Jacoby Ford underrated?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    I think it has more to do with Brandon Flowers being overrated.
    Thats funny.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      I don't know man, he is pretty beastly. Every time I see the Chiefs play, he is the standout defender, which is pretty impressive for a CB who doesn't even register as that much of a ballhawk.

Ford and the other speedsters are probably his nightmare matchup though, you're not wrong about that.
      This is more accurate than him being over-rated. Everyone knew that speedy receivers would be his bane but even then he has been pretty great so far in his career locking them down. Ford beat him, straight up, no question, and no one is denying that.

But to call him over-rated because of a single game is stupid. He's still a very, very good cornerback and is only getting better. He's only in his third year, he has a lot of room to improve still.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Ford and Spiller were fun to watch at Clemson. I really liked him coming out.

Comment

This game by Jacoby reminds me of Chung's game weeks back.

Comment

Overrated? Don't be ridiculous. He's a rookie. His value hasn't been established yet.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Overrated? Don't be ridiculous. He's a rookie. His value hasn't been established yet.
              Na somebody said Flowers was... lol
              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
              Coples is that dude.
              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                This is more accurate than him being over-rated. Everyone knew that speedy receivers would be his bane but even then he has been pretty great so far in his career locking them down. Ford beat him, straight up, no question, and no one is denying that.

But to call him over-rated because of a single game is stupid. He's still a very, very good cornerback and is only getting better. He's only in his third year, he has a lot of room to improve still.

He won't be getting any faster through experience. He does a great job with what he has and the scheme covers up for some of his deficiencies. I would love him on my team, but some have called him a "shutdown" corner and I don't think he has the deep speed to earn that acclaim.

Comment

Troy Williamson had a couple of good games back in 2006 ;)

Nah j/k I love me some Jacoby, kid can play and hopefully keeps getting some legit game time.

Also... no one has mentioned it but isn't the most amazing out of nowhere thing in this whole even being that Jason Campbell actually threw the ball more than 5 yards downfield? I know that after watching him check down like it was all he knew in Washington that to see him throwing deep balls is just ridonculous!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

From Ford being underrated to Flowers being overrated. I roll my eyes at both statements.

So Flowers can't cover sub 4.3 receivers one-on-one deep. So what? I don't even think there are a handful in the league who can.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      From Ford being underrated to Flowers being overrated. I roll my eyes at both statements.

So Flowers can't cover sub 4.3 receivers one-on-one deep. So what? I don't even think there are a handful in the league who can.
                      ^^^AMEN^^^ C'mon, 1 game and Ford is in the HoF and Flowers is a scrub. Get real.

Everyone is entitled to a bad game and Flowers had his. In the first 6 games, multiple WR that had much faster 40 times than Flowers tried to take him deep unsuccessfully. Ford had a fantastic game and has a bright future ahead of him. Let's let him prove it on the field and go unnoticed before the we call him underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                        Troy Williamson had a couple of good games back in 2006 ;)

Nah j/k I love me some Jacoby, kid can play and hopefully keeps getting some legit game time.

Also... no one has mentioned it but isn't the most amazing out of nowhere thing in this whole even being that Jason Campbell actually threw the ball more than 5 yards downfield? I know that after watching him check down like it was all he knew in Washington that to see him throwing deep balls is just ridonculous!

Jason always had a decent deep ball. He just never had enough time especially since he doesn't know how to make reads.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Ford will just beat everyone with his speed until he takes enough hits to start having nagging injuries that make it hard to get to full speed. The sad truth is that small players last shorter periods.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

The thread title only makes me think of one thing.

I'm Ron Burgundy??????????

Comment

Ford was not only going deep on Flowers tho... he worked him with different routes and that catch over the middle where he ripped the ball away from Flowers was a amazing play by Ford.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information