.
        He should focus on his hands first and if he can't improve them, maybe a move to DB could work.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
          It was one game.
          What he said.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

As an avid ACC watcher I was saying through the whole draft process that Ford was being underrated way too much. Just because of his track background people were bunching him in that group with guys like Trindon Holliday when in fact Jacoby showed me legit WR skills in college.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
              One very good game does not make a career or make one underrated.
              No but it probably makes you better than Heyward-Bey.

Comment

Didn't DHB finally have a good game this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  It seems like we're seeing more of these undersized 'track star' WRs make an impact in the NFL. Guys like Ford, Donnie Avery, Mike Wallace(Ok, maybe a little undersized), Desean Jackson, etc. Guys who aren't that big and physical, but are super fast and might fair better than they would have in the days when DB's could be more physical.
                  Indeed and I'm loving it!!!!!

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                  The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                  Newton
                  South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                  Barely literate +5 swagger
                  Thief +15 swagger
                  Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                  Big, average speed -3 swagger
                  Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                  Total Swagger: 62
                  ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Comment

I think it has more to do with Brandon Flowers being overrated. His lack of speed didn't disappear, the Chiefs have just done a good job of hiding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      I think it has more to do with Brandon Flowers being overrated. His lack of speed didn't disappear, the Chiefs have just done a good job of hiding it.
                      I don't know man, he is pretty beastly. Every time I see the Chiefs play, he is the standout defender, which is pretty impressive for a CB who doesn't even register as that much of a ballhawk.

Ford and the other speedsters are probably his nightmare matchup though, you're not wrong about that.

Comment

Short and intermediate, sure. But if you get 1-1 on him with a fast WR you can attack him, which the Raiders did all afternoon long.

Comment

Because Eric Berryzzzz is supposed to catch anything thrown above the heads of his corners.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Yeah, Flowers had a hard time getting his hands on Ford off the line, which is kind of his bread and butter, and in a foot-race there's no real question who's going to win. Ford was displaying some really strong route-running, which I don't think most people expected. What was more surprising was how badly Flowers reacted to being beat. He called for a flag basically every time Ford beat him. That was a little disappointing.

The truth is that Ford is probably going to be used less in the passing game in coming weeks with Murphy, Schilens, and Miller all likely due back for the Pittsburgh game. What got a lot of people really excited was the fact that Oakland finally used him in the kick return game and it wouldn't shock me if he replaced Nick Miller as the punt return (Miller has balls, I don't think I've ever seen him call for the fair catch, but he's not exactly a giant threat).

I like how everyone forgets that just last week DHB had a huge game.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              I like how everyone forgets that just last week DHB had a huge game.
                              I thought he did. Though I thought it was a couple weeks ago. I know it is fun to talk about DHBust but it seems dumb to praise one raw athlete WR and rebuke another in the same breath when both just had "breakout" games recently.

Comment

Since there are questions marks I will assume it's asking, and the answer is no.

The kid had a great game, but he only made the lineup and saw targets b/c of all the injuries. He hasn't been able to beat the guys ahead of him for time.

He did a great job making the most of his opportunity, but it's one game.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information