No announcement yet.

Wade Phillips fired - Jason Garrett new HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants obviousy should win easily but teams always play better the week they get a new head coach.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      I would post many more, but the site is being slow today. I'm going to enjoy this soooo much.....my apologies in advance Cowboy fans.
      Lol apoligize for what? Cowboys fans across the world are rejoicing and it would be even sweeter if Garrett wasn't promoted, but the good thing is he'll probably do terrible too and we'll be rid of both. Worst case was stayed on as HC, or Garrett was promoted to HC with an extension, if we can avoid both there isn't a better scenario for the cowboys.

Hell I feel sorry for the Vikes who actually won which kept Chilly his job, and honestly if your not gonna win the SB you want the highest pick possible. I couldn't be happier right now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
        I would expect Cowboys fans to be pissed that Garrett got it, but it kind of had to happen. Wade Phillips was a dead man walking, they couldn't (or shouldn't) bring in someone from outside the franchise to be an interim, and Garrett was the only option left.
        I'm excited for the future because I think with Garrett the losing will continue. Woo hoo!!!! Patrick Peterson, here we come!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I was hoping they fired Phillips after the Giants game this Sunday. Oh well he'll be missed.
          I miss him already.. I miss his confused looks on the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            I was hoping they fired Phillips after the Giants game this Sunday. Oh well he'll be missed.
            Why? You think the Cowboys will win now??? hahahahahaha.

Comment

Why did the Vikings have to win????????????? GOD DAMNIT!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                No surprise. The announcers had it right last night (and trust me, it hurts to say that about Chris ******* Collinsworth) when discussing the interim thing being perfect for assessing Garrett's mettle as a HC.

I am pretty certain Garrett will suck as a HC, and hope that he does, but I don't see how he could be fairly assessed right now with Jon Kitna at QB. Maybe he'll get players to play harder, and respond to him, but with how quick he abandons the run, and how much he wants to pass, it's a recipe for disaster.

I wonder who takes over the defense now, Campo? I can't wait for candidates to start throwing their hat in the ring.

Also Giants fans, Perry Fewell name has already came up for 1 or 2 HC's job. Honest question, would you credit more of the turnaround this year for your defense to him, his schemes and what he's running, or the fact that you guys are actually healthy now, especially Osi?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

You just know Jason Garrett is going to do AT LEAST ONE trick play.

Like run the wildcat with Jon Kitna.

Or a double reverse bubble screen with the option of a HB pass or some wild ****.

This forum is gonna feast on Garrett.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    I am pretty certain Garrett will suck as a HC, and hope that he does, but I don't see how he could be fairly assessed right now with Jon Kitna at QB. Maybe he'll get players to play harder, and respond to him, but with how quick he abandons the run, and how much he wants to pass, it's a recipe for disaster.

I wonder who takes over the defense now, Campo? I can't wait for candidates to start throwing their hat in the ring.

Also Giants fans, Perry Fewell name has already came up for 1 or 2 HC's job. Honest question, would you credit more of the turnaround this year for your defense to him, his schemes and what he's running, or the fact that you guys are actually healthy now, especially Osi?

Already?! NO! Can we have a DC that is not going to leave after success OR not going to be a 1 and done? LOL. What the heck?

Lewis
                    Spags
                    Sheridan
                    Fewell
                    ??????????

What is this American Idol Coaches Edition?

Comment

I think its a 50/50 mix of both. I love how multiple he is with our fronts. I love his philosophy on gap assignment in the run game.

Being healthy surely helps, bc our defense is so complete when healthy you can pretty much call anything and it should work. But Fewell has definitely gotten the most out of the unit, so he deserves a ton of credit as well.

I heard John Fox is the hot name for you guys. I hope not, I love John Fox.

Comment

And goddammit Dallas, stop trying to take former Giants as your HCs! They're ours!

:(

Comment

I think that's exactly what the measure will be. Jerry will hope his golden boy can spark some toughness and that could be enough to seal the deal. Which would be pretty standard Jerry stupidity, since there really isn't anywhere to go but up from the way the Cowboys have played the last few games.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Dammit....:(

I'm gonna miss ya Wade. I speak for all Giants, Eagles, and Redskins fans when I say that. We're all gonna miss you :(

Hopefully Garrett signs like a 5 year extension as HC. We're about to see a whole lot of empty sets and bubble screens!

Chuck and duck Kitna. Chuck and duck.
                            He did coach us to two division titles. It wasnt all bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

Another thing to be happy about: If you're like any Cowboy fan I've met and you hate Garrett, his reign of terror will get shortened assuming he does as bad as you all think he'll do. If Jerry was going to hire him in the off season anyway, he will probably still be coaching next year, but you get an extra half season to start revolting.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                                Had to be done...who calls the defense now...I'm sure it'll be Campo...but this is going to probably stay just as ugly.
                                Probably Paul Pasqualoni.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information